Sean. The Bach. Let’s chat.

on January 16, 2013 in Ze Bloggy Goodness with 22 comments by

bach
I love crazy.

You’ve got to love crazy if you love The Bachelor.

And no Sean, I will not accept that rose. [Unless you mean it then duh I totally will and you can whisk me away to Texas and we can live forever and ever amen.]

Ahem.

Let’s say this first: Emily blew it by not picking Sean. I’m fairly certain she has thought that at some point today as well. And yesterday. And she will on Monday night. And etc. Because come on he is wonderful. Just look at his instagram. Underlined Bible verses make me smooch my computer screen.

I mean, they make me WANT to smooch my computer screen.

Ahem.

So far, two episodes in, this season hasn’t offered quite the crazy / insane women experience that we are used to, and I am grateful for that. Most of these girls seem like actual normal gals, besides the fact that they are on The Bachelor.

Here are my favorite gals:

Kacie B. = man, I love this girl. I loved her on Ben’s season, I love her more here. What a brave chick to know Sean, already be friends with him, and still make the call to ask to be on the show. Hilariously, I just realized she’s “Kacie” this season, no need to be “Kacie B.”, but old Bach-names die hard, don’t they?

Desiree = Her name doesn’t fit her, but she is pure adorbs. Their date this week? With that prank and then dinner and then BFF conversation? I was practically offering her a rose on his behalf.

Tierra = I know. She’s supposed to be the bad girl. But listen, after what we had to live through with Courtney, I actually think she’d be kinda nice to be friends with. I may disagree next week when the ambulance apparently comes to get her? I hope she fakes an injury- that would be a new touch.

Lesley = I like that she has a brain and works in DC. I also thought she was so sweet on their group date. She gets two thumbs up for being nervous and yet a wee bit forward.

Here are some thoughts from the first two episodes:

– The wedding gown out of the limo? I didn’t love it, but I respect the creativity.

– This week’s group date was weird. I think the model girl is quickly becoming my least favorite.

– Sean is the cutest, isn’t he?

Ahem.

– I mean, that yoga girl who went home on the group date? Namaste, sister.

– Kacie celebrating / motivating the yoga girl to leave? A little slimy, Kacie. Not your style.

– Girls were much more controlled with their beverage intake at this second rose ceremony, because during that first one? Some of us were not in our best form, were we, ladies?

[Remember that guy who fell asleep at Emily's first rose ceremony? That was awesome.]

– I’m a big fan of the show, but it is going to have to get a little more interesting for me. Truth? The girls and I will still get together every Monday night, don’t worry about that. I just hope there is a little more to chew on in the future.

Lucky for us, there is a medical emergency next week.

. . . . .

Y’all watching The Bach? Let’s talk about it!

zv7qrnb

1. Erin
    posted on Jan 16, 2013 at 8:46 AM  |  reply

I’m so glad you’re writing about this! I liked the D.C. girl (I live in D.C.) but I wasn’t that into her kissing him so much. I actually missed the date with Desiree but I liked her from the start. And I think you will regret your Tierra comments next week, we’ll see!

• posted on Jan 16, 2013 at 11:54 AM  |  reply

I think I will too. But at least she’s entertaining. :) You should go back and watch that date. It’s really sweet.

2. Anne
    posted on Jan 16, 2013 at 8:51 AM  |  reply

I like that they finally got a wider variety of ladies on this show…one from Lebanon, Black women, looks like Indian and Filipino too…The show used to only take on White women to compete for the Bachelor…though given the show’s history, I doubt a minority will be the Leading Lady/Winner.

• posted on Jan 16, 2013 at 11:55 AM  |  reply

Agreed. I like that too. I think they says a lot about Sean.

3. posted on Jan 16, 2013 at 9:52 AM  |  reply

I like Des, Kacie, and Lesley, too! (I don’t agree about Tierra, but we can still be friends)

I thought the whole photo-shoot concept was really strange. I mean, harlequin romance novels? C’mon, Sean! But I LOVED the prank-date. I think all the girls should be tested in a similar fashion.

Do you read Knox McCoy’s recaps? They’re pretty funny (he has a good podcast recap, too): http://www.knoxmccoy.com/category/bachelor-bachelorette/

• posted on Jan 16, 2013 at 11:56 AM  |  reply

Ohhh… I’ve never read that blog. Going now….

4. Erin
    posted on Jan 16, 2013 at 10:24 AM  |  reply

I’m back to share the blog of the yoga instructor who left. She’s precious.

• posted on Jan 16, 2013 at 11:58 AM  |  reply

Her blog seems to be crashing from all the traffic. I’m so impressed you found it!!! :) I’ll check it out ASAP.

5. holly
    posted on Jan 16, 2013 at 10:33 AM  |  reply

i agree with 98% of this post.

i would say in order my favorites so far are kacie b (i too will not drop the b), lacey, and then desiree.

tierra. all “producers want her to be the bad girl”-ness aside…. i just can’t get over how creepy-obsessed her intro video seemed. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBcsvwcey0o

also. as much as i love kacie b, my friends and i are all thinking it might just be a set up to remind people of who she is so she can be the next bachelorette. but i LOVE the idea of her and sean together.

• posted on Jan 16, 2013 at 12:00 PM  |  reply

I wouldn’t hate it if she was the next Bachelorette.

6. posted on Jan 16, 2013 at 11:27 AM  |  reply

The model has been my least favorite since they showed her intro package–I still think she’s much more “Courtney” than Tierra is. I just find Tierra more annoying than anything.

No way is Kacie B. (you have to have the B!) making it much farther, unless, as Holly said, it’s a setup by the producers. Sean looked so uncomfortable during their conversation on the group date–I was sure she was a goner, and then he gives her the group date rose? No way do I believe he didn’t have a little “help” with that decision.

• posted on Jan 16, 2013 at 12:01 PM  |  reply

I think you could be totes right about the model.

I am such a pollyanna about what the producers make them do that I never think of things like them encouraging Sean to give Kacie the rose, but I know it is way more set-up than I want to believe in general. :)

7. Hillary
    posted on Jan 16, 2013 at 11:28 AM  |  reply

I’m typically so anti-bachelor shows… but this has made me want to watch it. Doesn’t seem like the right avenue for a good guy like that to find a decent woman (because let’s face it, you’re right about the crazy). But now I’m going to have to give it a shot. Dangit, Annie!

• posted on Jan 16, 2013 at 12:02 PM  |  reply

Agreed. You aren’t going to find me on the show (as of yet) :), but I do enjoy watching it when the people are nice-ish. Ben’s season? I almost quit The Bach all together because it was such an ugly look at humanity. But so far, Sean’s a better dude.

8. posted on Jan 16, 2013 at 3:59 PM  |  reply

I LOVE LOVE this post. :) My friends and I do a Bachelor Bracket – much like March Madness, where we narrow down the girl options each week until the final one! It’s fun to pick at the beginning of the season and see how your mind changes through the season – but not changing the bracket, that’s part of the fun!

• posted on Jan 16, 2013 at 4:42 PM  |  reply

Oh girl. We did that with Emily’s season, but we’re taking it easy this round. But I LOVE doing that. Who have you picked as the winner? (if you KNOW from a spoiler site, DON’T TELL!) :)

9. posted on Jan 16, 2013 at 4:56 PM  |  reply

The Tierra thing …..I DISAGREE. She’s way too dramAtic for me.

10. posted on Jan 16, 2013 at 5:44 PM  |  reply

LOVE Des. (LOVE that he calls her Des.) She was too cute.
    I also love that he didn’t just give Sarah a pity-rose. I really like what I have seen of her.

11. Olivia Huber
    posted on Jan 16, 2013 at 8:20 PM  |  reply

Annie- thought you might find this funny. It made my mom and I laugh out loud! Oh Sean….he is quite the cutie :)

12. posted on Jan 17, 2013 at 3:16 PM  |  reply

Tierra made your favorites list?
    Say it aint so.

13. Leanna
    posted on Jan 17, 2013 at 3:30 PM  |  reply

I’m so glad Sean is the Bach this season…no need to worry that it will be like Ben’s because that was just horrible.
    I’m totally on the bubble with Tierra though, – can’t quite make out if she’s all good or schemy …we shall see.

I will say it does need to be a bit more interesting, though these 2hr episodes always seem a little long to me. Once they are cut down again is when things seem to always pick up. :)

14. posted on Jan 18, 2013 at 10:04 AM  |  reply

i’m new to this whole thing. I started watching just because it was being filmed in Charlotte. I didn’t even really like Sean on Emily’s season but I’m still sucked in. I hate that but I’m also enjoying it. I do love some train wreck tv! My biggest complaint is that it’s two hours long… why?!?!?! My fav so far is Lesley