Internet Nerd.

on May 5, 2010 in AnnieWrites, Nash-livin' with 10 comments by

I wanted to make a joke about being “bloggy-promiscuous” here, but really. I think that’s probably inappropriate. I’m not sure of the level of inappropriate, but it is probably somewhere above my average don’t-write-that level.

“Internet nerd” is a good enough title I guess, but it lacks zing.

Sorry.

But here’s the thing. I’ve got some fun writing stuff going on this month all over the internet, so I wanted to make sure you knew about it.

First of all, my sweet friend [and writing mentor] Denise Hildreth asked me to guest post for her this month on her singles blog- Flying Solo. So everyday this month, I will be writing about how to find community and the importance of community when you are single.

So I think you should subscribe cause otherwise you are going to get SO sick of clicking over from my blog. 🙂 Also. I write about my friends, interview a single girl in NYC, and talk honestly about being single ALL THE LIVELONG MONTH. Get ready.

Here are the first two posts:

I’m reluctant to link to this next piece I’ve written, mainly because it is so raw and honest that I almost wish I would not have published it. If you’re a writer or a blogger, you probably know exactly what I mean. I cried like a baby when this post was complete. But I’m going to link you to it because I am so proud to be a part of SheSeeks, I want to give you the opportunity to read it.

But seriously, no pressure. 🙂

[This part is cool- it’s on christianity.com as well. So. That’s kinda crazy.]

I head back to Nashville today. I have tons of bottled water and a sad heart. The river, I hear, is slowly receding. And the people are being beyond beautiful about the whole thing.

Some Nashville links:

• Nashvillest – still the greatest place for info [scroll down a few posts and you will see an absolutely heartbreaking picture of the Opry. Sigh…]
  • Section 303: We Are Nashville – it made me cry.
  • Giving Money– if you want to help and you aren’t in Nashville, I would recommend giving through Crosspoint Church. Just make sure you mark “Flood Relief Fund.” You can trust that every bit of that money will help my neighbors.

That’s enough for you today. Thanks for your love and support to Nashville. Don’t stop.

On a lighter note, I painted my fingernails Shrek green. And I love it.

Amen.

1. posted on May 05, 2010 at 7:41 AM  |  reply

annie-

I just read the incourage post and really don’t even know what to say except I admire your honesty, It was beautiful and raw and touching.

2. Kristen
    posted on May 05, 2010 at 8:57 AM  |  reply

Annie-

I’m praying for everyone in Nashville. I’ve been looking for a way to donate from Illinois, thanks for posting the link to your church!

3. posted on May 05, 2010 at 9:18 AM  |  reply

I had already read your She seeks post and loved it to tears! I understand and appreciated your honesty and pain. I have 3 daughters so it wasn’t about connecting on that level, but that I too have worries and fears and a picture of how I exactly can see a certain thing in my life and yet it’s not happening, and it hurts. I prayed for you and for me that we would feel the peace of His plan and His timing!

4. posted on May 05, 2010 at 10:06 AM  |  reply

Blogmiscuous has a nice ring to it, yet still slighty inappropriate.

Praying you Nashvillians. I have several family members and friends there and one who is pregnant and about to pop any minute so I’m praying hard for safety for them and everyone else affected. I love how God is showing the world the true meaning of servanthood and community love there though.

5. posted on May 05, 2010 at 12:34 PM  |  reply

Way to go Annie!!! I am totally putting Flyong Solo in my reader

6. posted on May 05, 2010 at 2:34 PM  |  reply

I subscribed to Flying Solo and can totally relate to your She Seeks post. I turned 30 in October and thought I was doing well, super excited about my life, my job, and my family. However, in September I just had a breakdown. My younger (married) sister had a baby in June and I was so excited to be an aunt, but it was much harder emotionally than I expected. A friend found out she was pregnant with her third after months of trying and I cried when she told me. I felt like there were babies all around and NO ONE could believe that I was happy being single and 30…

I’m doing much better now and realize that just because my life at 30 isn’t at all what I expected it to look like, it’s okay. I still struggle at times, and am sure there are struggles ahead, but I am blessed to have so many wonderful people on this journey with me…and am thankful to have found your blog 🙂

Praying for you and everyone in Nashville…I was visiting there just a week before the flooding and the photos are heartbreaking.

7. Laura
    posted on May 05, 2010 at 2:45 PM  |  reply

about that lighter note… good thing we match…again.

8. posted on May 06, 2010 at 10:59 PM  |  reply

That first one? So. stinkin. proud. of. you. Your level of transparency is is reaching epic proportions, girlie girl.

9. posted on May 07, 2010 at 12:52 PM  |  reply

You cried when you wrote it; I cried when I read it. Seems fair.

Sometimes I fear that you’re in my head or reading my imaginary diary. Or maybe it’s because no one is ever actually unique to a situation- no matter how alone you may feel in that moment.

10. posted on May 08, 2010 at 10:04 PM  |  reply

i miss you.

that is all.

and i read your mother’s day post. i love you.