My Mocha Club desk.

on July 1, 2010 in Mocha Club, Ze Bloggy Goodness with 11 comments by

I don’t know if this is a new series I’m starting or if I’m just completely weird, but ever since I wrote about my writing table a few weeks ago, I’ve wanted to show you my desk at Mocha Club as well.

1. The desk itself- a folding table. Impressivo, eh? But listen, in the economy we live in, I’m just thrilled to have a job that I absolutely love. So if they said, “hey, sit here under the sink and work” I’d probably say okay. Or, I’d say, “that’s kinda weird- can I just sit on the floor of the conference room?”

2. Me old laptoppy. I have a goal to purchase a new one in 2011. Since, you know, I’ve had this one for over 3 years and it has my paw prints all over it and about as much memory as a nursing home bingo player.

3.  Paper cup. I left my water bottle at home today and barf. I’m having to drink out of one of those cups that gets soggy and squishy and waxy.

4. A super cool painting that my sister Sally did. It’s Africa. [Since I work at Mocha Club and all, I found it to be apropos.] I stole it from her bedroom at home. Sorry bout it.

5. A cool book from my friend Ishita who runs the Fear.Less online magazine. I read a bit of this book everyday.

6. Sticky notes. Because they are cute and funny. [I just wrote that and then realized that I have no idea what makes sticky notes funny, but I wrote it. So. Maybe it’s true.]

7. A picture with some of my very bestest friends when we were in Chicago last August. It was one of the greatest trips I’ve taken- full of laughs and relaxation and all around awesome.

8. A little motivation from my friend Seth Godin. I promise it doesn’t mean what you think it does. It’s symbolic and it means a whole lot more.

9. My accountability group. They are always watching. So I better behave.

10. Piles. Because, as you know, I am a big fan of piles.

Hey- if you get the hankering to photograph a table/desk/counter top and label it and tell us about it on your blog, link to it in the comments. I think seeing your world would be pretty fascinating.

Amen.

1. posted on Jul 01, 2010 at 12:11 PM  |  reply

This is awesome Annie! 🙂

Thanks for sharing! – and for sharing in such an entertaining manner 🙂

2. posted on Jul 01, 2010 at 12:11 PM  |  reply

ps….SO cool that you Love your job so much, that is awesome.

3. alyssa
    posted on Jul 01, 2010 at 5:30 PM  |  reply

i would link to a picture of my numbered desk, but a) it would be sad for me because i am not using it right now and b) it is a bit outside of my range of technical abilities to number a picture. (and c there is too much junk on it, you would get bored after the tenth thing)

4. Roxy Allen
    posted on Jul 01, 2010 at 9:10 PM  |  reply

#8 rocks! I know you can do it.

5. posted on Jul 02, 2010 at 4:07 AM  |  reply

Cool view. My view would scare you. 😉

6. Face
    posted on Jul 02, 2010 at 9:17 AM  |  reply

I stole an Annie-ism today.
    We were at the Praha Zoo, looking at the penguins.
    I said to my non-native-English-speaking-friend, “There’s more penguin goodness over here.”
    It apparently crossed cultural boundaries effectively because she followed me into the penguin house.
    Boo ya.

7. posted on Jul 04, 2010 at 9:43 AM  |  reply

All right, here’s my newly improved desk. I couldn’t help but show it off just a little bit. Hope you are enjoying your desk today, Annie. 🙂

8. posted on Jul 05, 2010 at 12:15 PM  |  reply

So glad to find your blog! You get an A+ from this interior designer for making the most out of what you have!

9. posted on Jul 07, 2010 at 10:11 PM  |  reply

Just discovered your website, so I thought I’d take you up on your suggestion while I’m trying to unwind between jobs!

10. posted on Jul 08, 2010 at 4:40 PM  |  reply

[…] honor of my friend AnnieBlog’s post last week and her 30th birthday on Wednesday (7/7), I was inspired to share my workspace with the […]

11. posted on Jul 08, 2010 at 4:52 PM  |  reply

So I was inspired by you today and decided to share my desk – magic work area as well – as always Annie – you are awesome! Happy Birthday Week!!