#thisisawesome & #youguysarefunny

on September 16, 2010 in AnnieWrites, I heart books. with 12 comments by

For starters, I have gotten around a gazillion emails in the last 24 hours telling me how funny your comments were yesterday when we learned about/talked about hashtags. Well played, my friends. Well played. I should call on your humor more often because you straight up delivered.

I promised a prize. Let me tell you about the prize now.

I recently received this box in the mail, containing a few copies of 180.

What is 180? 180 is a collection of stories from “people who changed their lives by changing their minds,” or so the subtitle says. About a year ago, I was approached by The House Studio to contribute a chapter to this book.

And right up until I wrote Turning in July, this chapter I wrote was the greatest short piece I have ever done. I went through quite a few revisions and when they sent an email enthusiastically accepting the piece, I fist pumped for about twelve minutes. I am so.so.proud of this writing.

My chapter is very different from the other chapters. It was a risk, one of the most serious risks of my writing career, to write what I did. [I mean, most people wrote about things like theology, abortion, and the truth of the Bible. I wrote about fingernail polish.] And it was super scary and super exhilarating and I am proud to hold a book in my hands that has my writing on the inside.

And one of you gets a free copy! Because all the comments were rad, I just randomly picked one. So the winner is LESLIE RUTH!Congrats, Leslie Ruth! I’ll drop one of these puppies in the mail to you early next week. [Sorry- I’m moving tomorrow, so it will have to wait until after.]

Also, I feel the need to go ahead and share that if you love pumpkin spice things, please try the pumpkin hershey kisses. Please. It will bless your autumn and ruin your diet.

For the rest of you non-Leslie Ruths out there, you can purchase 180 from The House Studio. [Only buy it if you want it- don’t buy it because you love Annie. I’ll give you the chance to buy a book to support Annie, whether you really want it or not, later in 2010.]

So, what I’m saying is this- while this 180 thing is really awesome, it is not the #topsecretbookstuff that I mentioned yesterday. You’re gonna have to wait a bit longer for that. 🙂

1. Brooke
    posted on Sep 16, 2010 at 6:14 AM  |  reply

I’m moving tomorrow too! Good luck with the move
    …hopefully you don’t have as much last minute packing to do as I do!

2. posted on Sep 16, 2010 at 6:38 AM  |  reply

Congratulations to the winner and to you! Pink nail polish? Sounds just right for you.

I went back and read all the comments. What a hoot!

Hope your move goes smoothly with great weather.

Now to find out why my gravatar isn’t working on random blogs…

3. posted on Sep 16, 2010 at 6:40 AM  |  reply

Excuse me – MANGO colored nail polish.

4. Leslie Ruth
    posted on Sep 16, 2010 at 6:54 AM  |  reply

#bestwaytostartmymorning

Hooray! Thanks, Annie! I can’t wait to read this and be inspired.

And between teaching today and Open House tonight, you better believe I’ll be running to the store to hunt down some pumpkin Hershey’s Kisses. Yummers.

5. posted on Sep 16, 2010 at 7:14 AM  |  reply

#topsecretbookstuff — how exciting! #beenwaitingforthis4ever
    (I think you created a monster w/hashtags now!) Congrats on this book and the top secret book. #cantwait

6. posted on Sep 16, 2010 at 8:38 AM  |  reply

This book looks fabulous! I totally will snag a copy for my dad for Christmas!! #hewillloveit

7. posted on Sep 16, 2010 at 12:34 PM  |  reply

#mustfindpumpkinHersheykisses

8. posted on Sep 16, 2010 at 1:31 PM  |  reply

who told you about those pumpkin spice kisses, huh? #givecreditwherecreditisdue
    #justkiddingyoudonothavetolinktomeeverydayonyourblog 🙂

9. posted on Sep 16, 2010 at 3:33 PM  |  reply

We at The House LOVED your chapter Annie. Thanks so much for contributing. And everyone can feel free to buy a copy just because they love you if they want. But sadly it is only one chapter. Looking forward to hearing about the #topsecretbookstuff!

10. posted on Sep 16, 2010 at 6:38 PM  |  reply

Congrats on your chapter!

Pumpkin Hershey kisses? I thought yesterday was great because I finally bought my first bag of the season of Brach’s Autumn Mix candy corn. I can see that I have been missing out on fall-related candy!

11. posted on Sep 16, 2010 at 7:40 PM  |  reply

#PumpkinHersheyKisses?

#droppingeverythingandrunningtoTarget

12. posted on Sep 19, 2010 at 8:25 PM  |  reply

pumpkin hershey kisses? you have just changed my life…got to go find these now!!!
    can’t wait to hear about the top secret book stuff….can not WAIT!!!