An update.

on May 18, 2010 in Dreams Coming True with 6 comments by

I had to take my shoes off and run barefoot in the rain to be sure not to miss the train. [Classy.]

I’m surrounded by awesome people.

I still haven’t eaten a Magnolia Bakery cupcake, but that is in my future. Don’t you worry about that.

I’m talking about music on Twitter because that’s the only part of this experience that I’m allowed to share publicly. [Sorry bout it.]

I’m more proud to be here than you can imagine.

Also, I’m sorry I ran barefoot. I know that doesn’t represent me as a Southern lady. But missing the train wasn’t an option. So. It was a calculated risk. Forgive me, Mama.

Amen.

1. posted on May 18, 2010 at 10:23 PM  |  reply

[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Annie Downs. Annie Downs said: An update from NYC. Preview: Barefeet + running = today. Sheesh. http://tinyurl.com/35x5p4u […]

2. posted on May 19, 2010 at 3:04 AM  |  reply

I hope someday we’ll hear all about it. One can dream. . .

Enjoy NYC! I love it there.

3. Logan
    posted on May 19, 2010 at 7:41 AM  |  reply

Why can’t you talk about it? That doesn’t make sense if you think about it, really.
    (You interview for, and “win” a spot in a week long seminar but can’t tell anyone about it? Explain that logic. :))

Nonetheless, hope you have a good time.

4. posted on May 19, 2010 at 8:16 PM  |  reply

As a Southern lady, you did what you had do to make that train. Hold your head high. 😉

Deb

5. Rosanne
    posted on May 20, 2010 at 12:18 PM  |  reply

Welcome to New York, Annie. It is a beautiful city. 🙂 I’m so glad you’re enjoying your time here.

6. posted on May 21, 2010 at 10:29 PM  |  reply

eat that cupcake, girl…and don’t you worry about running barefoot in the rain…a girl has to do what a girl has to do…even a Southern lady!!