The foot.

on March 30, 2010 in Ze Bloggy Goodness with 13 comments by

So you know I work at The Brave.

And since we are a brand spankin’ new company, we had to put together our own furniture.

And five weeks ago, while putting together a desk, I dropped a drawer on my foot.

It hurt pretty much every day. In fact, one day last week when I met up with my Get Fit Challenge trainer, she said, “Uh, I think you should get that looked at.”

[Also, there’s a new video up on the Challenge page. Of course, I mention my best friend Molly. And I have an awkward ending. So, the typical stuff.]

I made an appointment at the Vandy Sports Clinic because if anyone deserves to be sitting beside injured football players, it’s me. The girl who fell off her porch and tore up her left ankle, then dropped a drawer on her right foot.

If I’m anything, I’m an athlete.

And the doctor pushed and smooshed and about had me squirming all the way off the table with the amount of pain he was putting me in. All along, he knew the truth. The man had already seen the XRay. Rude.

[I left the photograph a wee.bit.large for your viewing pleasure. Thank me later.]

So you can see that it’s almost like when an icepick chips off a chunk of ice. That’s what the drawer did to my foot. [Gag reflex? Apparently working.]

And when the good ole doc pushed right on the bump, it was like an eject button out of my skin. Pain. Pain. PAIN.

I missed the “you need a cast” window- it was 3 weeks ago. Oops. He gave me a serious scolding for waiting so long. Lesson learned, Dr. PushRightWhereItHurts.

So I’m on some meds. I have to wear special donut sticker over it when I work out [yep- still working out] and I have to ice it. A lot. In 6 weeks, if we don’t see improvement, I go hang with my people again, the athletes, and see what Dr. I’mToughYouBeToughToo decides to do next.

Probably stomp on my foot or something.

Pray for me, will ya?

– – – – – – – – – – –

Here is the Tuesday reading for Holy Week. I really enjoyed yesterday, though I’ll be honest and say I still don’t totally get the fig tree story. I’m asking God to explain it to me and doing some research as well.

Tuesday:

1. The authority of Jesus questioned

2. Jesus teaches in the temple [lots o’ reading]

3. Jesus’ feet anointed [tear-jerker. every time.]

To think that on this day, THIS DAY Y’ALL, thousands of years ago, she washed Jesus’ feet with her hair. And it was beautiful to Him.

It. Really. Happened. Don’t forget that. Today, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, or Sunday. Sweet Sunday. Easter.

And listen. If you haven’t heard CeCe Winans’ song called Alabaster Box, GET A TISSUE AND SETTLE IN.

[Subscriber friends: there’s a video here. Click on over….]

You can thank me later for that too.

1. posted on Mar 30, 2010 at 8:19 AM  |  reply

aawww…i think when chuck accidently throttled my foot last year with the paddle boat paddle, my foot was broke,too, but i never went in…i couldnt wear a decent shoe on that foot for months, and i still have a mark on my foot where it hit almost exactly a year later!! i feel ya!! *prayers*

2. posted on Mar 30, 2010 at 9:16 AM  |  reply

I’m so glad the fig tree story confuses someone else. I still don’t get it. Thanks for posting these. I love reading the different perspectives. And I love this song. My sister has sung it several times and if I can toot her horn a little, she gives CeCe a run for her money. Not better than CeCe but almost as good.

3. ali
    posted on Mar 30, 2010 at 9:51 AM  |  reply

Stop hurtin’ your feet! At least I know that I’m not the only complete klutz out there.

4. posted on Mar 30, 2010 at 9:59 AM  |  reply

Bummer about the foot. Prayed for you this morning.

I haven’t heard CeCe in ages. When I was a kid I wanted to sing like CeCe. I couldn’t carry a tune in a bucket. What can I say? I had big dreams.

Thanks for the Holy Week Bible reading.

5. posted on Mar 30, 2010 at 10:09 AM  |  reply

Tom spoke on the fig tree on Sunday and I just checked the podcast for you–it’s up. So go check it out…I had no clue. I love Tom, don’t you! 🙂 Praying for your foot my friend!

6. posted on Mar 30, 2010 at 10:11 AM  |  reply

Here’s the direct link (in case anyone else wants to listen! 🙂

7. posted on Mar 30, 2010 at 10:16 AM  |  reply

First of all I have no idea what is up with some Doctors, once I dropped a knife on my big toe (yes I can totally relate to you) and went to the Dr. and he squeezed it, opened it, scrubbed it….I was dieing from all the pain he was inflicting!(sorry for TMI)

And second, thank you for these daily readings leading up to Easter. so powerful when you think of them happening right today!

8. posted on Mar 30, 2010 at 11:31 AM  |  reply

Yeouch! That makes my feet tingle!

9. Julie Carpenter
    posted on Mar 30, 2010 at 2:26 PM  |  reply

If you want to understand (better) the fig story,listen to Tom Tanner’s 3/28/10 message at RiverStone. He explained it well.

He said something to this effect. But please listen to his words as he did it better.

Fig Tree = Israel
    Leaves w/out fruit = religion
    They (and we) try to cover our sin w/religious activity.

Hope your foot feels better. 🙂

10. Laura
    posted on Mar 30, 2010 at 7:07 PM  |  reply

your foot needs to be better now, because in may we are gonna have a party. Praying for you, and love you!

11. Merideth Schoolcraft
    posted on Mar 31, 2010 at 8:38 AM  |  reply

How is your foot feeling today? Better I hope!
    I was confused by the fig tree thing too. I am going to have to check out Tom’s sermon, now. If you gain any good insites on this, I’d love to hear them!
    Love the song, too! Thanks for sharing.

12. posted on Mar 31, 2010 at 1:54 PM  |  reply

found your blog by following big mama’s links about american idol…thank you for sharing the scriptures, and o that cece can flat bring it!!!!!!!!

13. posted on Mar 31, 2010 at 1:55 PM  |  reply