What a fancy Friday.

on May 14, 2010 in AnnieWrites, Get Fit with 7 comments by

I have two friends who call me “Fancy” and I don’t know if it is more an homage to my love for Reba or because I am, in fact, very fancy. But either way, it is deeply endearing.

[I tell you the weirdest things. I can’t help it. Sorry.]

There are three seriously awesome things about today. And I’m gonna tell you about all of them right now.

1. SALLY THE GRADUATE

My baby sister graduates from Auburn University today. I literally cannot believe it. When I left for college, she was in 4th grade. It seems that I blinked and she’s now graduating herself. I could not be more proud and impressed with her ability to be a student and an adult. She’s awesome.

The best part? She’s leaving Auburn. And going to grad school at UNIVERSITY OF GEORGIA. You know that old story of the prodigal son in the Bible? Yeah, we’re living it.

[Kidding, Sally. Don’t call me all mad and stuff. Ok? Ok.] [Oh, and this isn’t your graduation gift. I actually have something for you. I promise.]

2. THE GET FIT CHALLENGE

Ends today. Phew. Not that I’m tired of being healthy- I actually seriously like that part. But I will not miss weighing on television. I won’t miss weighing at all. But specifically weighing on TV.

I just wrote my final post at the Annie Gets Fit blog. Enjoy.

After our final weigh in this afternoon, I will be getting a manicure and a pedicure. Sure, that’s too much information, but we’ve already gone over that I tell you weird things. But I figure mani/pedi is a better use of my time and money than a trip to Golden Corral. [Am I right or am I right?]

3. SETH GODIN

I find out today whether or not I will be spending next week in New York City. [Here’s a quick reminder of why I would be in NYC with Seth Godin.] I have no inclination one way or the other. If I make it, I will be THU-RILLED and will begin to giggle immediately. If I don’t make it, I’ll be okay because my bestie Betsy will be in town next week and so I will get to see her.

So that makes for a seriously rad Friday. Hope your Friday is equally cool.

I’ll let y’all know when I know about Seth Godin. And I’ll let you know if I won the Get Fit Challenge on May 25th. [Sorry, gotta follow the rules.] And I’ll let you know if Sally leaves me an anger-filled voicemail on her graduation day.

PS- I made a video for SheSeeks yesterday about the Nashville floods and Compassion Intl and my shirt is all catawampus. So that’s cool [sarcasm].

1. posted on May 14, 2010 at 7:01 AM  |  reply

Congratulations to your sister!

Keep weighing in. At your home. Every day or every week. It will keep you on track so if you start to add a pound or two you can quickly take it off. I know this from experience. 😉

Have fun next week either way.

2. posted on May 14, 2010 at 10:11 AM  |  reply

Yay for sisters graduating!! Mine graduated last Saturday (Summa Cum Laude!? I mean really? I was the proudest…if that’s a word). Graduating college is definitely a big deal so congrats to Sally! 🙂

Mani/pedi sounds awesome and I’m jealous. I was thinking about a pedi but I can’t get a mani because I just bit every single one of my nails off yesterday. After two months of not biting them. It was tragic. Even if you didn’t win the Get Fit challenge we still love you for all the hard work you put into it 🙂

I agree with Southern Gal, have fun next week either way 🙂

3. posted on May 14, 2010 at 10:39 AM  |  reply

Annie, congratulations on completing the Get Fit challenge. I’m totally inspired by you! I actually was so inspired that I joined Weight Watchers.

I do think a mani/pedi is a good option after your final weigh-in. Save Golden Corral until tomorrow when less people will recognize you!

4. Mickie
    posted on May 14, 2010 at 12:10 PM  |  reply

So inspired by your progress on the Git-Fit Challenge. Amazing how you’ve changed shape – and I’m sure you feel GREAT!! Oh, and my boys LOVE Golden Corral – where else can you get candy corn on the salad bar???

5. posted on May 14, 2010 at 3:33 PM  |  reply

That second to last paragraph sounded sorta soap opera-y..in a good way. It too me back for a moment to my obsession with The Young and the Restless. You know like when murderer David Kimball gets plastic surgery to hide his identity and he tells the surgeon to make him look like David Hasselhoff but after the surgery the Dr. skips town so when he removes the bandages-cut into his forehead was the word… stay tuned til next week…

6. posted on May 14, 2010 at 3:35 PM  |  reply

No, stay tuned till next week was not etched into his face. KILLER. Killer was cut into his forehead!

7. posted on May 15, 2010 at 2:26 AM  |  reply

Can’t wait to hear all the news!