Le Whirlwind.

on October 11, 2010 in School dayz, Westbow Press with 10 comments by

That’s what I’ve been living.

Also, “le whirlwind” is French for “crazy travels.” I think.

Let me tell you about the last ten days or so…..

Thursday 9/30 :: Drive to Atlanta. Attend a baby shower in Woodstock, where I used to teach school.

Friday 10/1 :: Drive to Jackson County, GA, home of my first teaching gig, where the 5th graders that used to hug me every day are now seniors. SENIORS.

Proof? Here ya go.

It was one of the sweetest nights. I’ll blog more about it soon. I love these kids so much it still makes me cry and I don’t want to cry right now. So now we’ll move on….

Saturday 10/2 – Sunday 10/3 :: Hung out in Athens, GA, where I attended to University of Georgia. I played with some of my buddies, ate delicious memory-filled food, and rested a bit.

[Some would label this weekend “Annie’s Life : 1998-2005”- UGA, Jackson Co, Woodstock. It was kinda weird to see those years summed up in a four day road trip, but it happened. And I absolutely loved it.]

Monday 10/4 – Tuesday 10/5 :: Finished editing my book [squeeal!] and work from home at my parents’ house in Marietta.

Wednesday 10/6 :: Catalyst Lab day

Thursday 10/7 :: Catalyst

Friday 10/8 :: Seth Godin’s conference in Atlanta. So so fun. Loved getting amped up again, feeling connected to the part of my brain that thrives on good quality marketing, and spending time with some great folks.

Friday night :: drive back to Nashville

Saturday 10/9 :: Fly to Kansas City for a Nashville wedding.

Saturday night :: wedding. dancing. dancing. then dancing.

Sunday 10/10 :: Go to church in Kansas City with my friends Jules + Bethany, then sit on their couch and watch the Braves.

Monday 10/11 :: Fly back to Nashville at 6am.

Y.O.W.S.A.

It has been a really really crazy month so far. Of the eleven nights, I’ve slept in my bed once and shared a bed seven of the nights. I’ve done 2 loads of laundry and traveled approximately 1,822 miles.

And at the ripe old age of 30, I’m feeling that 1,822 miles in my bones. For sure. [Mainly in my left shoulder, giving me intense shooting pains that take my breath away. In the not-awesome way.]

I’m also feeling those miles in my heart. It’s been awesome. Sweet. Full of laughs and friends I adore. I don’t regret it one bit.

I’m back in Nashville and looking forward to an insanely intense week. Big BIG week at Mocha Club as well as turning in the book on Friday.

But dear bloggite, I will not forget you. In fact, it shall be a fun week at AnnieBlogs. Including, on Friday, because I love you and want you to be the FIRST to know things, a sneak peek at the cover art for my book! [hint: it is totes gorgie-poo.]

Phew. That’s all I have to say about that.

Now. To the important stuff. How was YOUR weekend?

1. posted on Oct 11, 2010 at 6:28 AM  |  reply

Excited about the cover art reveal!

My weekend can be described in two words:

Go Gamecocks!!

2. lane
    posted on Oct 11, 2010 at 11:41 AM  |  reply

You were in Athens and didn’t tell me! I know you were busy, and I was too (it wasym bday weekend) BUT I would have loved to have seen you. Hope it was fun.

-Lane

3. Laurie
    posted on Oct 11, 2010 at 2:12 PM  |  reply

errands and more errands, bridal shower AND the bulldogs FINALLY won!!!!!!!!!

4. posted on Oct 11, 2010 at 2:40 PM  |  reply

For a weekend that started off with not a lot to do, it sure seemed ridiculously busy! ‘bachelorette party’ for a friend, church homecoming and cleaning!

And I felt the same way about the kids growing up when I saw that a kid I babysat when he was about 4 or 5 was a Sophomore maid’s escort at a local HS homecoming. 🙁 Made me really ridiculously old. Even though I’m not.

Yay for cover art!!!!!! Excited!!! 🙂

5. Erin
    posted on Oct 11, 2010 at 4:16 PM  |  reply

I LOVE that you saw your students, so sweet!

6. posted on Oct 11, 2010 at 5:07 PM  |  reply

a kid that could not even WALK when i started babysitting her has a facebook now. i can not even BEGIN to tell you how totes old that makes me feel.

ick.

7. Maddie
    posted on Oct 11, 2010 at 7:40 PM  |  reply

I had a similar, yet less traveled weekend. It was homecoming at our alma mater. We took our kids, met dear, dear friends, and had an ugly cry (salute to Annie lingo, lol) happy time of catching up and remembering. So boy, do I know how much you enjoyed your own trip down memory lane!

Looking forward to seeing the book art work on Friday! More so, I’m looking forward to getting to own and read your book finally. It’s getting closer! Congratulations!!!

8. posted on Oct 11, 2010 at 9:44 PM  |  reply

Whew…and I thought I was worn out and beat down…

9. posted on Oct 11, 2010 at 11:07 PM  |  reply

FABULOUS!!! The Dawgs won!! (Although it would have been a little better if Bama and the Braves had done the same!)

10. Sandi Adams
    posted on Oct 14, 2010 at 7:32 PM  |  reply

Sooo you used to teach in Woodstock?! I live in Woodstock and work for the school system! What school? How long ago?