Midnight musings.

on February 16, 2010 in Sounds good to me., Ze Bloggy Goodness with 18 comments by

Because literally, it’s midnight and I have no idea where this blog post is going.

I guess I’ll just explain some things about some things.

1. The girls Bible study that I attend is doing Beth Moore’s Breaking Free. So. You can imagine how it is tearing.my.life.apart. [If you’ve ever done this study, you know exactly what I mean.] This entire winter/spring, my spiritual life is actually being somewhat dissected and messed with in general. So forgive me if we miss a few bloggy days here or there. I’m possibly on my face praying and dealing with God about something.

Possibly.

2. Also, I finally finished moving and unpacking boxes. My room is cutey-patootie. I’ve found the real joy is this little area. [Forgive the un-hung painting. That’s the final step to room completion.]

There are approximately 45 jokes I want to make about this picture above [something about the shoes, about the “Gospel-Centered Life” notebook, about the abundance of off-white], but I’ll spare you.

This was my grandmother’s bedside table and for the first time since I inherited it in 1999, I feel like it’s living up to its potential.

3. I never know whether to say “it’s” or “its” and I feel really bad about it. Don’t judge me.

4. I have a new video on the GET FIT website. [At some point, I am really going to HAVE to quit choosing humor over self-respect.]

5. I am super excited that I get to go to Marietta for a few days next week. It’s Molly’s birthday party AND my friend Jennifer will be having a baby AND my parents are there AND I’m speaking at a chapel service for a private school AND I’m seeing some friends from my former life when I had good insurance as a teacher AND I’m hoping Kathleen will let me come over and hang out with her family and maybe she’ll teach me how to cook something new.

Pretty much, I’m homesick.

6. Saturday morning is book club. My favorite day of the month.

7. Ben Rector’s album Into The Morning comes out today. His voice is like the ocean. You should get it. [Not his voice. Who do you think you are? Ursula? I meant you should get his album. Sheesh.]

8. Also, plan on attending the Help Haiti Live event. Even if you aren’t in Nashville or LA, you can watch online. Good music for a good cause? Don’t mind if I do.

9. Wanna see how some girls are meeting a unique ministry need here in Nashville? Check out Road Widows.

10. Thanks for being here today. Tell me something. I’m all ears.

[BONUS: Spell-check just corrected “patootie” from “patootey.” There’s your spelling lesson for today.]

1. posted on Feb 16, 2010 at 4:21 AM  |  reply

I love that chair. I used to have a couch similar to that and then I adopted twin babies and they destroyed my couch by emitting various baby-body fluids on it and then by building forts with the stained cushions when they got a little older.

I miss that couch.

I miss you, too! 🙂

2. posted on Feb 16, 2010 at 7:22 AM  |  reply

I also used to struggle with its vs. it’s, and it’s even worse that I’m a 4th grade teacher. Here’s your key: only use it’s as a contraction of it is. If you can’t say “it is”, use its. Crazy, I know. One of the many things that make English so wacky.

Oh, and love the blog, love the transparency, love love love it…

Have a fantabulous Tuesday.

3. posted on Feb 16, 2010 at 7:26 AM  |  reply

Not meaning to be the grammar police, but since you said you had a problem – A little its/it’s help (also your/you’re). If you can say it is (you are)in the sentence and it makes sense then you use it’s (you’re). I’m not an English teacher, but it’s what I always do when I’m writing those confusing contractions (or not).

Hope your visit is wonderful and will help the homesickness.

What book are you reading now?

4. posted on Feb 16, 2010 at 8:43 AM  |  reply

I love your little sitting area! It’s perfect!

5. Amy
    posted on Feb 16, 2010 at 9:20 AM  |  reply

I am sitting in my comfy chair reading this and right next to me is my Starbucks blue and white coffee cup – it is the Colorado one with the Rocky Mountains on it – I am curious what city / state yours is?

You make me laugh.

6. jennifer
    posted on Feb 16, 2010 at 9:24 AM  |  reply

no Bible study messed with me more than breaking free. I did the u.g.l.y. cry after one session…so much so that a few ladies came and asked me if they should call my husband to come take me home (or possibly to an institution…). SO embarrassing…as I do NOT like to cry in front of people, especially ugly cry. They call it that for a reason. It also got me to a place of real honesty with God about myself and indeed I “broke free” of a some things. All that to say, if it’s hard, go with it. Know I, and others, will be praying for grace. I am quite confident that on the other side youwill say it was worth it. Love and hugs to you!

7. posted on Feb 16, 2010 at 9:33 AM  |  reply

Wow! You’ve had quite a bit going on! Love your new place … especially the sitting area. Always wanted one of those but then I’m afraid I’d never use it. And thanks for the Road Widows shout out! 🙂

8. posted on Feb 16, 2010 at 9:45 AM  |  reply

Breaking Free changed me. It is a POWERFUL study. God bless!

9. posted on Feb 16, 2010 at 10:31 AM  |  reply

I love the idea of using a bed side table for a little table by a chair. very creative.

10. posted on Feb 16, 2010 at 11:54 AM  |  reply

Is it wrong that I am coveting your sitting area? I am visualizing my bedroom and trying to figure out how I could make my own little area just pour moi.

Sorry about your homesickness – at least you have some place to be homesick for! That’s a good thing, right?

11. Travis
    posted on Feb 16, 2010 at 1:12 PM  |  reply

The Ursula comment will probably make me laugh for the rest of the day. It’s the small things that count, right?
    Travis

12. posted on Feb 16, 2010 at 2:46 PM  |  reply

I love when you post random thoughts! Here are my thoughts for you today:

1. I must have your comfy cozy chair.

2. I actually clicked on your link for Ursula because I knew you were talking about the Little Mermaid, but then thought maybe you weren’t talking about the Little Mermaid, and then I’d feel really silly about laughing about something I didn’t know about, and then even sillier that I thought you would know that I was laughing about something I didn’t know about because you can’t see me sitting here laughing.

3. It may seem odd to say it, but enjoy your Beth Moore study even during the painful times. The Lord uses her to changes lives.

4. I just got a really cute puppy. Check out my site, and you will smile and think that everything will be right in the world when you look at him. 🙂

13. Kathleen
    posted on Feb 16, 2010 at 5:53 PM  |  reply

when can we expect you?

14. Merideth
    posted on Feb 16, 2010 at 8:52 PM  |  reply

So, what school are you speaking at? When,and what are you speaking on? I’ll be praying for you that it goes well. I know the kids will love you! Glad you get to spend some time at home with friends and family. I actually have the breaking free bible study, but have never actually done it. You have me thinking about it, now, though. So, maybe I’ll check it out.

15. posted on Feb 17, 2010 at 12:10 AM  |  reply

Doing Breaking free again this semester too. It’s amazing all the new things He’s bringing up. We are just never done, are we?

16. posted on Feb 17, 2010 at 1:24 AM  |  reply

You too?

Also, I love that chair. Com-fay. I tweeted from that chair and pretended to be Annie.

17. posted on Feb 17, 2010 at 1:23 PM  |  reply

I’m not doing Breaking Free but I feel like I’m in a similar place. There was a time I could only pray one thing. And it came in the form of a song by Jars of Clay (Worlds Apart). I feel like I’ve been in a long season of Him doing in me what I asked when that was my only prayer. I thought that time was nearing an end. But it’s not really. So I totally get the on your face thing. It’s not easy. And it’s not pretty.

P.S. Love your little nook. So cute!

18. posted on Feb 20, 2010 at 4:20 PM  |  reply

Breaking Free? Mercy. I did the original one. That study will mess you up. In the best possible way of course. I could probably use a refresher course.