I was just searching for videos that made me weepy.

on August 21, 2010 in Ze Bloggy Goodness with 11 comments by

Ok, not really.

But it happened.

Enjoy these while I spend my Saturday at the hospital with the Boatmans waiting on their baby to be born! [that’ll probably make me weepy, too] [Also, my official title today is “AnnieBlogs, honorary aunt in charge of waiting room entertainment.” Oh, you better believe I take that title seriously. Pictures to come.]

Ok, to the topic at hand: tear-inducing videos.

[By the way, subscribers, there are 2 videos here- so click on over if you can’t see them.]

Ok- who all cried? Y’all confess.

Also, have a great weekend. 🙂

1. Jay LeCroy
    posted on Aug 21, 2010 at 5:48 AM  |  reply

Thanks Annie!

2. posted on Aug 21, 2010 at 6:54 AM  |  reply

Yes, more tears to add to the ones I was already crying. We’ll be attending a memorial service for Joy today. So while you welcome one into the world, we’ll be saying goodbye to one. Such is life. She’s seen Jesus’ face. How can we be anything but happy for her?

3. Merideth
    posted on Aug 21, 2010 at 9:48 AM  |  reply

The one with the old couple is so sweet! But, it does remind me of how much I long for a love like that with someone.

4. posted on Aug 21, 2010 at 2:06 PM  |  reply

I remember hearing Danny and Annie’s story a couple of years ago. I cried then and I cried again now. Those StoryCorps stories get me every time!

5. Dana
    posted on Aug 21, 2010 at 2:28 PM  |  reply

Yay! The first video you posted is from where I live. You gotta love West TN folks.

6. Face
    posted on Aug 22, 2010 at 6:51 AM  |  reply

Definitely crying at the second one.
    Can we talk about how the reporter in the first one REENACTS the scary hijacker getting in the car? Is that the best we can do?

7. Anne
    posted on Aug 23, 2010 at 8:59 AM  |  reply

Oh my goodness. The second video brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for sharing, Annie!

8. L.B.
    posted on Aug 23, 2010 at 11:29 PM  |  reply

Okay–listen. SO not fair. I was a happily unemotional, practical, and never-a-tear shed girl and then that video with the elderly couple! Too Sweet! Such Dear People!

Thanks,

from the formerly well known non-cryer.

9. posted on Aug 24, 2010 at 4:28 PM  |  reply

Wow. That second video is just priceless. What a legacy they leave for all of us to love well.
    -Gina
    … Ps – sobbing – thanks!

10. posted on Sep 08, 2010 at 1:11 AM  |  reply

Oh my gosh, I totally posted the Danny and Annie story the other day because it made me sniffly and emotional, too! I found it looking for a piano how-to from my friend Danny, so I was TOTALLY UNPREPARED.

11. Bridget
    posted on Sep 11, 2010 at 8:33 PM  |  reply

I’ve only seen one other storycorp videos. I had the same reaction. Blurry teary eyes, a lump in my throat and a swelling heart.