Book Clubs!

on January 22, 2014 in Perfectly Unique, Speak Love with 11 comments by

bookclub

So here’s a fun idea.

Let’s read Perfectly Unique and/or Speak Love together!

Watch the video below for more details!

So…. to sum it up:

–> There will be two online book clubs this spring that run from February 6-May 1.

–> Each week, I will send a video out to each book club (one for Perfectly Uniquers and one for Speak Lovelies) with discussion questions. There will also be a secret Facebook group for each book club.

(PS- if you aren’t on Facebook, no biggie. You can still join the book clubs!)

–> The first 20 gals who join each group will get a Skype date with me sometime in June to discuss the book they read, what we learned, and to answer any questions.

HERE IS THE FORM YOU MUST FILL OUT.

–> Only the first fifty girls who sign up for each group will be able to participate this semester.

Why are we doing this?

Because a lot of girls got one of these books for Christmas and may just want some friends to read with. Because you may be looking for a group of gals to talk to about life. Because you may think it is cool to read the same book as a girl across the country or across the world and get to talk about it.

Also? We just think it will be really fun to get to know 100 girls this semester, mail them cool stuff, and see what God does in our hearts and lives!

So if you are interested, join us! If you know a young woman who would be interested, will you share? If you gave someone a copy of Speak Love or Perfectly Unique for Christmas, this could be a cool thing to let them know about!

1. posted on Jan 22, 2014 at 7:04 AM  |  reply

I’ve sent an email with a link to all my friends with youth girls!

• posted on Jan 22, 2014 at 10:21 AM  |  reply

Thanks, friend! :)

2. Ginny
    posted on Jan 22, 2014 at 7:56 AM  |  reply

That sounds like a lot of fun!!! And I just got Speak Love for Christmas but I don’t do Facebook. Can I still do it?

• posted on Jan 22, 2014 at 9:19 AM  |  reply

Hi Ginny! No biggie if you aren’t on Facebook. You can still be a part!

• Ginny
        posted on Jan 22, 2014 at 3:53 PM  |  reply

Great!!! Thanks. I am super excited.

3. Tiffany
    posted on Jan 22, 2014 at 11:58 AM  |  reply

Love this idea…sounds great! Looking forward to it…wish I could do both clubs!! :)

• posted on Jan 22, 2014 at 8:19 PM  |  reply

Maybe one this semester and the other in the fall? :)

4. Hannah
    posted on Jan 22, 2014 at 7:50 PM  |  reply

Hi Annie!
    I just have one question. How do we know if we got in? I really want to do this, but I wasn’t able to fill out the form until about an hour ago.
    Thanks!
    Hannah :)

• posted on Jan 22, 2014 at 8:20 PM  |  reply

Hi Hannah! Well, we’re gonna let everyone do it on some level because we’ve had such a big response. So at the very least, you’ll get the videos and questions emailed to you every Thursday. We’re still figuring out how to do the Facebook groups since there are more that 100 girls signed up already. Soooo. Give us the weekend to figure that out. :) And we’ll be emailing you next week sometime with details! :)

• Heather
        posted on Jan 25, 2014 at 3:53 PM  |  reply

I’ve signed up now that I see there is a nice age range (I didn’t want to be the only adult in the group :-). I’m not on Facebook – but really just interested in the videos and questions.

Good luck figuring out the details. I’m sure whatever you decide will be great!

5. Caryn Freed
    posted on Jun 09, 2014 at 7:53 PM  |  reply

Annie, I am starting a Perfectly Unique study this Friday. Is there a way I can access the videos you made? I am thinking of doing something like this for the girls who can’t make it to the study.