He’s simply the best.

on June 21, 2010 in Ze Bloggy Goodness with 7 comments by

I don’t think anyone can predict what they will be like as a parent. You can hope, I guess, or think “this is the kind of parent I want to be.” But I don’t think you can really know.

Until you are one.

And I don’t think my Dad could have ever known that he would be THIS good at being a Dad.

I’m not in the mood to cry, I’ve just got too much to do today. So I’m not going to elaborate and tell you all the remarkable things about my Dad. [Though there are a LOT of things that are awesome about my Dad. Just ask me sometime. I’ll tell you until you ask me to shut up.]

Suffice it to say that I consider it one of the privileges of my life to be his daughter.

Happy Father’s Day, Daddy. I love you.

[If you wrote a post about your dad, feel free to link to it in the comments or just take another opportunity to share about your awesome father. Whatever makes you happy. 🙂]

1. posted on Jun 21, 2010 at 4:11 AM  |  reply

I just posted about my dad, including a goofy photo . . .

2. posted on Jun 21, 2010 at 5:38 AM  |  reply

My dad is awesome and I love him to pieces but I want to tell you about my wonderful husband, who is also a great dad. On Saturday night I was talking to the kids and I said, “You guys are lucky, you have a great dad.” I wasn’t prepared for how strong their reaction would be. They both exclaimed, “Yeah, I love my dad! He’s great!” I knew they loved their dad and they would gladly say it but they said it with so much conviction. It was so authentic and so sweet.

3. posted on Jun 21, 2010 at 8:34 AM  |  reply

This is the last post I wrote about my daddy.

You’ll have to click the links within this post to really get an idea of what a hoot he is.

4. posted on Jun 21, 2010 at 9:25 AM  |  reply

BEAUTIFUL photo of you and your daddy! I posted one here: http://dreammore.squarespace.com/blog/2010/6/20/i-love-my-daddy.html

5. posted on Jun 21, 2010 at 11:38 PM  |  reply

great picture of you and your dad. I posted about my dad, too…here:

6. posted on Jun 21, 2010 at 11:52 PM  |  reply

Dads are the best!!

Thank you for letting us share about our dads too!

simplycreatedbycole(at)gmail(dot)com

7. Julianne
    posted on Jun 25, 2010 at 8:04 PM  |  reply

Awesome–love my Uncle Tom! And just got the corkboard you made me for Christmas from Jake a couple days ago. I love it-thank you so much!