Le Lovely Links.

on April 18, 2012 in Ze Bloggy Goodness with 19 comments by

Being that my mom and sister are currently in France, I thought I should speak a little French in le title.

You’re welcome. [De rien.]

I have a little list of links that I’ve been meaning to share with you. So I’ve gathered them all up today and bring them to you, commercial free.

[I don't know what that means, but it totally fits there, doesn't it?]

. . . . .

One of my favorite magazines for teen girls is Susie Magazine. [You should subscribe. Seriously.] Susie Magazine is one of le Top 10 contest finalists to get on le shelf at Wal-Mart.

Yes. THE Wal-Mart. LE Wal-Mart.

Y’all. A teen Christian girl magazine getting featured at Wal-Mart? That’s some God sized stuff right there.

Will you vote for Susie Magazine? Puh-lease? You can vote via Facebook and texting every day for le next week or so.

. . . . .

You know already that I’m on facebook, twitter, and instagram. But. I’m sorry to say. I’ve fallen to le pressure of pinterest.

And I love it.

So far, I have mainly found it to be a good spot to collect all manner of glittery objects. And as you know, that’s a win to me.

Follow along if you don’t mind lots of glitter and words and recipes.

. . . . .

My friend Jenny at Dinner: A Love Story [which you've heard me make mention of before] released her beautiful book trailer yesterday. I want you to see it.

. . . . .

My friend Andy is doing a cool pre-release of his album Leonard, The Lonely Astronaut. This is seriously one of le coolest album ideas going right now. Check it out.

. . . . .

Have you heard of Very Jane?

It’s like Groupon meets Etsy and makes lots of happy shoppers. I’m obsessed right now. I’ve only bought one deal, but I love love love looking at le deals every day. What an awesome service for Etsy shops!

. . . . .

My pals Lady Antebellum have a new tumblr with tons of pictures. I think it’s really fun.

I particularly love this picture. My people, they are so happy. Which makes me so happy.

. . . . .

Lyndsay Rush is doing this series of HILARIOUS one-liners. You should subscribe to her blog and you’ll get to laugh a lot. Almost every day.

This is a personal favorite …. because I’m afraid it is kinda true. Blame Nashville.

. . . . .

Will you now share a link with le bloggy world in le comment section? I’d love to see a post you’ve recently read that you love, a new website that is blowing your mind, something funny, your pinterest link, whatever!

Link it up, y’all.

Happy Wednesday!

Or as they say in France, écureuil!

[That actually means "squirrel" but it is my favorite word in French and I'm not sure I will ever have le chance to drop it on AnnieBlogs ever again. So. Today it is. Thanks for understanding.] [Also. No one paid me or gave me free stuff to talk about their websites, etc. I just genuinely love this stuff. Just so ya know.]

1. posted on Apr 18, 2012 at 6:17 AM  |  reply

Such le cool links. We’re on spring break here, but as soon as I get a chance I’m going to listen to the series from yesterday and visit some of these links. Off to begin another project…

You’ll have to come by and see Nora’s big pink cast. Mercy.

• Annie
      posted on Apr 18, 2012 at 11:07 AM  |  reply

Bless her heart! But she looks good doing it! :)

2. posted on Apr 18, 2012 at 7:45 AM  |  reply

Hey Annie!
    Thanks for sharing the Dinner: A Love Story trailer. Looks like a great book. But I have to wait until June… ah!
    Have you seen this link floating around on Facebook yet? Glorious… just glorious.

• Annie
      posted on Apr 18, 2012 at 11:08 AM  |  reply

Oh I am laughing. That is awesome.

3. posted on Apr 18, 2012 at 10:43 AM  |  reply

Thanks for sharing all these links!

I just read this blog by Jon Acuff and I LOVE it! I feel like most women need to read this!

• Annie
      posted on Apr 18, 2012 at 11:08 AM  |  reply

I read that this morning as well. He nailed it. Per usual.

4. posted on Apr 18, 2012 at 11:02 AM  |  reply

Be careful on pinterest – they have copywrite issues. Sort of like napster.

• Annie
      posted on Apr 18, 2012 at 11:08 AM  |  reply

Ooohh…. tell me more. What do you mean?

5. posted on Apr 18, 2012 at 11:12 AM  |  reply

I love le pinterest! :) I have a board “full house|hungry teens” where I just started collecting cheap / easy recipes to feed the masses – might be worth a follow for your small group!

• Annie
      posted on Apr 18, 2012 at 11:15 AM  |  reply

Um. Yes. Done. Totally.

6. posted on Apr 18, 2012 at 12:14 PM  |  reply

Kelli looks so gorgeous in the wedding pictures! I’m so happy for her.

• Annie
      posted on Apr 18, 2012 at 6:14 PM  |  reply

She is beyond gorgeous on a normal day. She was exquisite on her wedding day. Breath-taking. Truly.

7. Merideth
    posted on Apr 18, 2012 at 12:29 PM  |  reply

What are your mom and sister doing in France? I’m so jealous! I’d love to go there right now just to eat the bread, cheese, and chocolate moose. Hope they are having a good trip.

• Annie
      posted on Apr 18, 2012 at 6:14 PM  |  reply

They are on a mission trip!

8. posted on Apr 19, 2012 at 9:09 PM  |  reply

I was a French minor in college, so I spent half the time reading this post trying to decide if some of those “le”s should be “la”s ha! Ridiculous. Shockingly, I have had little occasion to use my French since moving to Nashville :) My favorite French word to say is “pamplemousse” which is grapefruit. My favorite for its meaning is “flâner” which means to go on an aimless wandering stroll, where you don’t really have a destination. Baudelaire described it as “walking a city in order to experience it.” I used it as kind of the defining word for when I lived in Paris.

• Annie
      posted on Apr 24, 2012 at 8:56 AM  |  reply

hahhaa. Well, I’ve studied French for zero days, so I didn’t even know “la” was an option. Sorry! :)

I love Paris! Jealous you got to live there.

9. Susan
    posted on Apr 22, 2012 at 8:46 PM  |  reply

It took my awhile to come around to pinterest as I’m definitely not an early adopter, but it’s so fun and lovely. My favorite board is my menswear board, mostly for the sharp clothes…maybe a little for the handsome men modeling the sharp clothes. The only chance for my life to reflect my pinterest boards is for me to marry a millionaire. :-)

I’m enjoying your blog!

• Annie
      posted on Apr 24, 2012 at 8:57 AM  |  reply

Susan, I absolutely LOVE your fashion boards. Having a blast looking through them! Thanks for sharing. :)

10. posted on Apr 29, 2012 at 11:42 AM  |  reply

I would say everyone should check out two things…

My fav album – http://www.amazon.com/Night-My-Side-Gemma-Hayes/dp/B000063XYU/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1335717640&sr=8-14

And one of my fav artists- http://www.devonsproule.com/