Exposed.

on February 2, 2010 in Get Fit with 86 comments by

Be ye not concerned. Tomorrow you shall receive a full, detailed, photos-included recap of my time in LA including, but not limited to, THE GRAMMYS.

[Preview: It. Was. Awesome.]

But first. Something important and serious and personal.

My weight.

Even now, my stomach hurts and I’m hating this post. In fact, I just rolled my eyes and said, “hating this post” out loud as I typed it. [Totally a Kathleen Kelly/You’ve Got Mail thing to do.]

But you are my people. The handful of you friends that show up here every day deserve to know what is going on. And truth be told, I feel like this is a big part of what God is doing in this next season of my life. So, here’s the story:

I saw a commercial a few weeks ago about the Subway Get Fit Challenge. Many local NBC affiliates are hosting it in their town. Including Nashville. It’s like a local Biggest Loser- 10 finalists, all weighing on TV, working out, eating right, being interviewed through the whole process. The contest ends in May.

In some stroke of insanity, I applied. They would be taking 10 finalists but hundreds would apply.

I made the top 15. And because I love you and I love God, I’m not going to repeat what I said right when I found out. Because shock makes people utter things that they normally would not utter. Forgive me.

I’m not going to go into the details of the emotional roller coaster that was the next few days. It involved telling some people. Doing an interview at Channel 4. Then waiting four days to see if I made the cut to the top 10.

I did.

And today, we aren’t going to talk about the emotional heart side of things. Bear with me. I just can’t. It’s really hard.

But, instead, I will give you some instructions. Because HELLO I AM ON TELEVISION AND IF I CAN FORGET THE WEIGHT PART I AM THRILLED.

Across the top of this page is a ANNIE GETS FIT tab (if not now, soon, I promise!). That will remain here throughout the contest. That will link you directly to my personal page on the WSMV site. There you will see some facts about me [which please, don’t bring up. Seriously. I know in my head that you can all see my weight on that page, but I’m pretending like you can’t. Maybe that’s crazy. I don’t care.] You will also see a new blog video every Friday and a new blog post once a week.

Also, here’s the main website so you can see my competitors. They are all great. For realz.

Here’s what you may want to do: subscribe to the ANNIE GETS FIT blog. Leave comments there or here or anywhere. I get ’em all.

Also, for your viewing pleasure- HERE is the first segment that ran on Nashville TV. My friends in Nash? They are amazing.

There’s a lot to say about all of this. A whole whole lot. I’m grateful that I got picked because I’m excited about this journey. And terrified. And embarrassed. And honored. That’s a mess of emotion that we’ll unpack in the future.

But here’s the thing I need from you: just. pray. Pray I don’t quit. Pray I honor God. Pray I work hard. Pray that when this is all said and done, that no matter what the scale says, God will have received the glory. ALL the glory. This isn’t just about me. As Donald Miller says, this is a story about the forest and I am just a tree.

A chubby tree. πŸ™‚ For now.

[I know this post is long. Sorry. But this is a huge deal for me and I just needed to type it all out. Forgive me and check out the links. Thanks.]

1. posted on Feb 02, 2010 at 5:07 AM  |  reply

Awesome Annie! Loved the testimony on the video. It will be great to watch you through this journey. (What crazy-interesting things God brings your way!)

2. posted on Feb 02, 2010 at 7:43 AM  |  reply

GOOD LUCK, girl! You are awesome, and you’ll do great! I’ll be rooting for you down here in Atlanta! (Too many exclamation points, sorry.)

3. posted on Feb 02, 2010 at 8:01 AM  |  reply

Annie, this might sound totally weird, but as I was reading your post the thought that kept going through my head is “Wow! I’m so proud of her!” I know, i don’t know you, but your bravery and openness are awesome. And of course that you are finding yet another way to live out your testimony is wonderful in itself. You’ll be great!

4. posted on Feb 02, 2010 at 8:18 AM  |  reply

And because its a huge deal for you, I will pray. I’m so proud of you. It takes bravery to reveal everything for all the world to see. You are one brave lady. But I think we all knew that already.

Oh and after seeing the video of your Nash friends seeing you on TV I have to say I did see you!

5. posted on Feb 02, 2010 at 8:19 AM  |  reply

So excited for you, Annie!! Thanks for sharing with us. I was actually think about vlogging the weight loss journey I’ve been on since the beginning of January, but hello, haven’t lost hardly any.:o( You’ll be a great encouragement to a lot of people and I’ll be rooting/praying for you! I turn forty in July, so I am on a countdown, too.

6. gulley
    posted on Feb 02, 2010 at 8:40 AM  |  reply

You are so brave! Supporting you in San Antonio!!!

7. posted on Feb 02, 2010 at 8:52 AM  |  reply

Soo proud of you for doing this πŸ™‚ and you’re going to be great on tv! yay! (and I cant wait to see pictures from the grammys)

8. posted on Feb 02, 2010 at 8:53 AM  |  reply

Annie, you are so cool. Serious. And I’m excited to be a new friend and pray for you through this. God will totally be glorified, no doubt. I’m praying He helps you be faithful to what He’s called you to do.

9. posted on Feb 02, 2010 at 8:54 AM  |  reply

I’m super proud and impressed! And, if you ever want to swap weight loss stories (especially very public weight loss stories), I’m your gal. Seriously.

Also (because I’m so excited and had to write this before I clicked through all the links above), if there’s anyway I can help from afar, let me know. So excited and proud of you!

10. posted on Feb 02, 2010 at 9:20 AM  |  reply

You rock.

That is all.

11. Lindsey
    posted on Feb 02, 2010 at 9:24 AM  |  reply

Annie,
    You don’t know me and I generally am not a blog commenter (I don’t want to be the creepy blog-stalker type…but lo and behod :-)Anywho, as someone who is gonna be 30 this year and for whom weight has been a lifelong challenge, I wanted to encourage you and tell you how incredibly God honoring I think what you are doing is. I have felt so convicted this year to just grow up and realize that I was bought at a huge price and I need to act like that is the case. Being authentic and real and transparent and all of those things is HARD but so GOOD and I know that it is pleasing to God. I will be cheering you on and laboring alongside you!

12. Amy
    posted on Feb 02, 2010 at 9:26 AM  |  reply

Get it, girl!

You are so brave! I will be praying for you, Annie. Just remember, you are such a beautiful person inside and out. Take each day one at a time. You can do this! Jesus will be holding your hand the whole way.

13. Lindsey
    posted on Feb 02, 2010 at 9:26 AM  |  reply

…and by the way, I have the whole PCOS, insulin resistance, pre-diabetic smorgasbord of which you speak, so I know the challenges of running in what feels like quicksand sometime.

14. posted on Feb 02, 2010 at 9:31 AM  |  reply

Yay, Annie! I’m cheering you on (and hopefully will pick up some of your wisdom on this journey!) You can do it! PS. The Grammy twitpic was gorgeous!!!

15. posted on Feb 02, 2010 at 9:33 AM  |  reply

OK … I cried. Almost everything you said, I can relate to. Especially the doing everything big statements. I am a tall girl but have NEVER been lanky. In fact, Im certain I have weighed under 200 pounds but I honestly dont remember it. A week after my daddy died in ’08, I was diagnosed with diabetes. Not a shocker when my diet consisted of almost a box of Little Debbie cakes a day. I was close to 300 pounds and felt horrible all the time. I got on my knees and asked for God to help me cause I knew I couldnt do it by myself. I got “religious” about my eating and watched my sugar and carbs intake. Less than a year later, Id lost almost 70 pounds. I was doing really well until the holidays this year and Ive managed to get off kilter and cant seem to get back. Ive gotta get determined again – cause I feel so much better! Weight is honestly just a number to me but my goal is to weigh at least 195 eventually. Ive got about 20 or so pounds to go. Anyway, sorry for rambling on and on about me! It just helps me to know Im not alone! Please know you will be in my thoughts and prayers – and I will be watching your transformation!! Try to have fun with it!! Thats the thing I did!

16. posted on Feb 02, 2010 at 9:39 AM  |  reply

I can’t say anything better than what all of these people have already said. So so brave and crazy-awesome the opportunities God gives you to live and shine for Him! πŸ™‚ Praying and rooting for you! πŸ™‚

And I’m pretty sure that second sentence is totally grammatically incorrect. πŸ˜‰

17. Rebekah Nysewander
    posted on Feb 02, 2010 at 10:02 AM  |  reply

I’m so proud of you. I think facing our fears is massively difficult… facing them in front of millions of people, insane. I love you, I love who you are. I have bookmarked your subway page so we can keep up with you:) Come home and see us… we are a family of 5 now, that deserves a visit! Miss you!

18. posted on Feb 02, 2010 at 10:06 AM  |  reply

So, so SO proud of you, Annie. Okay, I’m shedding a few tears. It’s going to be a beautiful thing, and I’m glad you’re letting us go along for the journey. Everyone who follows along with you will be blessed by you!

19. Barbalicious
    posted on Feb 02, 2010 at 10:09 AM  |  reply

I am major proud of you and praying for you. I wish I had half your courage and I can’t wait to see what God does through this. You are so loved and so beautiful!!!

20. posted on Feb 02, 2010 at 10:10 AM  |  reply

ANNIE!!! You are so brave! (And well-spoken. Your interview was very articulate and moving.) As a “big girl,” I am now sitting here crying, because I can identify with all the words you’ve written and spoken. Too well, really. I think it is AWESOME that you’re doing this, and I will definitely pray for your journey!!

21. Haley
    posted on Feb 02, 2010 at 10:26 AM  |  reply

proud

22. posted on Feb 02, 2010 at 10:55 AM  |  reply

SO excited for you, this is awesome! GO ANNIE!

23. Dani
    posted on Feb 02, 2010 at 11:00 AM  |  reply

Annie, I’ve been a long time reader of yours but never a commentor. While most everything you write puts a smile on my face, today i had to tell you how big my smile actually is. Your crazy-awesome-bravery is way inspiring and such a great testimony to your faith that God is truly at work in your life in so many different ways.I’m so excited for you during this season of your life and pray for your persistance.

24. posted on Feb 02, 2010 at 11:14 AM  |  reply

Annie – so Proud of you. Enjoy every moment of it! Seriously – enjoy it!!

25. posted on Feb 02, 2010 at 11:32 AM  |  reply

This is so awesome, Annie. I’m in awe of your bravery because I’m not sure that I could do it. My weight is getting to be a problem and my mom’s not letting me forget that. Even when she’s 300 miles away. Ha. My prayers are with you. Go ‘head, girl. Do yo’ thang!

26. Alana
    posted on Feb 02, 2010 at 11:45 AM  |  reply

Oh girl! I am so proud, excited, nervous for you! I know its going to be hard… but you are awesome and totally capable. I am struggling with weight problems too. I just this weekend had a conversation with my mom, who I have always viewed as overweight, and found out how much she weights. And. guess. what.? She weighs 25 pounds LESS than I do… wake up call!! I am working on being healthier too! We will journey together my bloggy friend!

27. posted on Feb 02, 2010 at 12:00 PM  |  reply

I am SO, SO PROUD of you. You will be great and you have a moderately sized fan base in San Antonio that will be praying for you.

28. posted on Feb 02, 2010 at 12:11 PM  |  reply

Annie, you are awesome! I’m so proud that you are willing to take this step so publically. I struggle with my weight too and don’t think I could do this.

Praying for you girl. I know God will be honored through you and through this. Cuz that’s how you roll!

Can’t wait to see what Grammy dress you get for next year! πŸ™‚

Love ya,
    Kelly

29. posted on Feb 02, 2010 at 12:17 PM  |  reply

you’re awesome! I would never be able to do this. way to step out there and be brave…I mean that alone has to glorify God right?

30. Travis
    posted on Feb 02, 2010 at 12:23 PM  |  reply

You’re going to do awesome. Your honesty and willingness to tackle the hard things makes me very proud. I’ll be praying for you.
    Also, do you get free Subway for doing this. If so, you are genius.
    Travis

31. posted on Feb 02, 2010 at 12:31 PM  |  reply

Yay for you! This is so cool, and I know that you’ll do great! What a fun experience!!!

By the way, after SEEING YOU ON TV ON SUNDAY, I told my husband that if there’s one thing he does for me in his entire life, I wasnt him to make it to the grammys, cause I want to go! πŸ™‚

32. Lauren Fortney
    posted on Feb 02, 2010 at 12:44 PM  |  reply

you are awesome!!!

33. Emily
    posted on Feb 02, 2010 at 12:53 PM  |  reply

Annie, I don’t know you, but I’m a new reader of your blog. I’m honestly not quite sure how I found you, but maybe Mocha Club .. and a mutual friend- anyway … I just wanted to say THANK YOU for this post. As a similarly aged single gal who’s struggled with her weight for 20 years too, I’ve recently started my own weight loss journey. Not a 2010 resolution (I like to think of it as a LIFE-olution), but it did start at the new year. Thank you for your honesty and transparency and encouragement. I look forward to going on this journey with you!!!

34. posted on Feb 02, 2010 at 1:24 PM  |  reply

I’m so excited for you! I can’t wait to see your progress. I’ll definitely be cheering you on from the sidelines.

35. Face
    posted on Feb 02, 2010 at 1:39 PM  |  reply

All I’ve been able to think as I read this post is, “I love you so much, Annie Downs.”

36. posted on Feb 02, 2010 at 2:04 PM  |  reply

Annie,

Seriously your amazing. Praying and cheering for you. πŸ™‚

37. posted on Feb 02, 2010 at 2:05 PM  |  reply

As my sisters and I like to say, “You can do it. I KNOW you can do it.” We got that from a Richard Simmons cassette tape that my mom used to work out to back in the 80’s. I’m so excited for you and I know that you will do well.

38. posted on Feb 02, 2010 at 3:40 PM  |  reply

How exciting! Good luck, Annie!

Cxx

39. posted on Feb 02, 2010 at 3:40 PM  |  reply

I lost weight with Subway even before Jared did! The summer after my first year in college, I ate a bagel for breakfast, a 6 inch sub every day for lunch,and whatever my mom cooked for dinner. I lost 10 punds that summer and would have lost more had I not gone back to school and the lousy dining hall food.

The point is, you can do it!!! I’m rooting for you!

40. posted on Feb 02, 2010 at 3:47 PM  |  reply

there are no words for how much I respect & envy your willingness to 1. take this huge step to do something hard (not just physically, but i totally get & feel daily the emotional hardness of something like this!)
    2. to blog about it & do it in PUBLIC.

YOU ARE AWESOME!!! thank you for “going first”… you’re going to inspire many!!

41. Laurie
    posted on Feb 02, 2010 at 3:50 PM  |  reply

What a super opportunity! Praying for you in Loganville, GA

42. posted on Feb 02, 2010 at 3:51 PM  |  reply

unbelievable. I’m really proud of you and will commit to praying for your journey. I have been there and in many ways am still there. I’m turning 30 in October and have some fitness goals myself. Go get ’em girl. Glad you had fun in California. It is a great place to be πŸ™‚

43. posted on Feb 02, 2010 at 3:53 PM  |  reply

Go Annie, GO! I am so excited and proud of you and am with you all the way and you are inspiring, really!!

44. posted on Feb 02, 2010 at 3:56 PM  |  reply

you will do WONDERFULLY. i am so very proud of you, annie. love

45. Andrea
    posted on Feb 02, 2010 at 4:00 PM  |  reply

You are so brave. I may not have a website with my weight on it, but I will try to be on this journey right along with you.

46. Face
    posted on Feb 02, 2010 at 4:01 PM  |  reply

Just watched the video– loved to see the FM– now I can imagine you working there!

47. posted on Feb 02, 2010 at 4:11 PM  |  reply

I love you. That’s all.

48. posted on Feb 02, 2010 at 4:14 PM  |  reply

Way to go! I’m excited for this new journey you’re taking and all that God will bring about from it πŸ™‚

49. posted on Feb 02, 2010 at 4:17 PM  |  reply

Annie!! This is SO COOL!! I loved your video!! you are amazing and I love all the neat stuff happening in your life!! You will do great! Go girly go!! Whoo hoo!!

50. posted on Feb 02, 2010 at 4:24 PM  |  reply

annie – you are so endearing it is ridiculous. i have been saying for weeks i would join a gym, i havent. now im motivated. i am proud of you and inspired by you. you are going to rock this and you are going to do great. you have so many people surrounding you on every side, and most importantly the Lord – and you can do ANYTHING with Him. I cant wait to partner with you on this journey. I cant wait until we are both skinny trees in this great big forest.

go get ’em!

51. posted on Feb 02, 2010 at 4:28 PM  |  reply

First, you taught me to fold a fitted sheet. Then, I learned you hang with Lady A. Now, this. As if you weren’t already a rock star in my book, this totally confirms it. Congrats on your bravery in undertaking this challenge. I’m on a similar path (and a similar pants size) in Arkansas. Maybe keeping up with your journey will keep me accountable. Rock On!

52. posted on Feb 02, 2010 at 4:28 PM  |  reply

So freakin’ proud of you!

53. posted on Feb 02, 2010 at 4:45 PM  |  reply

Don’t be embarrassed! This is great!

54. posted on Feb 02, 2010 at 4:47 PM  |  reply

SO excited for you and proud of your commitment! This is going to be such an exciting, and frustrating, journey. But i have no doubt that the Lord will get you through it!

55. shireen eldirdge
    posted on Feb 02, 2010 at 4:51 PM  |  reply

First of all let me point out that you have more than a “handful of friends” LOOK AT ALL THE LOVE! That is awesome. I am so proud of you and will be praying for you…and I MEAN IT! You are amazing…I was bragging about how I know you and you were at the grammys and then I found myself telling friends here in Omaha about how funny, talented, and wonderful woman of God you are. I love you Annie and am so glad I get to continue to do this journey of life with you even miles away through the internet.

56. Kristi Kay
    posted on Feb 02, 2010 at 5:08 PM  |  reply

Oh my gosh…YOU ARE MY HERO. You can do it, Annie! I loved your goals…praying that God will help you to them.

57. margaret Kirkland
    posted on Feb 02, 2010 at 5:13 PM  |  reply

I am so very proud of you, Annie! This will be a wild, fun ride but we are all hanging in there with you – praying, crying, laughing, all the life stuff!!! The Body is for your new, healthy body!!! God is pleased and excited for too, I’m sure! A proud Papa!!!
    Love you!!!

58. posted on Feb 02, 2010 at 5:26 PM  |  reply

I’m SO proud! And amazed at your boldness. God will bless you, I just know it!

59. annemarie
    posted on Feb 02, 2010 at 5:30 PM  |  reply

I am on TEAM ANNIE!!!

But seriously I am so proud of you for taking on this challenge and I don’t even know you (except through bloggieland, of course!). I am pulling for you and will pray for you through this process! I am a huge fan of your blog. You are very talented person indeed!

60. posted on Feb 02, 2010 at 6:04 PM  |  reply

Annie = Awesome!!!

I am really so very proud of you and will definitely be praying for you! As a person who has also struggled with weight issues all my life, I can only imagine what all you heart and mind is going through as you take on this new adventure!

But I think this is justt amazing, and God is ALREADY getting the glory. I can’t wait to see how He works through you in these coming months!

Love, Jenna

61. posted on Feb 02, 2010 at 6:10 PM  |  reply

Annie. [I’m pretty sure] You’re the boldest, coolest, most authentic person I know. I admire you. Daily.

Love you. Come in April.

Jules

62. posted on Feb 02, 2010 at 6:11 PM  |  reply

I love this. Truly I do. And the Kathleen Kelly thing made me laugh out loud.

63. mary beth
    posted on Feb 02, 2010 at 6:15 PM  |  reply

As if you weren’t the coolest already… This tops em all! Don’t you dare be embarassed! Embrace this and run like mad towards your goal and have a blast doing it and inspiring everyone else along the way. I love reality TV now my very own celeb to watch. Love you MB

64. posted on Feb 02, 2010 at 6:20 PM  |  reply

I just commented at your new blog. You are just so dang inspiring to me. Thank you for being so real.

65. posted on Feb 02, 2010 at 6:25 PM  |  reply

So proud of you!! You looked beautiful at the Grammys! I pushed rewind and pause when you were on TV so that Russ could see you! So exciting!

66. posted on Feb 02, 2010 at 6:38 PM  |  reply

Annie, you rock. I predict your authenticity will endear many people to you AND to your God.

We’ll be cheering you on!

67. posted on Feb 02, 2010 at 7:23 PM  |  reply

LOVE YOU ANNIE. You are amazing for doing this, and to hear you talk about it echoes so many things I think about myself. You are loved and you have tons of support thru this. πŸ™‚

PS. Just renewed my Y membership too. You could have had something to do w/ my motivation.

68. Heidi S
    posted on Feb 02, 2010 at 7:54 PM  |  reply

You are such an inspiration Annie! I completely love your transparency and your willingness to take this huge step in public! You have so many people that are supporting you. πŸ™‚

I will be praying for you as God brings you through this process and works internally in you during this season.

69. posted on Feb 02, 2010 at 8:08 PM  |  reply

Hi, I’m delurking to say that I love your video and was so touched by it. I’lll be praying for you and cheering you on.

70. posted on Feb 02, 2010 at 8:13 PM  |  reply

Yay Annie!!! I’m so excited for you. That news clip was fantastic and I can’t wait to cheer you on. And to hug you in Nashville on Thursday. YIPPEE!!!!

71. Jessica
    posted on Feb 02, 2010 at 8:31 PM  |  reply

Annie–You are amazingly courageous, and the Lord will honor you for that. Thanks for being an example for all.

72. Lindy Jones
    posted on Feb 02, 2010 at 8:47 PM  |  reply

Annie,
    So proud of you girl… I will be praying for you and am so excited for you. This is an incredible opportunity to have the accountability I crave daily. Marietta is cheering you on!
    Love
    Lindy

73. Shana Owen
    posted on Feb 02, 2010 at 9:26 PM  |  reply

I love you, Annie Downs. What an amazing 2010 you have had so far!
    Love, Shana

74. Kaye
    posted on Feb 02, 2010 at 9:42 PM  |  reply

This is so exciting. God is doing something special for you, Annie… giving you the outside look of health to match the inside health! I love it! You go, girl!

75. caren
    posted on Feb 02, 2010 at 10:19 PM  |  reply

loved the kathleen kelly shout out!
    loved even more getting to actually talk to you and know that you’re alive in real life, not just cyber world! (that’s also a you’ve got mail thing, I don’t just usually throw out the cyber word!)
    this is awesome annie! I’m super proud of you! way to step out and fully find your worth in the Lord- no matter what the scales say or who sees what the scales say!
    You’re incredible!

76. jennifer
    posted on Feb 02, 2010 at 10:42 PM  |  reply

All day, I have had you on my mind. I read your post early this morning and was so very moved. First of all, you know I think you are amazing. You are on my few “lump in the throat” people…meaning you have touched a special place in me that gives me a lump in the throat when I think of you. High honor in my little book. What you have meant to my Laura, you will probably never fully understand. You exhibit to her how to be brave and dream big dreams and believe that God wants to fulfill those big dreams. (Quite frankly, you have taught her mom the same thing.)There is so much I admire about you, mostly your out loud love for Jesus. I have thought of you all day and prayed for you. I am praying for courage and perseverance, and peace and great joy…I know, I know, you already have those things oozing but a little more is never bad. Love you so much… love sitting in the Annie Downs cheering section. We’ve got reserved seats… Hugs sweet one!

77. posted on Feb 02, 2010 at 10:58 PM  |  reply

Whoa… way to go Annie!!!

78. sara beth
    posted on Feb 02, 2010 at 11:39 PM  |  reply

YOU. are. awesome.

79. posted on Feb 03, 2010 at 12:09 AM  |  reply

I think this is awesome Annie. A neat challenge and oh to see what God does through this πŸ™‚

I think you ROCK.

80. posted on Feb 03, 2010 at 1:12 AM  |  reply

Praying for you and proud of you! You are awesome and I know that the added pressure of being on tv is going to make this a bigger challenge- but maybe one with a bigger payoff!
    You’ll be happy to know that I am a real friend who watched the video, but didn’t click over the check your weight. Because I’m pretty sensitive about the whole deal MYSELF. Anywho, you have some super kind friends there in Nash- even the one guy who has an ear problem and called you big and loud. Yes. Tight friends there. *snort*
    Kidding, of course. All were adorable and you did a FANTASTIC job on TV of portraying yourself- totally relatable.
    My, how I can ramble.
    OK- see you THURSDAY!!!!

81. ali
    posted on Feb 03, 2010 at 9:04 AM  |  reply

Why am I crying? Seriously, I hardly know you yet I’m so proud of you that I’m moved to tears. Dangit.

And I so want to be like you when I grow up! You have courage to do something that I know I need to do. Confront the demons that rear themselves in the form of added weight. Seriously, Annie, you are freakin’ amazing.

82. posted on Feb 03, 2010 at 9:14 AM  |  reply

You go, Annie! I read this and started crying. Guess it’s because I’m so excited for you. Proud of you for doing this…so excited that you are letting us watch along with you. Cheering you on from down here in Alabama!!

83. ashley Eicher
    posted on Feb 03, 2010 at 10:52 AM  |  reply

girl!!!!! I am so excited for and SOOOO uber (is that a real description) proud of you!! And I’m crying. Thank you for your honesty and for just being so raw and vulnerable. I am so inspired by you (well that’s always but especially today) and excited to see where this journey takes emotionally and mentally – and physically. God is doing a mighty work sister and I’m trilled to be a small part of the ride. xoxo

84. posted on Feb 03, 2010 at 11:27 AM  |  reply

annie!!! i’m so excited for you!!! and i’m so proud of you! you are just hands down one of the absolute coolest people i know. and funniest. and there’s no doubt God is working through you and has orchestrated this opportunity for you. i was reading your blog (the other one) at work and laughing out loud. i laugh out loud at this one too, but my point is: people are gonna be reading that one because of the exposure in nashville and be drawn to you and therefore be drawn to Jesus. i know that is your heart’s desire. i’m honestly just really excited to know you and to be able to watch (from afar=() this journey of yours=) GO ANNIE GO!

85. posted on Feb 03, 2010 at 11:35 AM  |  reply

YAY for YOU! This is awesome, Annie! What a big commitment! I know you’ll do great and bring God all kindsa glory. Go, girl!!!

86. posted on Feb 04, 2010 at 12:45 AM  |  reply

So stinking proud of you sweet girl!