Flowers.

on October 12, 2010 in Ze Bloggy Goodness with 11 comments by

Two years ago, my mother purchased for me a beautiful blue dress. It fit so sweetly and had a bubble bottom. [Not me. The dress.]

I love it.

But I tend to “overwear” things. Meaning, I wore this dress to Brooke’s wedding, then NYE 2008, then possibly NYE 2009, and Emily’s wedding and well, it’s been done.

So I had a dream. A dream to wear the dress again.

With flowers.

I figured if I could just overly accessorize, distract the eyes of my fellow attenders away from “hey hasn’t Annie worn that a lot?” to “look…..ffllllloooowwweeerrsss”.

[That makes it seem that my friends are idiots. They aren’t.]

I decided to go for it so I headed to Etsy, because I love the homemades. Are you with me? LOVE LOVE one-of-a-kinds.

And bah-dah-bing: I found BIEN AIME.

And then, I may have died for just a short minute when I found this flower/ribbon combo (except mine is pinks, vs. black and white).

It was perfect. Absolutely perfect.

Sweet Cara at BIEN AIME made sure that the flower belt got to me in plenty of time to head to Kansas City. It was wrapped in such a lovely way and she included a cute raspberry-colored rose pin [that I proudly wore on my sweater yesterday].

So though I may have worn the dress for the umpteenth time this weekend, I threw in some new flair, giving it a chance to live one more day.

[Forgive the extreme amounts of awkward on my face. We had to take a lot of pictures to make me happy on Saturday. You know, ladies, just one of those days.]

Focus on the flowers. Focus on the flowers.

So so pretty, right?

And all thanks to Cara at BIEN AIME. Me thinks you should check that Etsy shop out. I am somewhat addicted.

And yes. I will retire the dress soon.

Maybe.

1. posted on Oct 12, 2010 at 6:11 AM  |  reply

Don’t. It’s so cute. And I love the flowers. It’s so nice to have a dress that you love and looks good on you. Do retire it just cause you’ve had it for awhile.

2. posted on Oct 12, 2010 at 6:14 AM  |  reply

oh my! very impressed with your creativity! now what can i put those flowers on… hmmm..

3. Merideth Schoolcraft
    posted on Oct 12, 2010 at 7:48 AM  |  reply

You are so creative Annie. I’m impressed! I don’t think you need to retire the dress. Especially if you love it so much. I wore the same 2 dresses to weddings over the course of a couple of years, and felt the same way you do. But, I could not help it. There were tons of weddings at that time,and I only had so many dresses I could wear to them. I still have both of those dresses, by the way. It is hard to find stuff you really love sometimes, so I’m a fan of keeping them around when you do find them.

4. posted on Oct 12, 2010 at 7:55 AM  |  reply

i’m not opposed to hand-me-downs. *cough* what? *cough*

ahem.

i mean… it’s cute! i love it!

5. posted on Oct 12, 2010 at 8:59 AM  |  reply

Don’t retire the dress! It’s so great! And I LOVE the flower belt 🙂

6. posted on Oct 12, 2010 at 8:59 AM  |  reply

No need to retire a dress like that. ‘Tis perfection. Miss you.

7. posted on Oct 12, 2010 at 12:29 PM  |  reply

I am the QUEEN of overwearing. You may be my princess. And as the queen, I order you to keep this dress o’preciousness in your frequent wardrobe. It’s adorable. And you look great.

Now you may bow.

😉

8. posted on Oct 12, 2010 at 12:57 PM  |  reply

Why fix somethin’ that ain’t broke? Just saying 😉

9. posted on Oct 12, 2010 at 7:19 PM  |  reply

Accessories are a girl’s best friend! They exist so we can wear our favorite clothes again and again and again. Long live the blue dress!

10. posted on Oct 13, 2010 at 11:23 AM  |  reply

Love the dress! The flowers are adorable.

11. posted on Oct 13, 2010 at 11:43 AM  |  reply

that is adorable and i vote you keep wearing it, with flowers. 🙂