Behind the Scenes: Big Girl TV.

on February 11, 2010 in Get Fit with 11 comments by

I make jokes when I feel awkward and uncomfortable. Like now, in the blog title. Talking about the Subway Get Fit Challenge.

I’ve had more conversations, face to face, about my weight in the last 3 weeks than I ever dreamed. I’ve looked in the eyes of my friends, knowing they know THE NUMBER, and had to remind myself that they love me anyways.

But an old [Biblical] truth has again proved true: when light invades the dark, the dark is no longer so scary. So I can have these conversations and email exchanges, and watch as my weight is part of my title across the bottom of the screen, because something is slowly changing.

This private shame is becoming a public piece of art.

Or something like that. Whatever it is, I’m growing to be okay with it. Keep praying, friends. Your prayers are my courage oxygen.

Enough serious talk. Sheesh.

The best thing about being on TV [the list is long, my friends, because I don’t know if you have heard, but hello I’ve always wanted to be on TV] is that in the same studio where we film our segments is the studio kitchen.

So.

You can imagine.

I made many recommendations to my friend Jenny (the producer) on how and why she should give me a cooking show. Or just any show in general.

Then I proceeded to take this photograph.

I think you AnnieBlogs local yokels know that look on my face. That look says “Give me time and I’ll be standing here for realz.”

That look also says, “I’ve got a plan a-brewin’.”

Be afraid, Channel 4 producer Jenny, be very afraid. 🙂

And since More at Midday is not online, I get really technical [yeah right] and flip-cammed my segment today. So enjoy.

Some thoughts:

1. I think Jennifer (the host) and I are going to be BFFs.

2. Why the drum-roll when they show my weight? Wrong sound effect, dudes. I would have preferred something like a “whah whah” or a tugboat horn or a slot machine. Or a crowd of gasps.

3. “I can walk just to walk”? I am nothing short of profound.

4. I like that she called me an author. Cause that makes me seem way more legit than “Annie has a lot of jobs.” Though, technically, both are true.

5. 4:37 = awkward lean in. I don’t know why I did it.

Check out the Annie Gets Fit blog today for a new post where I get possibly too honest about this whole journey.

Have a great day, y’all. I’m more grateful for you than you could ever know.

Much love.

1. posted on Feb 11, 2010 at 6:55 AM  |  reply

On my way to the airport to pick up my parents! Thanks for all the paryers, Annie. You rock.

Love your honesty. The real deal. That’s you.

2. posted on Feb 11, 2010 at 8:46 AM  |  reply

Annie on TV… You are a natural! If you do get your own cooking show, I’d watch for sure!!1

3. Heidi S
    posted on Feb 11, 2010 at 10:55 AM  |  reply

How fun to watch your video!!

You continue to be an inspiration Annie! It is SO fun to be one of your blog readers 🙂

4. posted on Feb 11, 2010 at 11:25 AM  |  reply

even though i don’t actually know you i’m so very proud of you and praying for you! you’re such an encouragement 🙂

5. posted on Feb 11, 2010 at 11:58 AM  |  reply

You picked up that “talent” badge in L.A. Looks like it’s working! Nice work on that video and TV appearance. Looking forward to more webisodes!

6. posted on Feb 11, 2010 at 12:27 PM  |  reply

You are so fun! And maybe a tad too hard on yourself? I didn’t even see the awkward lean in and you even tried to point it out!!!

7. andy m
    posted on Feb 11, 2010 at 12:57 PM  |  reply

YES, ANNIE!!!! you’re going to dominate this crap! remind yourself: desserts do not taste delicious. they taste like failure! i’m still mega pumped about this! one day at a time! rock this ish!

8. posted on Feb 11, 2010 at 1:23 PM  |  reply

You are awesome Annie. Don’t be afraid to talk about your weight, because no matter what we weigh – we have ALL had the same feelings you are having! 🙂

9. Kathy
    posted on Feb 11, 2010 at 4:13 PM  |  reply

You are awesome! Stay strong~ Jesus is going to bless you for being brave and stepping outside your comfort zone!

10. posted on Feb 13, 2010 at 2:21 AM  |  reply

Love your videos. You are so brave!

11. ashley Eicher
    posted on Feb 13, 2010 at 4:54 AM  |  reply

Heart you and love your honesty as always! Keep kickin’ butt sister! xoxo