SHEESH.

on April 20, 2010 in video blogs with 12 comments by

Sorry it’s been a few days, friends.

I spent the weekend in Kansas City for the wedding between one of my favorite dudes (Jules) and the sweetest girl, Bethany. The fun times did not stop. I laughed, heartily, multiple times. The wedding was gorgeous- as soon as my technology quits revolting against me, I’ll upload some pictures and show you.

And hanging out with my friends. Oh. It was such a great weekend of people who have known me for a long time and love me anyways.

Okay. And speaking of revolt, I had tons of time to blog yesterday until I had the most unbelievably frustrating vlogging experience of my adult life. Truly. See, this cool Nash-blog called OnNashville has different bloggers talking about Nashville each day in April. So I decided to make a blog video about the patios in Nashville.

Should have been easy, right? I make videos all the time. Should be short and sweet and fun.

Here was the projected timeline-

• 2pm-4pm : film video
  • 4pm-6pm : edit video
  • 6pm : email the link, take a bow and applaud myself

And here was the actual timeline:

• 2pm-5pm : film video [no big deal- taping sometimes runs long]
  • 5pm-6:30pm : try to transfer pictures from camera to computer [total fail] then from to friend’s computer to my hard drive to my computer to iMovie.
  • 6:30pm : insert an almost complete breakdown at this point. I could feel my systems shutting down and my emotions freezing. It was a lot of things, including NOT AWESOME.
  • 6:30pm-7:30pm : friends talk me off the vlog cliff and I continue to transfer clips
  • 7:30pm-11:30pm : upload and edit
  • 11:30pm : realize I should probably ask Dave before I use his song, so I do. He says yes. Luckily. Cause the video was already done.
  • 11:30pm : upload video, but the quality is horrible.
  • 12am : lay down in the bed, computer by my side, and frown
  • 12:15am : can’t sleep cause of vlog fuzziness issues, upload higher quality video that will take over an hour. So I set my alarm and snoozle.
  • 1:30am : wake up and email correct link to video. Decide that applause is not necessary.

So. 11.5 hours for a 5.18 video?

Impressive. Or amateur. Sheesh.

HERE’S THE LINK TO THE VIDEO – The best 11.5 hours of my life…. or something like that. I hope you like it. I do.

But.

Not as much as I like Dave’s new video. Wowsa. I could watch it over and over again.

GOD GAVE ME YOU VIDEO. Watch it. Share it. Love it.

See y’all tomorrow.

1. posted on Apr 20, 2010 at 2:43 PM  |  reply

Annie! The things you do for the Internet world. It’s admirable, really.

(I’ll have to watch that later when I’m not working.)

2. posted on Apr 20, 2010 at 3:47 PM  |  reply

Oh my goodness what a ton of work! I would have completely been the same way… about it looking right. (Well that is if I could even do that whole video thing you did!) Pretty cool! Wished I lived in Nashville, so I could check those patios out.

3. posted on Apr 20, 2010 at 4:27 PM  |  reply

Am I the only one having trouble pulling up the 11 1/2 hour video? Sadness. I’ve tried different ways to get to it and every time it’s an epic fail.

On a happy note, I was driving through (read – around) Nashville on my way to Louisville Friday and thought of you Annie! I think you’re the only person I know that lives there.

4. posted on Apr 20, 2010 at 4:32 PM  |  reply

Wow! Awesome video & tour of happening spots in Nashville. If only i still lived there! Sigh… πŸ™ I’m going to share with my Nash peeps though, they will really enjoy it. Dave’s video rocks too…another song to fall in love with and put on replay! πŸ™‚ Ok, is that his wife at the very end? ‘Cause if it is, it makes the video even more oh-SO-sweet & romantic! Loves.

5. Logan
    posted on Apr 20, 2010 at 7:42 PM  |  reply

Once again nice work, Ann. (Anybody call u that? Can I? Ok, cool.) You sound alot like me, that frustrated me just reading it…. I hate when stuff doesn’t do right the 1st time.

O, and Daves video is cool, too. Wasn’t sure what to expect, was happily surprised. And yep, that’s his girl, Brooke. Too cute.
    (Question though, is he shorter than I remember or is she tall(er than average girls)?

6. posted on Apr 20, 2010 at 8:16 PM  |  reply

Okay. I’m sold. We now officially have to come visit Nashville. Hope you’re okay with that! πŸ™‚

7. Logan
    posted on Apr 20, 2010 at 9:30 PM  |  reply

I forgot something…. I thought you’d get a kick out of this: Watching your video I couldnt help but laugh because my town only has one (again, ONE) resturant with a patio. We don’t get any choice. You Nashville peeps are spoiled. πŸ™‚

8. posted on Apr 20, 2010 at 9:35 PM  |  reply

You did a fine job. Now I know where to go “patio eat” whenever I get to Nashville.

And thanks for the link for Dave’s song. Love it. My post today was about my man. This song fits with what I was trying to convey.

9. posted on Apr 21, 2010 at 8:59 AM  |  reply

ANNIE. I really hope we get to hang out sometime. You know, instead of our paths ALMOST crossing!?! (Or, you know, instead of me totally bailing on you?!?)

Going to watch your videos now…! πŸ™‚

10. posted on Apr 23, 2010 at 4:18 PM  |  reply

i have done some vlogging. they are fun, but always ends up robbing me of hours of my life.

11. posted on Apr 24, 2010 at 9:27 PM  |  reply

I didn’t get a chance to watch this until now, but it actually was perfect timing since I am visiting my relatives who live outside Nashville. I watched it WITH my aunt πŸ™‚ Too bad it poured down rain, so I don’t think we will be doing any patio dining in Nashville tomorrow, but maybe next time I visit we can check out one (or more) of these lovely places! Once again, you are an awesome “vlogger”…I have been thinking about doing one but I even look weird taking a picture with my web camera, so I’m thinking I shouldn’t go there…ha!

Thanks for the info!

12. posted on Apr 24, 2010 at 9:51 PM  |  reply

Annie, two things: When do you NOT laugh heartily? And two, thanks for the D.B. vid. Played it for Shauna too.