What I’m [fill in the blank]

on July 19, 2010 in Ze Bloggy Goodness with 18 comments by

What I’m [sure is the weirdest post title ever] = this one.

What I’m [reading] = The Fiddler’s Gun by Pete Peterson. I’m 1/2 of the way through and I’ll give it a B-. Don’t buy it yet, unless you have a Kindle. Then it’s only $2. TWO AMERICAN DOLLARS. Get it.

What I’m [also reading] = The New Kings of Nonfiction by Ira Glass. If you are a fan of creative nonfiction, this is the book for you. Also, if you aren’t listening to This American Life, a radio show by Ira Glass, please start. Right now. [My friend Alan, of Little Brooklyn Kitchen, recommended this book and he’s one of the smartest dudes I know, so I went with it. And I’m glad.]

What I’m [eating] = too many calories. The Get Fit Challenge was more of a pressure than I realized. The good kind of pressure. So now that I’m 30, I’m settling back into a healthy lifestyle. But don’t hesitate to ask me about it. You are quite the accountability partner.

What I’m [hearing] = I am [again] addicted to Brooke Fraser’s Albertine album. Twitter tells me a new album is coming soon. I’m impatiently waiting for it.

What I’m [writing] = In 2 weeks, I head to Lake Geneva Youth Camp to speak at the Middle School Girls Camp. So I’ve been furiously writing my talks and devotions for that week. [Pray for me- even now. Please? Seriously.]

What I’m [missing] = Scotland. The team from Riverstone is there this week and I hate missing it. (Just in case you didn’t know, I went in 2007 and 2008.) Luckily, we can read the team’s blog and watch the services live [at weirdo times].

What I’m [loving] = housesitting. This home is gorgie-poo and the cat is totally chill and they have a veggie garden that waters itself. Win. [This is the second time this month I’ve gotten to housesit for an awesome family in an awesome house, so pretty much- booyah.]

What I’m [googling] = Heaven help me, I’m still looking for the perfect window treatments. I am seven shades of addicted to home decor right now. Why? I don’t know.

What I’m [watching] = HGTV [shocker]. Sarah’s House. The Bachelorette [don’t tell me anything, you spoiler readers]. Drop Dead Diva. Clean House. The Dish. Cooking Channel. Ummm…. confession time… I’m also watching Real Housewives of New Jersey and Bethenny’s Getting Married.

What I’m [surprised about] = the crazy amount of links in this post. Sorry it got so linky up in here.

What I’m [wondering] = How are you? How was your weekend? Any books you are finishing? Any blogs you are loving right now that I have to read? Tell me things.

1. posted on Jul 19, 2010 at 4:03 AM  |  reply

I’m embarrassed to admit it, but I am just finishing Valerie Bertinelli’s book (the first one) about her life and weight loss. I’ve always liked her.

My weekend went by too fast. I celebrated my 23rd wedding anniversary!

2. posted on Jul 19, 2010 at 4:45 AM  |  reply

Lord, I pray that you will prepare the hearts of the Lake Geneva middle school girls even now, so they will be fertile soil to receive the truth you will pour from Annie’s mouth and heart. Give Annie exactly what those precious girls need to hear to take their faith to the next level. (That’s what always happened to me at camp!) Bless Annie BIG for using her gifts for Your glory!

Ok…I prayed, even now.

How am I?

I’m drying off from a little dip in my pity pool where I let insecurity get the best of me for a while.

I just finished posting my “Sermon Note Sunday” post on my blog. I’m loving my very own blog these days because God has been pouring some pretty good stuff out of me!

I’m getting my talks and my book proposal ready for She Speaks. I get to go this year because of the generosity of Anonymous. I heart Anonymous!

Will you be there this year? Hope so.

3. Jessica
    posted on Jul 19, 2010 at 7:29 AM  |  reply

Lake Geneva Youth Camp is going to be blessed! Annie, we are so excited to have you come and share the Word with our girls! I’m praying. See you soon πŸ™‚

4. posted on Jul 19, 2010 at 8:38 AM  |  reply

I ‘hear you’ on what you’re hearing. Ha, get it? πŸ˜‰ I’m stupid and just bought the CD 2 weeks ago even though I’ve loved ‘Shadowfeet’ from the first time I ever heard it on the radio years ago. Anyway, it has been on repeat in my car and I keep listening to the ‘Deciphering Me’ video on YouTube at work. Repeatedly. I’m completely serious. And I’ve also seen the info about the new album on Twitter and I too, cannot wait! πŸ™‚ Great minds think alike I guess!

In all honestly, I’m tired this Monday morning. Saturday was chaotic and Sunday I was under the weather so that makes for a not so great Monday morning. In other news, my blogbatical is over. And it’s nice to be back πŸ™‚

Praying for you and LGYC and all that God’s going to do!

5. posted on Jul 19, 2010 at 9:07 AM  |  reply

I’ve had a hankering for some good non-fiction lately. I came close to buying a food memoir (I’m not a foodie but I think foodies write good memoirs …). I ended up putting it back. This Ira Glass book sounds incredible! I’m going to pick it up pronto. As far as blogs, I recently discovered a blog called stephmodo (stephmodo.com) that I really like. It’s elegant without being remotely pretentious.

I know your camp talk and devos will be amazing! πŸ™‚

6. posted on Jul 19, 2010 at 9:17 AM  |  reply

What you should also be reading is Ghost Walk. Just sayin.

7. posted on Jul 19, 2010 at 10:27 AM  |  reply

Hey Annie! Right now I’m reading War and Peace- unemployment makes me do wild and crazy things. I’m traveling up to South Bend this weekend, so that will be a fun 12 hour solo roadtrip. Thanks for all the links- makes it easy to add things to my Amazon Wishlist quickly πŸ™‚

8. posted on Jul 19, 2010 at 11:35 AM  |  reply

My life is good. Still dreaming dreams of finding some doors to crack open and throw my songs into a publisher’s catalog. But I’m not there yet. Maybe one day I’ll wake up to that reality. Until then, I’m going to absolutely SOAK UP the enjoyment I get from just writing.

Currently reading Mennonite in a tiny black dress. It’s funny. And a memoir, which I love!

I’m a huge fan of non-fiction weirdness. Will get Glass’ book stat.
    Thanks!

9. posted on Jul 19, 2010 at 12:01 PM  |  reply

[…] 19, 2010 by wranglerdani (This blog post was stolen from Annie Blogs. I have a blog-crush on her… and like a Kindergartner at recess, I show my love by […]

10. posted on Jul 19, 2010 at 12:13 PM  |  reply

Seriously praying for you as you speak to middle school girls. Kids have so many pressures placed on them. Praying God gives you the words they need to hear.

No shame in Bethenny’s Getting Married. I’m hooked. I actually like her on her own better than on the RHONYC.

I just finished The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. It’s awesome. It’s written from the perspective of death in WWII. Sounds depressing, but I found it inspiring, sad, funny and incredibly witty.

11. posted on Jul 19, 2010 at 1:08 PM  |  reply

I don’t think I’ve ever posted on your blog before but felt the need to tell you I look forward to your posts. I too am blogging and have been for a little bit but it seems a bit hard to put my thoughts down as of late. I may need to vow to blog so many days a week. I faithfully posted I. February. I did a “Love Dare” challenge for month of Feb because it has Singles Awareness Day and all. With me being single and not seemingly having a guy even on the horizon, I’m not a fan of that holiday. Why–I sure am wordy. Just wanted to say keep the posts coming. Your honesty and your realness encourages me immensely. Thanks.

12. Erin
    posted on Jul 19, 2010 at 2:39 PM  |  reply

Bethenny Getting Married is SO good, even better than Bachelorette. I actually really like their relationship, even though they’re on TV.

You should read Let The Great World Spin, by Colum McCann. SO impactful.

13. posted on Jul 19, 2010 at 6:13 PM  |  reply

I’ve been reading “Ahab’s Wife” in fits and spurts the past month. I like it but it’s not gripping me the way I thought it would. Also finished “Sex God” by Rob Bell yesterday. Which seems to be a fitting segue to share that I’ve been loving the Bachelorette drama! I’m a big Real Housewives fan and I’ve enjoyed seeing Bethenny’s softer side on her show. Have fun in Lake Geneva! I’m pretty sure my youth group had a retreat at that particular camp.

14. Amy Carpenter
    posted on Jul 19, 2010 at 6:52 PM  |  reply

hey annie!
    read this post earlier and smiled that you mentioned the Scotland team. We definitely miss you! Elliot and Jordan especially say hello πŸ™‚ Even though its super late here, I was doing some last minute prep stuff and wanted to let you know. It was really good to see you a couple of weeks ago at church even if it was only for a brief second.

15. shireen eldirdge
    posted on Jul 19, 2010 at 10:40 PM  |  reply

I am on the mad hunt for window treatments as well!!! Why are they so DANG expensive??!! So when you find good ones please blog about it or send me the links…I am getting desperate (and driving Micah crazy with my constant talk about it!). Love you girly…

16. posted on Jul 20, 2010 at 12:18 AM  |  reply

Just started reading The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett. Have Francine River’s new book up next after I finish the 1007 pages. I guess I’ll be reading Francine’s next year because it will take me that long to read so many pages. Whew!

Have loved The Bachelorette this season. I’m pulling for Chris. The Housewives need Jesus yet I cannot stop watching their drama. Love Bethenny Getting Married.

17. posted on Jul 21, 2010 at 6:09 AM  |  reply

I am [loving] finding my way to your blog for the second time. And I would love to know what you have been up to in Scotland! I moved there in 2005 and help plant a church in Edinburgh. I was there for about four years before departing for warmer shores…in South Africa! Except this has been the coldest winter. Ever. πŸ™‚ Love your transparency and your writing style!
    xCC

18. Sharliss Arnold
    posted on Jul 21, 2010 at 10:30 AM  |  reply

Hey girl, just got caught up on your blog and wanted you to know if you need help with window treatments, let me know. I have done them for more than 25 years and could guide you in anyway you need. I am working full time now but have Wednesdays and the weekends off so if you need any help, let me know….oh ya, Katherine says HI! She is volunteering at Vandy’s Children’s Hospital this week…yes, say cool, even on the same floor she spent months on. Email me. Peace Out!