For your viewing pleasure.

on January 21, 2010 in video blogs with 17 comments by

Well, for about 10 hours, the inside of my blog was broken. I don’t know how to explain that any better except to say that WOW THAT WAS FRIGHTENING [cause I thought, for a while, that the ole snoozle blog might be the last thing you hear from AnnieBlogs, and what a dumb way to go out].

But yay for my blog-boss Lauren for fixing it!

So all’s well now. Moving right along…..

Believe it or not [I think that saying is dumb], I have not one, not two, but THREE videos for you today.

I know. It’s like Hanukkah -5.

First of all, I have a video blog up at SheSeeks today. About ice cream. Sorta. Check it out, yo.

Secondly, Mocha Club is doing this cool thing next week where Dave Barnes, Matt Wertz, and Brandon Heath are going to do a live online concert. They will be singing some of their songs, interviewing each other [prepare. to. laugh.], and talking about clean water in Africa. HERE are all the details. And here is the promo video.

Funniest part to me: at 0:21 when Matt can’t figure out what to do with his hands. That’s humorous.

So, I’d love you for you to join us next Tuesday. I’ll be there guarding the twitter stream and picking out the questions for the boyz to answer. I’m tellin’ y’all. It’s gonna be a good time.

The final video is a Grammy update. Here’s the first dress fitting, post alterations, with Pattie the seamstress, Amber the stylist, and Lauren the… uh… funny one.

Music for the videos was provided by Seth Philpott, Dave Barnes, and Adam Agin (in that order).

Really. Don’t panic about the black dress. It’ll fit perfect in a week. Ladies, you know how this works.

Sorry that all my videos are the same, a pattern if you will. Music. Black screen. Words. Pictures. It’s boring, but it’s all I know. 🙂

Happy Thursday.

1. Merideth Schoolcraft
    posted on Jan 21, 2010 at 10:14 AM  |  reply

First off, Annie you are so fortunate to be part of some very cool things since you have been in Nashville.
    Second, Can you tell me what your dress for the Grammies looks like?
    Your ice cream video…I agree that it’s good to keep up with the culture around you so you are relevant, etc. I think the same way in relation to kids/teens. I love working with kids,and one of these days hope to have a job doing that, and I think it’s important for me to keep up with stuff related to teens so I can relate well with them.
    OH and when you were talking about ice cream toppings….I was reminded of a place I used to go when I was a kid in Mass. Heabert’s(not sure if I spelt that right) is the name of the place, and it’s actually a candy store up there. But, the one near my hometown had an area where you could make your own sundaes. They had every topping you could think of. butterscotch, fudge, fruit, marshmellow sauce, and my fave for a long time was a mint syrup topping. HMMMM!!! They got rid of it within a couple of years, though. So sad. I loved getting ice cream there, though.

2. Valerie
    posted on Jan 21, 2010 at 11:13 AM  |  reply

Don’t have time to watch the videos right now since I’m at work, but had to say

dave barnes. online concert.

BEST WORDS I’ve read in a long long long time.

3. posted on Jan 21, 2010 at 11:16 AM  |  reply

Love the black dress. Love.

4. posted on Jan 21, 2010 at 11:29 AM  |  reply

K. I’m just gonna throw this out there.
    God forbid you get sick and can’t go to the Grammy’s, please let Hil (see? nickname again) that I’m a suitable substitute. I don’t exactly have a gown, but I did just get a bridesmaid dress for my brother’s wedding that I will be happy to ROCK on the red carpet in your stead. I can only imagine the shock and awe of the reporters when they ask me who I am wearing and I proudly proclaim “David’s Bridal.”
    Just lettin you know that I’m here for you. And Hil. Kbye.

5. posted on Jan 21, 2010 at 11:47 AM  |  reply

don’t even sweat it…I had to get cut out of a dress when I was in high school…happens to the best of us.
    10 days and that baby’ll fit like a dream:)

6. posted on Jan 21, 2010 at 12:17 PM  |  reply

“Don’t forget we’ll have a solid week of eating right and exercising.” Cracks. Me. UP.

Both dresses–stunning. How will you wear your hair? Up or down?

7. posted on Jan 21, 2010 at 12:36 PM  |  reply

This is so exciting. The concert and your dresses!

It was like getting a sneak peek at a wedding gown fitting.
    Thanks for letting us see it all.

Countdown begins. I’ve never been so excited about seeing the Grammys.

8. posted on Jan 21, 2010 at 12:37 PM  |  reply

I’m going to bring “gorgie poo” to Los Angeles.

Yes, I’m cool enough to work it! 😉

9. posted on Jan 21, 2010 at 1:46 PM  |  reply

Beautiful! I think I have to agree with Southern Gal. I do always watch The Grammys but I’ve never been so excited. I’ll be all, “I read her blog! She’s so funny. Love her.”

And then the cat will glare at me and walk away because well, I live alone and she doesn’t like it when I talk to her. But I’ll still be really excited. 🙂

10. lucy
    posted on Jan 21, 2010 at 6:02 PM  |  reply

LOVE the dresses!! the gold is totally glam and perfect for the grammys!! and the other one is perfectly “breakfast @ tiffany’s… again: simply gorgie-poo! xoxox VERY excited to hear/ see more xoxoox

11. posted on Jan 21, 2010 at 6:27 PM  |  reply

3 things.

1. You look BEAUTIFUL in those dresses. Rock those Grammys girl (hahaha I can do puns too)!!!

2. You never cease to have me rolling in hysterics and learning something at the same time. Go you.

3. Miss you! Hope to see you in the MC office soon!

MacKenzie

12. posted on Jan 21, 2010 at 6:38 PM  |  reply

You look awesome!!!!! I hope you have a wonderful time!

13. posted on Jan 22, 2010 at 1:16 AM  |  reply

Love the black dress, have a blast!

14. posted on Jan 22, 2010 at 3:23 PM  |  reply

I agree with Lora Lynn and Kimberly-LOVE the black dress. Love the grammy dress too but really love the black one.

15. E-dub
    posted on Jan 22, 2010 at 10:17 PM  |  reply

Caveat: I’ve been under a rock.
    BUT YOU’RE GOING TO THE FLIPPIN’ GRAMMYS! Boom. Roasted.

16. ashley Eicher
    posted on Jan 25, 2010 at 1:41 AM  |  reply

Umm sister from another mister!! You look AMAZING!!! I am so trilled for you and cannot wait to hear all of the deets…When are you landing in my fair city?

17. ashley Eicher
    posted on Jan 25, 2010 at 1:45 AM  |  reply

And by the way…I’ve had to be cut out of dresses before on the side of the stage…It’s fine..It happens..When I competed at miss Nashville, the zipper of the dress busted right before I was supposed to go on stage for talent. We safety pinned the back all the way up and I walked sideways onto the stage so no one could see. and then I won. Trust me! this just makes for a good story for later. Heart you so much!