I’m glad I didn’t have a blog in 2000.

on May 27, 2010 in Ze Bloggy Goodness with 18 comments by

Because I bet I would have written about sitting on the 18th row at the NSYNC concert in Atlanta. And I would have thought for certain that I was cool.

It may be true or false [true] that I just spent approximately 15 minutes watching old clips of the glory days of NSYNC.

And glory days they were.

This is also true:Β I loved New Kids on the Block when I was in the 4th grade. Because that is an appropriate age to have severe crushes on boy bands.

I loved NSYNC when I was TWENTY.

Oh the shame.

But can you blame me? This is entertainment.

Now I feel good because I know I have filled your Thursday with joy.

Carry on.

1. posted on May 27, 2010 at 8:09 AM  |  reply

I’m not ashamed to admit that my sister and I were on our way back from a road trip to AR a few weeks ago and were listening to some old CD’s (by old, I mean early 2000’s). Well, we popped in “Now That’s What I Call Music, like…3” (minus the like…) and STRAIGHT UP JAMMED AND DANCED to Bye Bye Bye.

And some old Backstreet Boys.

No shame.

2. posted on May 27, 2010 at 8:23 AM  |  reply

Last week, NSYNC’s “I Want You Back” played on my 90s radio station and oh, how the memories came flooding back!

3. posted on May 27, 2010 at 8:38 AM  |  reply

Thank you, thank you, thank you! That is all πŸ™‚

4. Mickie
    posted on May 27, 2010 at 8:44 AM  |  reply

I absolutely STILL love NSync and Back Street Boys. And Justin Timberland still ROCKS (especially when he hosts SNL)!!

5. Michelle
    posted on May 27, 2010 at 9:12 AM  |  reply

I was an avid NKOTB fan when I was in middle school, concerts, everything.

I was also an avid NSYNC and BSB fan in my early 20s.

My husband picks on me about it. I’m not ashamed, I still love the music. In fact, I heard “Hanging Tough” on the radio this morning and jammed out πŸ˜›

6. posted on May 27, 2010 at 12:32 PM  |  reply

Thanks for giving me a reason to dance today.

BYE BYE BYE! πŸ˜›

7. posted on May 27, 2010 at 1:31 PM  |  reply

LOL! Thanks for the flash backs. What’s so funny is that I was in the van today with my 7 year old and pulled an old BSB cd out and played it. I was rocking out and he was just looking at me. Then I come home and read your blog. Great minds think alike…that’s all I’m saying. πŸ™‚

8. posted on May 27, 2010 at 2:57 PM  |  reply

I was an. ‘NSYNC freak too! It’s awesome you got to go to a concert!!!! I had the biggest crush on Justin- until he went all creepy stalker man in Cry Me A River,( lol) a couple weeks ago when Oprah did a show on teen idols I was a little offended she left out ‘NSYNC and Justin. She went right from NKOTB to Justin Bieber…. She left out the best!!

9. posted on May 27, 2010 at 3:00 PM  |  reply

I am turning 21 next month and crossing my fingers that I can get off work to go to a Jonas Brothers concert. So I totes understand.

10. posted on May 27, 2010 at 4:11 PM  |  reply

I was older than you during the New Kids phase. I LOVED them. But since I was older than you during New Kids that made me quite a bit older than 20 during NSYNC and well, I loved them about as much as I did New Kids. πŸ™‚

True story. I went to hear a band at The Roxy in Hollywood (as I was known to do with friends). But I drove alone one particular night, NYSNC blaring as I drove down Sunset Blvd. In my Sentra. Alone. I was such a dork.

11. Jd
    posted on May 27, 2010 at 4:56 PM  |  reply

I listen to 90’s pop on a regular basis(and I’m almost26). NO SHAME! i still love it πŸ™‚

12. posted on May 27, 2010 at 6:39 PM  |  reply

That *is* entertainment! I mean, the way they can do all those coordinated dance moves while still being held up by the puppet strings, not just anyone can pull that off.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane!

13. posted on May 27, 2010 at 8:51 PM  |  reply

I just bought 18th row floor seats to see the Backstreet Boys in August – it’s all about reliving your childhood πŸ˜€ I don’t know that I’ll blog about it though … I know it’s just not cool πŸ˜›

14. posted on May 28, 2010 at 12:40 AM  |  reply

This suddenly thrust me into a 12 year old gangly Abbie-body, trying clumsily to rollerskate and feeling very cool when I thought I got some good rhythm going to this song.

LOL! Thanks for making me laugh tonight!

15. posted on May 28, 2010 at 10:05 AM  |  reply

I saw them in concert TWICE! πŸ™‚ This made me laugh so much. My best friend have decided we’re so going to go if they ever do a reunion tour. It was cheese, yes, but it was so stinking fun.

16. Melissa
    posted on May 29, 2010 at 10:29 AM  |  reply

I was at the NSYNC concert too! And looking good, I might add…

17. shireen eldirdge
    posted on May 29, 2010 at 2:13 PM  |  reply

No shame!!! Abby and I were huge fans as well back in our college days…we learned the dance to that song and would have dance party USA in our living room to NSYNC…Oh, the good ole days!!!

18. Danielle
    posted on May 29, 2010 at 10:08 PM  |  reply

Oh boy! Memories! I remember having their poster on my wall, and crushing on Justin Timberlake! lol