My k(in)d of weekend.

on September 13, 2010 in (in)courage with 14 comments by

I had one of those weekends. The k(in)d that just absolutely blesses the deepest part of your soul.

Holley and Stephanie are two of my very favorite people ever. They both love me like we were born from the same family and I’ve always wanted older sisters.

Jen makes me laugh and I love hearing her honest heart. She loves the underdog. And it is super sweet.

Lisa is a giver. She (in)spires me to love people well and th(in)k before I speak.

Dawn is our resident profesh photographer and I absolutely love the pictures she takes. She hugs me tight every time. It speaks volumes.

I didn’t know Arianne before this weekend, but I’m glad I get to know her for the rest of my days. She’s awesome.

Rob(in) was one of my very first bloggy friends and I don’t regret that at all. She makes me want to be a better Annie.

Jessica and Mary and I drove together. So 18 hours (in) a car can make or break friendships. For us? It made it (in) a big way. These two are darl(in)g to me.

You already know Sarah. Let’s just say hav(in)g a best friend that lives (in) Orange County is difficult. So being (in) the same house for three days was spectacular.

Emily. I don’t even know what to say. Simply this- we were born to be friends and I want to be (in) her space every day. It’s not possible, but a girl can dream. [Also, this is my FAVORITE weekend post so far- check out the pictures.]

Nester has my heart and I feel like she can see through my sk(in) straight to my secrets. And I actually like that. She’s a safe place for me.

So to sit with these twelve women for the entire weekend and hear their thoughts, hearts, and laughs, has really breathed new life (in)to me. I never realized when I accepted the offer to write for (in)courage that these girls would become more than co-writers. They are dear dear friends.

1009_(in)courage_090-2

[L to R: Lisa, Robin, Jen, Hunchback of AnnieBlogs *shame*, Arianne, Dawn, Mary, Nester, Emily, Stephanie, Holley, Jessica, and Sarah. Picture by Dawn.]

We drove back last night. As we pulled (in)to Nashville, I got a text that my buddies here were at the park, hav(in)g a picnic. Mary and I hopped (in) my car and ran over. My friends yelled my name and hugs were passed all around and I smiled massively and even, at one po(in)t, I screamed, “MY HEART IS EXPLOD(IN)G!

That’s how I felt- like after a weekend with these girls and a picnic full of my dearest Nash-family, I just can’t believe that this is my life.

Jesus loves me. This I know.

I am so (in)couraged.

1. posted on Sep 13, 2010 at 6:39 AM  |  reply

I love you. I want more lunches, more music nights, more time together. Let’s make it happen. xo

2. posted on Sep 13, 2010 at 7:35 AM  |  reply

What an amazing weekend. You can always count on big hugs from me. {{hugs}}

3. posted on Sep 13, 2010 at 7:47 AM  |  reply

No. Words. Just love.

4. posted on Sep 13, 2010 at 8:05 AM  |  reply

Oh my…now this post is right up there with Emily’s. You are amazing and yes, Emily, Nester and I loved talking about you behind your back on the way home. 😉

5. posted on Sep 13, 2010 at 8:28 AM  |  reply

Arianne is good people. I met her at Blissdom but we didn’t “talk” until after. Love. So glad you had a great time.

6. posted on Sep 13, 2010 at 8:36 AM  |  reply

Got to zip up to the SAV airport on Sunday afternoon and hug Sarah! & meet Lisa)
    It was great to see them. And they told stories of being in the “Low-Country”–glad you could help explain that to them. 😉

7. posted on Sep 13, 2010 at 9:16 AM  |  reply

You are truly so special, like one in a billion special. And I don’t say that about all my BFF’s.

Hugging you hard right now because I miss your laugh. xoxo

-Ari

8. posted on Sep 13, 2010 at 9:20 AM  |  reply

love it! and i loved how you put ( ) around all the in’s. 🙂 you’re so creative.

p.s. your email back about my comment friday night like…made me really happy inside. i meant every word i said! 🙂

9. posted on Sep 13, 2010 at 9:42 AM  |  reply

[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Arianne Segerman, emily freeman. emily freeman said: @annieblogs My K(in)d of Weekend http://bit.ly/dwaVXk […]

10. posted on Sep 13, 2010 at 11:32 AM  |  reply

I’ve loved reading all the posts about the great time all you girls had. You couldn’t have picked a better place to meet up and relax. And when you put *shame* up there it made me cry and laugh at the same time. That was one of Joy’s favorite things to say.

11. Merideth Schoolcraft
    posted on Sep 13, 2010 at 11:52 AM  |  reply

Love your post,and your heart for all these friends of yours. They sound wonderful! You do a great job of reminding me of what is important in life, Annie. Thank you for that. Love ya.

12. posted on Sep 13, 2010 at 5:24 PM  |  reply

love your heart…and the way you love people…and the way you let us in on the sweet things in your life! i love (in)courage and i have been so blessed by the site! thanks for being you!

13. posted on Sep 14, 2010 at 10:39 AM  |  reply

Wow. Sounds like an awesome weekend, with some awesome ladies!

I have the same shirt you’re wearing in the picture. I’m actually wearing it, today. :o)

14. posted on Sep 14, 2010 at 1:19 PM  |  reply

i’m trying to figure out if you’ve missed an (in).

i don’t think so.