A bad case of the [thankful] Mondays.

on March 15, 2010 in (in)courage, AnnieWrites with 17 comments by

It was that kind of weekend. The kind of weekend that you put up on a shelf and stare at for a little bit, and then say to yourself, “that was a keeper.”

I told you last week that one of my Nash-BFFs Betsy was in town. She moved away after Christmas and was here for a bit. She kinda just makes Nashville balance for me, so it was a gift for her to be here five days. [She also isn’t easily impressed by my stories or humor, so she keeps me humble.]

Also, my friend Drew was in town from Washington, which ruled. It never stops amazing me how God decides which friendships stick in life. Drew is funny and normal [and a magician, so, who doesn’t want a magician in their life?] and when all our friends stood around chatting before dinner Sunday night, he fit like he had always been here.

I’m grateful for pretty weather, Johnny Depp movies in the theater, Baja Burrito, the Get Fit Challenge pushing all my buttons, girlfriends who sit at Frothy Monkey and quote text messages from boys, dinner conversations and vacation planning, daylight savings which leads to longer days, and a God who loves me enough to call me to a new city and then bless me extravagantly once I am there.

Also.

I’m grateful that God consistently takes the hardest experiences of my life and turns them into beauty. He tells a better story with my life than I could ever write. This particular experience won’t ever get a lot of airtime, but I really felt led to share part of the story over at (in)courage today. Check it out if you have time.

Also.

I’m thankful that we have OUR WINNERS over at the giveaway page. If you didn’t *exactly* win, you can grab your own copy of the best new music out there from Dave’s website and Matt’s website.

I’m super excited to see Annie Parsons today. That’s what I’m talking about, Monday. Way to step up after such a solid weekend.

What better way to start off the week than to share what makes us glad. So I wonder, would you share one thing about your weekend that has you feeling thankful this Monday morning?

1. posted on Mar 15, 2010 at 6:46 AM  |  reply

Sure I will. I love how God showed up in my women’s Sunday school class. And how our pastor preached the exact same thing we were studying there. After a particularly hard struggle God gave me such a beautiful illustration of His love and sacrifice.

I’m thankful for bloggy friends who give me such encouragement through their words. Thanks friend.

2. Mama Downs
    posted on Mar 15, 2010 at 6:48 AM  |  reply

Having Annie for a daughter (and Tatum and Sally)—-one blessed mama!

3. ali
    posted on Mar 15, 2010 at 6:52 AM  |  reply

A fantastic message on solitude delivered yesterday by our Pastor. Had me jumpin’ out of bed this morning for quiet time. (Okay, so I didn’t quite jump . . . I might have contemplated dozing back to sleep for just a few minutes . . . but my son was already up and I knew there was coffee in my future, so I eventually rolled out of bed and spent some time with God. And I’m so glad that I did.)

4. posted on Mar 15, 2010 at 7:27 AM  |  reply

I am thankful this morning that I took the time to read your blog…and that I jumped over to (in)courage to read the story you shared. Needed that and loved it. Love you.

5. posted on Mar 15, 2010 at 7:49 AM  |  reply

Great post over at InCourage today! Thank you for sharing. You have a powerful way of writing. Keep it up.

6. Amy
    posted on Mar 15, 2010 at 8:00 AM  |  reply

I am thankful that I made the tough (but right) decision to ground my oldest daughter (17) for her entire Spring Break. I struggled with giving in to her, even though I know that it is best for her to see me stand my ground and follow through. I am thankful that she got grounded for not keeping her room and bathroom clean instead of something much worse.

7. posted on Mar 15, 2010 at 8:28 AM  |  reply

I’m thankful that God gave me the strength to get up early and have my quiet time (I’ve always done it at night, but thought a change was in order with a new Bible study we’re doing), THEN as I’m sitting in church our pastor referenced the ‘theme verse’ from my quiet time that morning (Hebrews 11:6 if anyone wants to check it out). I was like, ‘Nuh-uh God! You are here!’ Also…this is not as crazy, but I choose to see it as God working, but yesterday morning I had the song that goes ‘Come Thou Fount. Come Thou King. Come, Thy Precious Prince of Peace…’ You know what I’m talking about? Anyway, that was stuck in my head while I was getting ready and then, during service…what hymn do we sing? Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing. Yes. That’s right. I choose to believe those are moments from God reassuring me that He. Is. Here. And will never leave me. 🙂

Thanks for the words Annie! And I’m glad your weekend was great too! 😀

8. posted on Mar 15, 2010 at 8:38 AM  |  reply

You’re so cute how you talk to the days of the week haha! Glad your weekend was so fantastic!

9. posted on Mar 15, 2010 at 9:09 AM  |  reply

one of my dearest friends got married this weekend, i have the most perfect job!!! and i’m going to beaver creek, colorado to ski in about five days!!!

10. posted on Mar 15, 2010 at 9:32 AM  |  reply

Thankful for time spent with my oldest daughter and 2 of her friends this weekend!

11. Kristin
    posted on Mar 15, 2010 at 10:36 AM  |  reply

We actually had some SUNSHINE for the first time in over a week. It was so much needed. (Great post over at (in)courage too, btw!)

12. posted on Mar 15, 2010 at 11:30 AM  |  reply

I’m so glad you had a great weekend with special friends, Annie! Mine was a keeper, too…the main two highlights: an AWESOME message on forgiveness by our pastor (has my mind and heart reeling, in a good way), and my fabulous new blog design by Vanessa at butterflyspArks! You were right, Annie, she is fabulous! Thanks for the referral…and check it out! http://www.infieldsofgrace.com

13. posted on Mar 15, 2010 at 12:50 PM  |  reply

i love you friend. i’m thankful for you.

14. posted on Mar 15, 2010 at 1:01 PM  |  reply

with an overflowing calendar ahead of me for the next few weeks full of out-of-town guests, i’m thankful to have had a weekend to relax, unwind, and prepare my heart and mind for what’s ahead.

15. posted on Mar 15, 2010 at 2:23 PM  |  reply

I’m thankful for a weekend of rest and carefree friendships. Saturday was filled with deep conversation, laughter and a few tears. Sunday was filled with worship,, basketball games and movies.

Haven’t had time for much of that in a while…so it was definitely a weekend to be thankful for!

16. Janice
    posted on Mar 15, 2010 at 4:19 PM  |  reply

I am thankful for time in the city, with friends, learning more about a topic I’m passionate about…and for a brief few hours, forgetting about the grading, end of the marking period, and other ‘teacher details’ I should have been doing.

For a blissful Saturday, I felt free from the ‘take home’ part of work and it was AMAZING!

17. posted on Mar 15, 2010 at 5:09 PM  |  reply

Live music made me thankful this weekend. Mat Kearney and Ingrid Michaelson… just what I needed in the midst of an otherwise rough time in my life. 🙂