Here’s the haircut. And some other things.

on March 22, 2012 in AnnieSpeaks, I heart books. with 16 comments by

So there you go. Before and after. I feel absolutely 100% ridiculous showing this photo, but I figure if I ask your opinion, you deserve to see the final product from yesterday.

I am going to be so surprised if my hair ever looks that totally awesome again because Annie Downs is not overly skilled in the area of using a curling iron. But I’m gonna practice. I really am.

Volume. My hairstylist says I need volume. So there’s that.

I’m also wearing my favorite shirt ever- my Jake Ousley Plays Music shirt. Because it is true- Jake Ousley does play music. And he does it well.

On to other things….

I hope you saw Emily Freeman’s blog post yesterday. Get comfy somewhere before you start it. It won’t take you long, but it is so beautifully written that you need to be calm and have some minutes to marinate in it. Sheesh. Also, her book for teen girls, Graceful, can be pre-ordered now. You should do that. For realz.

My good pal Jules is trying to win his dream job as a baseball reporter. [“I’ll take jobs that I never want for $200, Alex.”] If you’ve got about 90 seconds, could you go vote for him? You can vote 50 times… just click the button over and over until it makes you quit. Watch his video- it is truly excellent. He’s a great writer and is totally the man for this job.

I am having an ABSOLUTELY BLAST scheduling nights in the blue circle. If you are in the blue circle [or are in Atlanta] and you haven’t spoken up yet, email me, yo! All the details are in this post.

Here’s what’s true: I’m hearing lots of outcry from Texans about the lack of blue circling in that state …. so I’m thinking about doing a little Texas Tour in June. Will you Texans speak up if that would be something you’d be interested in? It would be the same deal – one meal with you, me talking a little bit, just pay my travel from one city to the next [I would drive], and I’ll come meet your friends and your youth group girls and whatever.

Texas- you interested? Comment or email me (annieblogs [at] gmail [dot] com) or send a carrier pigeon or something.

And finally, the best 8 minutes of your day. Seriously. Watch it. It tears me up every time.

1. posted on Mar 22, 2012 at 5:56 AM  |  reply

Powerful.

And your hair looks amazing, dear. Just a little practice with that curling iron and you’ll be great at it in no time.

2. kelli
    posted on Mar 22, 2012 at 7:34 AM  |  reply

that video makes me tear up too! one of my students recently memorized the ENTIRE thing!! she’s recited it twice now for school/church events…unbelievable!

ps- my junior and senior girls are using your book for our small group! we LOVE it!

3. merideth
    posted on Mar 22, 2012 at 8:43 AM  |  reply

So, can I get a description of what you had done to your hair?

4. posted on Mar 22, 2012 at 8:54 AM  |  reply

instead of a curling iron (don’t have the time) i use fat hot rollers. with three children, i can put the rollers in, start breakfast, pack lunches, unload the dishwasher, get the children dressed, etc. and take the rollers out a while later. it takes a little practice but you can do other things instead of standing still curling your hair.

make sure you don’t get the skinny rollers as they make tighter curls. the fat rollers make soft curls like what you have.

5. posted on Mar 22, 2012 at 9:50 AM  |  reply

Haircut? Amazing!!

Baseball reporter? Awesome!!

Video? A forever favorite!!

6. posted on Mar 22, 2012 at 10:49 AM  |  reply

Thanks for the words and linkage, friend. So much.

And that hair equals amazing. Love the layer-y curlyness. Very lovely.

7. posted on Mar 22, 2012 at 2:52 PM  |  reply

love that video! and your hair looks great. I feel your curling iron pain though – I’ve never even used straightners/flat irons!

8. posted on Mar 22, 2012 at 3:13 PM  |  reply

Looks awesome.

9. posted on Mar 23, 2012 at 7:58 PM  |  reply

Texas says, “YES!” Specifically, I say, yes!! Please come, Annie! Talk to me about June. Later in the month gets a little hairy but I really do want you to come. It’s been too long since I stalked my favorite blogista in her favorite coffee shop and then shared the best ever popsicle.

10. posted on Mar 23, 2012 at 11:10 PM  |  reply

Your hair looks gorgeous! Can you tell me where you had it cut? My hair is similar to your ‘before’ picture and I’d love to get a cut like yours.

11. Lisa
    posted on Mar 24, 2012 at 7:09 AM  |  reply

Love the haircut, girlie! But love even more that you’re true to your word, even in the little things (like promising a group of teens that you would a) get a haircut and b) post pics – and you did both!) And an incredible video! Thanks for sharing!

12. posted on Mar 24, 2012 at 10:45 AM  |  reply

oh my goodness. That video is amazinG! Thank you for posting it.

and your hair looks great:)

13. nicole
    posted on Mar 25, 2012 at 8:33 PM  |  reply

You look so happy with your fabulous hair..You must practice curling your hair cause you look so beautiful with it.

14. posted on Mar 26, 2012 at 12:22 AM  |  reply

your hair looks so good you could be a Beth Moore daughter.

15. Katy
    posted on Mar 27, 2012 at 9:18 AM  |  reply

Oh my gosh.. that video is amazingggg. And your hair too :)

16. Louise
    posted on Mar 27, 2012 at 10:52 AM  |  reply

Sadly my hair is too thick and heavy for curls enjoy yours! I tried to vote for your friend but couldn’t find where I have to click?