Day 25: Speak French.

on October 25, 2012 in 31 Days of Jokes with 7 comments by

My friend Beth from Red and Honey gave me today’s joke. Her blog is adorbs, you should see it. She’s Canadian, so she’s got that going for her. Also, her joke involves knowing how to count to five in French. So if you don’t know how to do that, google that first.

Then proceed to Beth’s very funny joke. Or, at least, my poor retelling of Beth’s funny joke.

. . . . .

. . . . .

Two cats were in a boat race.

The American cat was named “One Two Three Cat.”

The Canadian cat was named “Un Deux Trois Cat.”

Do you know which cat won the race?

The American cat.

Because Un Deux Trois Cat Sank.

. . . . .

Get it?

p5rn7vb

1. posted on Oct 25, 2012 at 10:27 PM  |  reply

Yay Annie! I love that joke. My daughter learned it when we spent 4 months in Canada in missions training. And the funniest part about it was when we told the joke to my hubby and he didn’t get it and even after all of our attempts to explain it he still didn’t get it. That made us laugh more than anything! : ) Good memories… good memories. ; )

2. posted on Oct 26, 2012 at 5:32 AM  |  reply

I took French in high school and had to repeat this one to myself until it finally “sank” in. Ethan’s not up yet, but I’ll have some explaining to do with this one.

3. Abbigail
    posted on Oct 26, 2012 at 10:43 AM  |  reply

C’est absolument fantastique!

4. Jennybc
    posted on Oct 26, 2012 at 11:57 AM  |  reply

From the failure of a French student who always wanted to speak it so eloquently…best joke so far. My poor French teacher in high school told me to quit trying…the southern accent ruined the beautiful French.

5. Angelica
    posted on Oct 26, 2012 at 2:07 PM  |  reply

That was fantastic!! Really impressed!!

6. posted on Oct 26, 2012 at 11:54 PM  |  reply

Those couple weeks of French class paid off when I laughed at this joke :)

7. posted on Nov 13, 2012 at 7:27 AM  |  reply

Nice one … took me a minute but I remembered my high school French and then got it. Thanks for sharing.