Georgia Bulldogs. Let’s get this over with.

on October 4, 2010 in Ze Bloggy Goodness with 20 comments by

It’s awful.

I can’t even hardly bear it.

I’ve never known anything like this season.

1 win? 4 losses?

WHAT.IS.HAPPENING?

Better question- WHO.WILL.GET.FIRED.FIRST?

And what does one do when their team is the worst in the SEC? I’ve no idea. Anybody from Vandy wanna tell me? [ZING!]

But seriously.

Vandy is gonna mop the grass with us in a few weeks. Auburn will be a shame. Georgia vs. Florida? Don’t even get me started. And those nerds at Georgia Tech are already salivating. Thanksgiving weekend has never looked so grim.

The only week I’m anticipating is November 20th…. because it’s our off week.

Listen. I’m not a fair weather fan. [AND THIS AIN’T FAIR WEATHER.] But this just hurts. It hurts so deep. We have great recruiting classes. We have a truly wonderful coach. So what in the world is happening?

1-4?

1-4?

It breaks my heart. My red and black heart. My bulldawg nation heart. My Georgia born Georgia bred heart.

To add insult to injury, I had a similar complaint last year… when we were 3-2!! THREE AND TWO!! What I would give to be 3-2 this year.

And in 2008, I complained about a WIN. Good gracious. I’ve been a spoiled dawg all these years.

It’s just challenging- I’m not changing my loyalty or picking a new team. I wouldn’t dare. But the pain is real in times like this- times when we might not win another game. Or, at best, we will have a losing season. A LOSING SEASON.

I just died a little.

Go ahead. Tell me. How was your Saturday? How did your team do? Brag if need be. I can handle it.

Go dawgs. Sigh……

1. posted on Oct 04, 2010 at 7:31 AM  |  reply

I am a Penn State fan, and we’re not looking so good this year. We got KILLED by Alabama a few weeks ago, and last night lost by the exact same score to Iowa. We won our nonconference games, but once we started playing other Big Ten teams, we had no chance. We have a new (true freshman!) quarterback though, and about 60% of our starters are new. So everyone keeps saying it is a “rebuilding” year. I think that’s a nice way of saying…we stink. Although even though we lose, I cannot stop watching!

2. Kristi Kay
    posted on Oct 04, 2010 at 8:18 AM  |  reply

It is so sad, Annie. Could our beloved Richt be gone??

3. posted on Oct 04, 2010 at 8:23 AM  |  reply

I feel bad for you Annie. This is how I felt the two years after Eli left and Ole Miss stunk it up. What’s worse is I had to sit through every game because I was in the band and it was all quite tragic.

Luckily, we won Saturday. Luckily.

And my weekend was fantabulisticulous! 🙂 Thanks for asking!

4. posted on Oct 04, 2010 at 8:25 AM  |  reply

My theory is that playing the Aggies in a bowl game last year put a curse on the Bulldogs. Our mediocrity wore off on y’all.

5. Merideth S.
    posted on Oct 04, 2010 at 8:56 AM  |  reply

OH Annie. I can’t believe how bad our dawgs are doing this year. It is horrible to watch. One of the biggest problems is the penalties, and the kinds of penalties we’ve been getting. Personal fouls, false starts, etc. It’s rediculous! They have some diciplin problems, it seems. We have definitely been spoiled all these years. maybe this is God’s way of humbling us a little or something. I also think not having AJ Green for 3 of the losses didn’t help. But, then again, what is the excuse this weekend against Colorado? We should have beat them! I could go on.
    My weekend of sports was salvaged by some baseball wins. The red Sox finished their season by beating the Yankees(always a good thing),and the Braves made it to the playoffs. GO BRAVES! And the dawgs.
    PS: careful of the Vandy jokes because I think that is who we play this coming Saturday.

6. Dana
    posted on Oct 04, 2010 at 9:27 AM  |  reply

I don’t even want to talk about the TN v. LSU game. The moment went a little like this:
    We won!!!!! Oh my goodness!! It was a miracule. There was not way that LSU could have misssed that snap!! Woo-Hoo!!
    Wait…what are they saying? NNOOO!!!!
    It was very depressing, but at least LSU didn’t blow us out of the water.

7. Grace
    posted on Oct 04, 2010 at 9:39 AM  |  reply

Two things:
    1- Wolfpack lost and said goodbye to their PERFECT season. Blah..but I am still loyal.

2- DID YOU FRIGGIN SEE the end of this TN/LSU game?!? Holy friggin crap I have a feeling people will be talking about that one for a while.

8. posted on Oct 04, 2010 at 9:49 AM  |  reply

Please look up the artist-Corey Smith-and the song “Every Dawg Has His Day” I believe is the name of it. The whole time I read your post I was singing this song in my head! He is a huge GA fan, too!

9. posted on Oct 04, 2010 at 9:53 AM  |  reply

and ps, here’s a thought…
    Maybe you should dedicate your book to them? Maybe it would inspire them?! 🙂

#itmightworkyouneverknow

10. posted on Oct 04, 2010 at 10:17 AM  |  reply

One of my closest friends went to UGA and is a huge UGA fan. I feel for y’all, I really do.

(Although it’s a bit hard when you are focusing all your energy into channeling positive thoughts to Alabama so they can repeat as national champions again…Roll Tide!)

But I remember the days of losing to LA-Monroe (the team Auburn killed on Saturday) and wondering if they were going to pull out a win on homecoming. But they always managed to stun me at least one week with a huge win. Hopefully, UGA will pull out all the stops and put those farmers down on the plains back where they belong. That would make me super happy. 🙂

11. posted on Oct 04, 2010 at 11:46 AM  |  reply

Adam and I are TCU and UTexas fans… TCU has given us reason to cheer… but TEXAS?! UCLA, really?!

(sigh)

12. Laurie
    posted on Oct 04, 2010 at 1:51 PM  |  reply

I’m sick, just sick about our dawgs. I thought for sure Saturday night we’d get a win and I know it was close, but it was just horrible to watch at times. I’m a tried and true Bulldawg fan, as well, but you’re right, this just hurts. Hoping next weekend will be better…

13. posted on Oct 04, 2010 at 1:57 PM  |  reply

I can relate, but only in the sense that my husband is pitching a UGA-Alum fit these days as well… He’s stopped watching. He avoids cable tv when a game is on.

14. Amy
    posted on Oct 04, 2010 at 2:56 PM  |  reply

I am a huge Bama fan, so obviously my Saturday was pretty darn perfect! However, I am also a diehard Red Sox fan – so I know the pain of a losing season or 20.

15. posted on Oct 04, 2010 at 3:30 PM  |  reply

I am a Florida Gator, so Annie, even though this was our first loss, it was so bitter and painful that I understood the part in the Bible about the gnashing of teeth and the tearing of clothes. And yesterday and today I wore my burlap TOMS because they are the closest thing to sackcloth I own.

There is pain in my heart thanks to the SEC.

16. John
    posted on Oct 04, 2010 at 9:26 PM  |  reply

Seriously Annie…I completely feel your pain. I wonder how A.J. Green feels, especially if any of the coaches lose their jobs!

17. Tati
    posted on Oct 05, 2010 at 12:06 PM  |  reply

I’m a Gator and Saturday was no fun for us. My friend and I had to watch it on mute. So I feel your pain.

18. kellicashmoney
    posted on Oct 05, 2010 at 1:53 PM  |  reply

BOOMER SOONER!!!!!!!!!!! WE KILLED TEXAS!!!!!

19. posted on Oct 05, 2010 at 10:18 PM  |  reply

I’ve been an Alabama fan for years, so while I am enjoying some new glory years, I’ve felt that pain for just being TERRIBLE. I feel your pain. I respect your loyalty.

But.

Roll Tide.

20. posted on Oct 11, 2010 at 8:23 PM  |  reply

Hugs from a fellow Dawg. I feel your pain, sister.