Weekend is upon us.

on November 12, 2010 in Sounds good to me. with 10 comments by

And aren’t we all just grateful?

I know I am.

For starters, I missed my blog birthday. And if you recall how I feel about my REAL birthday, it is absolutely ridiculous that I would forget my blog birthday.

Apparently I forgot in 2007, in 2008, and believe it or not, I forgot in 2009.

[If this blog were a child, she would need a serious amount of counseling.]

Well, AnnieBlogs, sorry I missed your birthday(s). Happy 4th year o’ blogging.

[We’ll really celebrate one day next week. Don’t worry. I love any quasi-legitimate reason to throw a party.]

Just for kicks and giggles- here’s the link to that first post, on November 8, 2006, when you literally had no clue who I was. [Ah, the good ole days, when you didn’t associate with the likes of me. I’m bringin’ ya down. Sorry.]

I’m so excited about my weekend- heading out of Nashville for a little R&R&Laughs with my friends Emily and Nester. It was so sweet of Emily to invite me [I invited myself] to hang with her and her people for a few days. I cannot hardly wait.

It might be true to say that this weekend is a bit of rehab for my heart.

I leave you with this- LADY ANTEBELLUM! So so proud of my friends. Really. Deeply proud. Sure, partly because they brought home two CMAs, but more because of this performance. Tears, I tell you. Every time.

Maybe talk to God like He is there. Oh I know He’s there, yeah I know He’s there.”

Yeah, that’s in my weekend plans too.

What are you up to this weekend?

1. posted on Nov 12, 2010 at 8:56 AM  |  reply

Have fun! I know you will. And happy birthday to your blog. I don’t know how long I’ve been reading, but it’s been a while. I’ve loved every bit of it.

I’ll spend the weekend trying to get decent pictures for the Christmas cards. Yeah. Pray for me.

2. posted on Nov 12, 2010 at 9:28 AM  |  reply

happy blog birthday!
    i ADORED watching the cma’s this week. lady antebellum was fantastic!
    enjoy your weekend!

3. posted on Nov 12, 2010 at 9:30 AM  |  reply

Happy belated…blirgthday? No…I’m not as good as you with the compounding of words. Anyway, enjoy your weekend of hanging!

If I hadn’t been sick with bronchitis this week I’d be going to see Brooke Fraser in Birmingham tomorrow night and I am ULTRA-BUMMED that I’m not. More so than then the 8 times I’ve missed Switchfoot.

I just can’t win. Musically speaking that is. Boo. 🙁

4. shireen eldridge
    posted on Nov 12, 2010 at 10:23 AM  |  reply

Yay for Annie’s blog! Glad you are still going strong.

As for weekend plans, I am going to convince Micah we need to decorate for Christmas…I am dying to decorate and have decided not to fight it anymore! Hope you have a good weekend!

5. posted on Nov 12, 2010 at 10:37 AM  |  reply

is that song not freakin’ amazing??! I’m a snob about lyrics but that song..mmm..mmmm..it’s like a little awakening tonic..part sobering,part ethereal!! lurrv it.
    plans: dinner at Park Cafe with my best girlfriends and their hubs..my Nashville fave. And maybe some good old school Christmas Villaging at the fairgrounds!

6. posted on Nov 12, 2010 at 10:38 AM  |  reply

ps. happy birthday to 4 years of hard work..that’s a testament to NOT giving up!! congrats!!

7. Merideth
    posted on Nov 12, 2010 at 10:45 AM  |  reply

I love birthdays, personally. I love reading your blog,and I’m glad she was “born”.
    My weekend will consist of watching the dogs(I wish I could say confidently that we’ll win, but I’m pretty doubtful), hiking with dad Sunday morning, and trying to get my parents to clean out the garage in preparation for a yard sale we are planning to do in a few weeks. Pray we actually do it. I can use a little extra cash for my upcoming adventure! Hope you get lots of rest this weekend.

8. posted on Nov 12, 2010 at 12:07 PM  |  reply

That performance made me cry too. So beautiful. And I feel connected to them b/c of you – kevin bacon and all – so that makes it even better. So fun. CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOU!!!!

9. posted on Nov 12, 2010 at 10:57 PM  |  reply

I do not like country music but I have to say Lady Antebellum is growing on me. What a beautiful song!

Tonight I went to the Christmas Village and Sunday night I’m going to the Brooke Fraser show. Should be a good weekend!

10. posted on Nov 15, 2010 at 6:39 PM  |  reply

So, I loved how you were anti-FB due to your age in the first post. Do you still myspace, young one? Happy Anniversary!