Overwhelmed.

on February 3, 2010 in Get Fit with 10 comments by

I don’t know what to say.

I didn’t read the comments much during the day yesterday. But last night, around 11:30pm, I finally sat down and read them all. Every. Last. One. Of. Them.

And I don’t know what to say.

[But let’s be honest. That has never stopped me before.]

Thank you. To those who commented and to those who didn’t. To those who understand because you’ve been here, you are here, or to those who don’t totally get it.

The whole time I was in LA, I kept looking at my friends and saying thank you. It felt weak. It doesn’t fully express my gratitude. Because I did NOTHING to deserve the kindness that I was shown, getting to go on that trip and experience the Grammys [which I promise I’ll talk about soon].

And in the same vein, I have done NOTHING to deserve your support. But I am deeply grateful.

So thank you. I am moved beyond belief. I am challenged by your hope.

It’s really weird to talk about this. I don’t think it’s gonna get any easier. I’m learning so so much and I’m making mistakes and forming new habits. But I want you to know that every day I’m trying my hardest to make good choices and fit in exercise.

I won’t be blogging much here about this journey- it was mostly be over at Annie Gets Fit, so make sure you’ve bookmarked that or subscribed if you want to read along. Because though this is a big part of my life, it is NOT my life. My identity isn’t in my body or my blog or my high fashion sense [I hear snickering. Rude.] or in my friendships.

My identity is in the One who makes all things new.

Here at AnnieBlogs, we’re going to stick to the important topics, like how to fold things [next up, a bad hand!], what music we should be buying, how Jesus changes my life, and the fact that I am moving to a new house in Nashville in four days and I have approximately four boxes packed.

Aye carumba.

1. posted on Feb 03, 2010 at 7:40 AM  |  reply

Annie- I am so glad I stumbled upon you blog a long while back. I watched the Grammies so intently to try to find you! I am a HUGE Lady Antebellum fan & loved reading your tweets!

I’m so glad for you to have experienced that trip and all the GREAT things!

Hold on tight, because things will only get better and your blessings will only get bigger! Stay strong and focused and good luck packing!
    Val

2. posted on Feb 03, 2010 at 8:10 AM  |  reply

Annie, I prayed for you this morning. God reminded me that I told you yesterday that I would. (He’s so good like that.) How coold of Him. I’m only a new cyber-friend here, and I think it’s so cool that He sent me to your blog only a few weeks ago, and now I get to see Him use you to glorify Him in a new way. And I get to be part of it by praying for you.

3. ali
    posted on Feb 03, 2010 at 9:14 AM  |  reply

And I’m crying again! I just watched the piece on Channel 4 (it’s Channel 4, right, or did I just make that up?) What is my problem? I keep crying.

Okay, you are unbelievable, and I’m praying and praising. Praying as you brave this journey, and praising God for your courage and willingness to be vulnerable.

4. Kathrine
    posted on Feb 03, 2010 at 10:56 AM  |  reply

I adore you Annie. Truly. And I’m so excited for what is unfolding in your life… the Grammys, Get Fit, your courage… all of it. 🙂

5. vanessa warren
    posted on Feb 03, 2010 at 11:00 AM  |  reply

oh my goodness, i am so HAPPY for you! what an amazing video in your last post. i remember when you FIRST moved here & when we had lunch & some of the things we chatted about…wow, God has carried you through an amazing journey thus far. what an incredible circle of friends you have here! i am so encouraged by your strength & bravery in all things. you are one amazing girl & I am cheering for you!

6. posted on Feb 03, 2010 at 12:31 PM  |  reply

Wanted so bad to leave a comment yesterday but for some reason I was stuck…I am proud of you and feel your pain/nervousness/excitment….
    I love how today you said that this isn’t your life, a part of it yes, but not your identity. I totally agree. I’m praying God shows you what it is He wants you to see through all this though. And yes, waiting patiently for Grammy scoop! 🙂

7. posted on Feb 03, 2010 at 1:00 PM  |  reply

Oh, my! Moving in 4 days. Sistafriend, I sympathize greatly. I’ve been in Nashville since August and I STILL have boxes on the floor and bare walls that are in desperate need of decoration. Bless. It. All.

8. posted on Feb 03, 2010 at 1:28 PM  |  reply

I’m finally all caught up with AnnieBlogs! It only took me a month to read through your last 6 months of posts.

The Grammys?!?! Awesome!

2 Flips?!? I’m jealous. I was going to get one for Sarah for Christmas or her birthday…failed at both. Do you like it them? Which one do you have?

Oh, and thanks for the sheet folding tips. I never thought to put all four corners of the larger sheets together. Genius.

9. Corrie Freeman
    posted on Feb 03, 2010 at 3:57 PM  |  reply

Annie…I am a lurker. I’ve read your blog for years. I am so proud of you as you start his journey. I’ve been overweight all of my life and would love this opportunity. Many prayers for you, sweet girl!

10. Linda
    posted on Feb 03, 2010 at 7:05 PM  |  reply

Meant to comment yesterday and didn’t get back to you! You are brave and funny and out there and interesting, and sharing all of that in a well written bundle is a gift. So the love you send out is just comin’ back at ya, girl! Enjoy every little smidgen!