Annie has a job: An interview

on May 12, 2010 in Mocha Club with 29 comments by

Q: So, Annie, I heard you have a job.

A: Well yes I do. I mean, I’ve actually had approximately 13 jobs since I moved to Nashville 2 years ago, but this is the first long term job- the kind I want to keep for years. Maybe. 🙂

Q: I thought you were a writer. I guess you quit trying to be a writer?

A: First of all, I think your tone is harsh. Secondly, I’m not a quitter. My new job is more than part time but less than full time, so in that happy middle place, I will still write. A lot.

Q: So what is this new job?

A: I am the Social Media/Communications girl at Mocha Club.

Q: Didn’t you already work at Mocha Club before?

A: I did. I actually started as a volunteer, then took a very part time admin job, and now have a real job there.

Q: What is the Mocha Club?

A: I totally know this answer. Mocha Club is a an online community of people giving up the cost of 2 mochas a month – or $7 – to fund relief and development projects in Africa. We work in five main project areas: Clean Water, Education, Child Mothers + Women At Risk, Orphan Care + Vulnerable Children, and HIV/AIDS + Healthcare. You can read more here at the Mocha Club site.

Q: So what does a “Social Media/Communications Girl” do?

A: Well the “girl” part is pretty self-explanatory. And the rest is still being worked out, but the goal is use what I am know [and what I’m learning] about Social Media to benefit Mocha Club, thus benefiting Africa.

Q: But, like, what do you DO?

A: Yeah, I dunno yet. But it will involve blogs, online magazines, twitter, myspace, facebook, being awesome, that kind of stuff.

Q: Why take a real job? Are you not getting enough writing gigs?

A: Part 1- rude. Part 2- it’s not the amount of writing gigs or the money. It is that I really love Mocha Club. I love the leadership there. I love the mission of the organization. I love that my strengths are needed there. I love that many of my friends are musicians who support Mocha Club. And I love the swag. [Just being honest.]

Q: So what does that mean for us, your bloggites?

A: Excellent question. I think it means that anytime I want to try out crazy online stuff for Mocha Club, you get to be the test bunnies. And it also means that you have first dibs when we do bloggy-stuff, twitter stuff, or facebook stuff.

Q: Are you excited?

A: There. Are. No. Words. This is a dream job for an internet nerd like myself. And I uber-respect my boss. And I love my co-workers. And I get energized in meetings. And I laugh all day. And I can’t believe I got this job. And I’m as happy as a pig in slop.

Q: That is such a redneck thing to say.

A: I think we’re done here.

1. Kat
    posted on May 12, 2010 at 5:33 AM  |  reply

What a fun job! Congratulations!

And you interview was quite hilarious!

2. Kat
    posted on May 12, 2010 at 5:34 AM  |  reply

youR

sheesh…

3. posted on May 12, 2010 at 6:46 AM  |  reply

Congratulations, Annie Blogs!

4. posted on May 12, 2010 at 6:51 AM  |  reply

Congrats Annie!

5. Merideth
    posted on May 12, 2010 at 7:00 AM  |  reply

Congratulations on the job Annie!!!! I’m so glad you have a job somewhere you love doing work you really believe in and enjoy. That’s really hard to come by for some, and yet so important.

6. posted on May 12, 2010 at 7:14 AM  |  reply

Congratulations, Annie!

7. posted on May 12, 2010 at 7:55 AM  |  reply

This totally made me laugh! Congrats on such a cool gig! Enjoy and have fun! You deserve it!

8. posted on May 12, 2010 at 8:40 AM  |  reply

At the risk of being “rude,” what does this do to your ability to travel to the ‘Ham on a moment’s notice? Because I am, once again, making this all about me and my agenda…

Totally happy for you, friend.

9. posted on May 12, 2010 at 9:01 AM  |  reply

Yes i agree that interviewer was a little rude, but good!
    Yeah for jobs we love!

10. posted on May 12, 2010 at 9:04 AM  |  reply

Annie!!! That’s AWESOME!! I’m so happy for you!

Maybe not pig-in-slop happy, but still pretty darned happy.

11. posted on May 12, 2010 at 9:15 AM  |  reply

yay!!! i love fresh, new opportunities! you’ll be great, actually perfect, for this job 🙂

12. posted on May 12, 2010 at 9:28 AM  |  reply

Annie,

I love your blog but just haven’t been by in a while!
    [And I love self-interviews, I did several on my blog!]

I just wanted to stop by to say “hello” and offer a word of encouragement: you seem to be touching many lives through your writing, so keep up His good work!

Everly

13. posted on May 12, 2010 at 9:42 AM  |  reply

I lurve that organization. They’re super blessed to have you on STAFF. I’m a little bit jealous. 🙂 Congrats on such an amazing job!

14. posted on May 12, 2010 at 10:35 AM  |  reply

So excited for you!!! You are going to be awesome there! WootWoot! Way to go God!

15. Heidi S
    posted on May 12, 2010 at 11:31 AM  |  reply

You are SO creative!! I LOVE reading your blog, Annie!
    This “interview” to announce to your readers what you are doing was SO fun to read…you are hilarious.
    I am really happy for you!

16. jennifer
    posted on May 12, 2010 at 1:57 PM  |  reply

PeRfEcT job for you! So exciting when we get paid to do the things we love! Video yesterday: awesome!!And, happy as a pig in slop is no more redneck than, “it’s so good it’ll make you slap your mama!” Love it!
    Vinnie sends his regards. And remember, it’s not a mercedes in the marsh!

Love and hugs
    Jennifer (and Ben, who by the way, I think he loves you more than me. He will NOT stop talking about you! : D I ‘m jealous!)

17. posted on May 12, 2010 at 3:48 PM  |  reply

You make me laugh…congratulations.

18. posted on May 12, 2010 at 4:41 PM  |  reply

Very cool. I still wanna be you. Maybe now more than ever.

19. posted on May 12, 2010 at 9:43 PM  |  reply

That interviewer should totally be fired, but your new job sounds awesome! 🙂 Congratulations, Annie!

20. posted on May 13, 2010 at 3:15 AM  |  reply

congrats! and I love your interview…

21. posted on May 13, 2010 at 2:54 PM  |  reply

Congrats! That is very exciting.

22. posted on May 13, 2010 at 8:20 PM  |  reply

This may be one of my favorites posts you have ever written. I wanted to laugh out loud at your sassiness, but Missy is sleeping next to me on the couch right now and I decided that might be a little rude. I’m happy to have you around the office more girl! Hopefully I will be back in the fall 🙂

23. posted on May 13, 2010 at 9:24 PM  |  reply

The first sentence of the second A is just… perfect. 🙂

And, congrats!

24. posted on May 13, 2010 at 11:25 PM  |  reply

Congratulations! Sounds like a dream job 🙂

25. posted on May 14, 2010 at 7:48 PM  |  reply

congrats girl!

26. posted on May 15, 2010 at 11:32 PM  |  reply

1. Annie, you are hilarious.

2. I’m glad we will get to hang out more when I get back to MC in August.

3. Have a fantabulous summer.

27. Debs
    posted on May 17, 2010 at 1:31 PM  |  reply

Sounds spot-on !!! God is so good…all the time! They are blessed to have you…don’t forget the little people on your way up!

28. Alison Smith
    posted on May 21, 2011 at 11:52 AM  |  reply

SEO| Internet Marketing| Website Designing

Hi

We are leading SEO service provider and web Development Company. We are expert in PHP,.NET, and many open sources like Joomla, Drupal, WordPress, Oscommerse ,Zencart and Blog Management. We offer best of quality work to our clients at the lowest possible prices. We can quickly promote your website.

We can place your website on top of the Natural Listings on Google, Yahoo and MSN. We do not use “”link farms”” or “”black hat”” methods that Google and the other search engines frown upon and can use to de-list or ban your site. . Price is never a constraint with us because we take pride in handling challenging work.

We would be happy to send you best fit proposal for web development and designing and if you have a SEO requirement we will send you a proposal using the top search phrases for your area of expertise.

In order for us to respond to your request for information, please include your company’s website address (mandatory) and /or phone number.

Sincerely,
    Alison Smith
    alisoninternetmarketing@gmail.com
    COMPLETE INTERNET MARKETING SOLUTION
    SEO – Link Building – Copyright – Web Designing – PHP

29. Deejay Colin
    posted on Jul 04, 2011 at 11:05 AM  |  reply

SEO| Internet Marketing| Website Designing

Hi,

We can fairly quickly promote your website to the top of the search rankings with no long term contracts!

We can place your website on top of the Natural Listings on Google, Yahoo and MSN. Our Search Engine Optimization team delivers more top rankings then anyone else and we can prove it. We do not use “link farms” or “black hat” methods that Google and the other search engines frown upon and can use to de-list or ban your site. The techniques are proprietary, involving some valuable closely held trade secrets. Our prices are less then half of what other companies charge.

We would be happy to send you a proposal using the top search phrases for your area of expertise. Please contact me at your convenience so we can start saving you some money.

Sincerely,