My favorite season.

on August 10, 2007 in Ze Bloggy Goodness with 8 comments by

If you don’t like football, don’t keep reading.

Did y’all know that Wade Phillips was the new head coach in Dallas? Though I loved Jim Mora, I don’t necessarily believe that the Falcons made the best choice when they let Wade go.

I just sat down and started flipping channels and heard a familiar soothing voice. Oh Joe Buck. You love to talk football on NFL on FOX. And it was then that I realized.

Today is August 9th.

Tomorrow is August 10th.

The first pre-season game for YOUR ATLANTA FALCONS.

Though I am exciting about the Georgia Bulldogs kicking it off with Oklahoma State on Sept. 1st, I have a special soft-spot in my heart for those ATL fellas. I fully understand that their performance has been completely subpar since the 1998 season, but I still perk up every year thinking, “This is the one. I can tell.” And every year I whine because they lose games that they shouldn’t. But so help me, I love ’em anyways.

Don’t get me started on the team leader, Michael Vick. I’ve never been a huge fan, so I have no good things to say about him. But I do adore Keith Brooking. And I loved Patrick Kerney, but he is now a Seattle Seahawk. Tragic loss. Goodbye #97.

So I’m sitting here watching the Cowboys and the Colts, then during a commercial I do a little channel switch and WHAMMY- David Beckham and the LA Galaxy. What have I do to receive such a gift? American football and American soccer on TV at the same time? It’s so good, it’s not even right.

Hello, Fall. You are my favorite season. Welcome back. Now, could you cool off a bit? Thanks.

1. brad
    posted on Aug 10, 2007 at 12:36 PM  |  reply

Annie, so sorry your boy Patrick Kerney is no longer with the dirty birds. He was my favorite falcon. I know we both loved his muscular arms, but it was his piercing eyes that really did me in.

You need to come to the house and watch the Dawgs play anybody with me and Levi and Quinn. They have been baptized and are progressing nicely in their Dawgly pursuits.

Word verification time!

2. h.
    posted on Aug 10, 2007 at 3:59 PM  |  reply

like brad, i cant stand your word verification either!

i’ve been getting equally pumped for some football.. but you know i root for them tigers!!!!! the other night i started watching old AU highlights on youtube.

it was rough in toronto last fall with no one who appreciated the great fall football season, so i’m thankful to be back around the fever, even if our teams are rivals.

dang it! and i just failed the word verfication and had to come back.. aggghhghghg. it would be nice if they were atleast actual words not jibberish.

3. carolineb
    posted on Aug 10, 2007 at 6:45 PM  |  reply

i disobeyed and kept reading. i’ll be in charge of tailgating in the cul-de-sac as i have my own cornhole set.

my word veri was ygsec…sec…get it?! i do know something about feetball.

4. Annie
    posted on Aug 10, 2007 at 9:25 PM  |  reply

Brad- the arms. The eyes. all of it- Kerney rules.

Ok, does NO ONE remember when H got hit by the blog spam? Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you figured out the word verification.

CBed- we love to party at the 420.

5. Aaron
    posted on Aug 11, 2007 at 4:20 AM  |  reply

my fav. post so far. i mean for real, you make female #5 i know that loves the fall because of football.
    NICE!!!

6. ManUtd17
    posted on Aug 11, 2007 at 5:03 PM  |  reply

Our Falcons tix arrived in the mail yesterday. This will be year 5 in the upper deck end zone for us. The marketing dep’t wisely left Vick’s photo off the tix. I have a Kerney jersey, so I am disappointed in its apparent irrelevance now as well as his departure.

Today is also the opening day for the English Premier League. ManU plays on Sunday. Another championship awaits!

I’ll forego the obligatory pro-Gators comment. There will be plenty of time for that!

[I can’t “enter the letters as they appear” because my keyboard doesn’t allow me to type letters all crooked like that!!!]

7. Annie
    posted on Aug 11, 2007 at 7:09 PM  |  reply

Aaron- thanks.

Bill- did you say season tickets? I knew I liked you. And can we watch English league on our TVs? What channel?

8. ManUtd17
    posted on Aug 12, 2007 at 12:09 AM  |  reply

I did say season tix.

You can watch EPL on Fox Soccer Channel, and on DirecTV, you can watch it on Setanta Sports.

DirecTV rules!

We originally purchased DirecTV so we could get the NFL Ticket so Jen could watch her beloved Washington Redskins all the time. As I type, I am Tivo-ing an exhibition Redskins game on the NFL Network so Jen can watch it later. The crazy thing is not that Jen likes watching NFL football, it’s that she prefers the NFL to college. I think I could get our marriage annulled for such blasphemy were I so inclined. But I am not. Who divorces a woman who approves the purchase of satellite TV?!?!?!?!?!