A simple Sunday in New York.

on May 17, 2010 in Dreams Coming True, Ze Bloggy Goodness with 10 comments by

Seriously.

The only way I can think to even attempt to blog this week while I’m in NYC is either in picture or in list.

But listen. Be thou full of patience. Please. Because my number one goal here is to gain buckets full of knowledge and skill. Not to tell you hilarious stories. [Though you know I want to. Come on. You know me.] [And I owe you a story about SELF DEFENSE CLASS. Yep. I took it. Saturday. Great stories. Great great stories. Don’t let me forget… next week.]

By the way, HERE’S A QUICK REMINDER of why I’m in New York.

Yeah. Totally cool. I know. I’m so so so excited. Like WHOA excited.

So on Sunday—-

– I practiced being a lone sojourner on the NYC Subway system (wimpy rider, party of 1.)

– I was stern with a cabbie and he kicked me out (sorta).

– I saw my friend Ernie Halter which was awesome.

– My Clean&Clear Facewash exploded in my suitcase. [C&C, why I oughta…. grrrr….]

– My iPhone battery is not the champ that one would hope. So listening to music on the Subway + checking my email + twitter + facebook + texting + calling my mama = too much for Anita the iPhone to handle. Lesson? Carry my charge cord with me EVERYWHERE.

– I ventured to Times Square SOLO. Cause I’m brave like that, yo.

[This is taken with an app called QuadCam. You want it. Trust me. It’s so stinkin’ cool.]

I woke up crazy early this morning, already laid out my clothes and had my bag all packed. So pretty much, it’s my first day of marketing school.

Someone should have sent me a bouquet of freshly sharpened pencils.

[1 point for New York reference, 1 point for You’ve Got Mail reference, 1 point for school reference – ZING!]

1. posted on May 17, 2010 at 6:51 AM  |  reply

So so SOOOO excited for you, Annie! Praying big for you this week!

2. posted on May 17, 2010 at 7:43 AM  |  reply

Oh… my… gosh… i am SOOOOO excited for you. That’s going to be insanely awesome. Take great notes!!

3. Brooke
    posted on May 17, 2010 at 8:49 AM  |  reply

“Don’t you love New York in the fall? It makes me want to buy school supplies…I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address.”
    I Love You’ve Got Mail!

Have fun & enjoy NY!

4. posted on May 17, 2010 at 8:52 AM  |  reply

My brother and sister-in-law live in NYC. If you see them, please hug them. I realize the chances of that actually happening are nil – 18 million people + the fact that you have no idea who they are – but I miss them and when I have people in NYC it makes me miss them more. So I’m thinking optimistically.

Have fun!

5. posted on May 17, 2010 at 9:41 AM  |  reply

Favorite movie ever! Enjoy your time in the big city.

6. posted on May 17, 2010 at 9:42 AM  |  reply

So cool Annie! Don’t forget to go have a frozen hot chocolate at Serendipity. Ever since you “enlightened” me to their greatness I can’t think of NYC without one!

7. posted on May 17, 2010 at 2:11 PM  |  reply

So very jealous of your life…

8. posted on May 18, 2010 at 10:04 AM  |  reply

Gah. You could totally run into Tom Hanks any minute. He could be the very next guy behind you in line at the Starbucks. And The Cranberries are probably following you around the streets of New York, singing. Have fun, friend!

9. posted on May 18, 2010 at 11:17 PM  |  reply

Don’t you just love New York in the Spring?

10. posted on May 19, 2010 at 12:25 PM  |  reply

listen.. I just think you’re the cutest, greatest, funniest girl on this green earth and .. well.. I LIVE HERE. So I think we should hang out.. I know we are complete strangers, and that strangers+NYC=SKETCHHHy. But I think we’d be besties. LET’S HANG, ANNIEBLOGS!

Lee