Where in the world is AnnieBlogs?

on September 10, 2010 in (in)courage with 11 comments by

I have two thoughts:

1. I wanted to make a Carmen Sandiego joke, but it was too hard.

2. I wanted to make Waldo joke, but it was also too hard.

So I’m just going to tell you.

I’m at Hilton Head Island with twelve of the girls who write for (in)courage with me.

DaySpring and Hilton Head Island Chamber of Commerce are hosting us- HHICoC generously provided the accommodations at the amazing beach house, bikes, an ocean cruise, and dinner at The Aqua Grille & Lounge. DaySpring took care of all the incidentals and meals for each of the bloggers.

We’ve already taken the bikes for a spin on the beach. Lesson learned? Pedal towards the wind first, then with the wind second. The other way around (pedaling against the wind on the way home)? It is hard.

I also have my typical nose sunburn even though I use sunscreen. Seriously. I’m 30. I should have figured out with SPF will protect my shnozz.

I also have teared up twice- first when one of my dearest friends Sarah Markley walked in the door, and secondly when we blessed the food. In that moment, we all sorta realized what a massive gift (in)courage is in our lives. And I cried.

I’m very happy here. I love being surrounded by these women. You may not get this nerdy comment, but I love when the bloggers I read every day sit across the table from me and hold my hand. I love when the friends on twitter are sitting on the couches, screaming with laughter.

Here’s who is with us [not in the order from the picture- sorry]:

What a privilege.

I may write more this weekend. Or I may just sit outside and talk with my friends. Or pray together or cry together. I may go on a long walk on the beach or I may just sit by the pool. I hope I ride a bike again and I hope we keep laughing like this. Cause right now we are looking through today’s pictures and commenting on every.single.one.

I’m happy. And I’m closing my computer to hang with my friends.

So in case I don’t see you, good afternoon, good evening, and good night.

1. posted on Sep 10, 2010 at 9:30 PM  |  reply

oh my goodness what fun fun times!!

have fun with all those wonderful (in)courage gals and know that every post y’all write speaks to hundreds (thousands?) of women every day. i’m so thankful i found the site last fall! it (and in turn, y’all) have change my life 🙂 so…thanks! 🙂

2. posted on Sep 10, 2010 at 9:32 PM  |  reply

I was going to try to come up with a witty Carmen San Diego joke too, but you’re right, that is hard.

But, now that I’m thinking about it, I do a little bit want to buy a red trench coat. And you know, commit crimes all around the world.

And now that I think of it more, both Waldo and Carmen wear red, which does blend in much, yet they are always so hard to find.

Enjoy your weekend. 🙂

3. posted on Sep 10, 2010 at 9:37 PM  |  reply

I love this for you. Absolutely!!!

4. posted on Sep 10, 2010 at 9:58 PM  |  reply

Ahhh…just as I thought it would be! Have fun!

5. posted on Sep 11, 2010 at 2:39 AM  |  reply

Have fun!

6. posted on Sep 11, 2010 at 8:53 AM  |  reply

What a lovely retreat! You’re in my neck of the woods now. Have fun and be refreshed!

7. posted on Sep 11, 2010 at 1:22 PM  |  reply

I love it that you know Carmen Sandiego. One of my absolute childhood faves. They don’t make them like that anymore.

8. Jane
    posted on Sep 11, 2010 at 10:33 PM  |  reply

What fun! Bask in the joy……wish I were there! My love to you…….Jane B.

9. posted on Sep 12, 2010 at 10:06 PM  |  reply

I am going through every single one of your blogs reading these posts, savoring these photos and feeling all full up with love for you all!

You made our night in Guatemala-

Lisa-Jo

10. posted on Sep 13, 2010 at 8:52 AM  |  reply

Glad it was what you hoped it would be! God bless Annie, Yours faithfully(in)couraged, Jessica

11. posted on Sep 15, 2010 at 1:01 AM  |  reply

Your Carmen Sandiego and Waldo references definitely date you (and me for getting them). Oh, the 90’s, how rich and colorful you were… *sigh*