I just simply wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving.

on November 20, 2012 in Nash-livin' with 9 comments by

and instead I’m sitting on my bed bawling my little hazel eyes flat out of my head.

Here’s the train of thought that got me here.

I wanted to say thank you to my blog readers for all that this year has been – since returning home from Scotland at the end of 2011, you guys have been a huge part of 2012 being the wildest year I could have ever imagined.

And then I started thinking about my people- my Nash-family, my real family, my Cross Point college small group, my Vandy boys, my Girls of Grace pals, Zondervan, and etc etc etc.

Before I knew it, I was listing in my head and getting misty-eyed.

And THEN, for some reason, this video came back to my mind… from a few years ago when our little friend group had a yard sale for the refugee community in Nashville, but we gave everything away. No money, just people in need taking whatever they wanted.

And now I’m just a blubbering mess over here because I’m grateful beyond words for the four years I’ve lived in this town and how every person in that video still holds such a special spot in my heart and I’m stunned at all the ways God has changed and moved in my life since that day.

AND THEN, halfway through the video, a guy puts on a Vandy baseball sweatshirt and I AM UNDONE.

Those are my boys now, those Vandy baseball players, and God knew then that on that very team were some young men who would soon feel like brothers.

So I’m crying… which shocks absolutely no one.

Things are gonna be quiet around here until Friday when I share with you all my favorite Black Friday deals. I am feeling a quietness over my heart that I’m choosing to respect. But here’s what I would love for you to share with us this week….

What friends are you thankful that have stuck it out with you through the good and the bad?

What friends are you thankful for that are new in 2012?

I’ll start in the comments.

Happy Thanksgiving, y’all. Praying this week is full of nearness to people that matter to you, quiet heart moments with God, and that you would be filled to overflowing with thanks.

p5rn7vb

1. posted on Nov 20, 2012 at 4:44 AM  |  reply

I’m really thankful for my two closest girlfriends here in Nashville who have put up with a lot of change and EMOTIONS from me this fall as I walk through this new season of my career.

I’m also SUPER thankful for all the Cross Point College students that have come into my life in 2012. They have been some of the greatest joys in my life this year.

2. Danielle
    posted on Nov 20, 2012 at 6:44 AM  |  reply

I LOVED this post and that video was incredible! The perfect message to share and I so appreciate your heart!

3. posted on Nov 20, 2012 at 8:34 AM  |  reply

That video is amazing! What a wonderful idea.

I have seen firsthand how powerful community is over the past few weeks, as I have been very sick and was in the hospital for a week and was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis. My church family completely rallied around me and my husband and my 20-month-old. I had been going through a season of loneliness and had been begging God for community, and then when I got sick, BAM, there it was, right in front of me. God showed me that He cares for His own and uses His church to be His hands and feet. So I am thankful for my friends Julie, Karie, Kim, Marya, Anna, and so many others who gave up their time to help care for my little girl so my husband could visit me in the hospital, and bring us meals and clean my house and text and call and visit and pray. I would go through it all again just to experience how real and beautiful the body of Christ is.

4. posted on Nov 20, 2012 at 10:09 AM  |  reply

thankful for YOU. and how God has sustained our friendship thru change and craziness. thnx for reposting that video. i loved re-living that day.
    i’m thankful that nashville community, with all its moving parts and while often shifting shape, has such a unique blend of friendships that i will always hold so close to my heart.
    xoxo

5. posted on Nov 20, 2012 at 11:25 AM  |  reply

Today I’m especially thankful for my friend Katherine who makes the time and effort to still have regular coffee dates with me, even though she’s newly married.

6. posted on Nov 20, 2012 at 2:19 PM  |  reply

Thanks for sharing your heart Annie. I too am thankful for the women God has brought into my life this last year. I’m thankful for the hearts of some young women he’s entrusted to me. It’s so incredibly humbling. But my heart is also aching for one friend in particular who is currently trying to walk away from our friendship. Sometimes ministry can be messy and I’m sure in the thick of it. And it hurts. Thanks for the reminder to think about the good ones this week.

7. Tay
    posted on Nov 21, 2012 at 2:20 AM  |  reply

My precious friend, Blair, has been with me through a lot. Even the little things that bother me, she is there. I’ve only known her for a few months, but feels like years. I am thankful.

8. posted on Nov 21, 2012 at 6:55 PM  |  reply

I have this best friend that moved away this year, and I’m incredibly thankful for her. We’ve still kept in touch, but her absence has made me realize just how wonderful she was… what a landing place her family was for our family.
    And I’m in tears now!
    Anyway, happy Thanksgiving, Annie! Hope it’s wonderful for you!

9. posted on Jun 12, 2014 at 9:18 PM  |  reply

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I really appreciate your efforts and I am waiting for your further
    post thanks once again.