My morning.

on March 31, 2010 in Ze Bloggy Goodness with 9 comments by

So a group of girls loaded up about 2:30pm yesterday and we went to Knoxville for a concert. Ingrid Michaelson. Mat Kearney. Some of our best friends in the crew. All together awesome.

And a 3 hour drive.

I got home about 2am.

And…. here’s where things get hilarious….

I’m up at the YMCA at 6:45am.

Not to work out.

But because there is a BREAKFAST OF CHAMPIONS at 6:45am and 9:15am and guess what? I’m one of the speakers.

There are 10 of us talking about why we love the YMCA. And I do love the YMCA. But the pain of four hours of sleep. It hurts, y’all. It hurts.

I’m excited to talk for two minutes about why the YMCA is awesome, why I love water aerobics, why I love going to a gym where all my friends go. [I’m lucky my people love me even when they see me at the gym- wowsa I’m a sweaty girl.]

I’m also excited to wake up really early and be in a room full of people I don’t know talking about losing weight.

I think I just heard God laugh.

– – – – – – – – – –

Here’s the Holy Week reading for today. Ugh… how great was yesterday?

Wednesday:

The plot against Jesus

What’s been amazing to me this week is to see how all the people have been amazed at what Jesus said, all on His side, even to the point that the Pharisees are quieted. And then today, everything changes. And by Friday, those same people who are hanging on His every word on Monday are the same ones yelling for His death.

And I wondered yesterday, if I was me, 29 year old Annie, in Jerusalem at the time of Jesus, would I have listened to Him? Would I have seen Him pass me on the street and wonder who He is? Would I recognize Him as the one who rode in on a donkey a few days ago?

Would I have wanted Him to die?

1. posted on Mar 31, 2010 at 7:00 AM  |  reply

Thanks for sharing the verses, Annie.

Somehow I missed your weigh in. I watched it and have to say congratulations!! Keep plugging away. You’re doing great.

2. posted on Mar 31, 2010 at 7:17 AM  |  reply

Thank you for sharing these passages. I’ve been reading them and they’ve helped me reflect on this Easter week. Thanks for pointing us to the One.

Oh, and lots of prayers for your foot. Good for you for exercising in spite of that. You are THE woman!

3. posted on Mar 31, 2010 at 8:43 AM  |  reply

I’ve been reading the passages you post too and trying to follow the events of Jesus during Holy week.

…and I kind of would have liked to follow you to Ingrid Michaelson too. love her!

4. posted on Mar 31, 2010 at 10:23 AM  |  reply

I heart Ingrid! And love the comment about waking up early and talking about weight. Isn’t that every girls dream? 😉

5. posted on Mar 31, 2010 at 12:30 PM  |  reply

So jealous of that concert outing.. no kidding. Thanks for the readings this week…very good

6. posted on Mar 31, 2010 at 3:22 PM  |  reply

I’m so jealous that you went to the Kearney/Michaelson concert. It somehow escaped me that they were touring until a week before they were in Baltimore and the show was already sold out. Probably a good thing, because seeing the two of them at one outing would have probably left me a crying bumbling mess. Especially if Ingrid sang the Chain (seriously, that song slays me every time I hear it).

7. posted on Apr 02, 2010 at 9:40 AM  |  reply

I love people that make me smile. That’s why I read your blog. I don’t get around to it as much as I like, but when I come, I smile. And I am encouraged.

You’re amazing, Annie.
    Thanks.
    Love,
    Melinda

8. posted on Apr 08, 2010 at 3:08 PM  |  reply

went to their concert in new jersey a few weeks ago _ one of the best nights of my life!!! 😉

9. Amy