Display.

on November 15, 2010 in (in)courage, Ze Bloggy Goodness with 9 comments by

The trees.

Emily.

Her dear family.

The stories told while laying around in pajamas.

Warm days and cool nights.

Lunch conversations that light fires.

Nester and Mr. Gary.

Rounds of Old Maid and Go Fish with giggling kids.

A comfy bed in a warm house.

The soul talks with other writers that really KNOW what it is like.

Bianca and Matt.

Lindsey.

Standing before a crowd of high school girls and living wide open.

Gnocchi and cannolis.

Tons of sweet time with Emily.

Minutes that I didn’t want to end.

* * * * *

God’s love for me was on display this weekend.

And I needed it more than I knew.

My heart is full.

* * * * *

How did God show up for you this weekend?

1. Carmen
    posted on Nov 15, 2010 at 7:48 AM  |  reply

He made me realize what He is teaching me,and the sermon at Young Adult Group last night had a lot of stuff that I really needed to hear. 🙂

2. posted on Nov 15, 2010 at 9:45 AM  |  reply

Last night I experienced one of the most Spirit-filled services I have ever been a part of in my entire life. I keep hearing that the righteous live by faith (Rom. 1:17)…Faith. Trust. Obey.

AND I got to see my brother whom I hardly ever see so BONUS!

P.S. That has to be one of the prettiest pictures I’ve seen of trees in my life. Gorgeous!

He is so. good. 🙂

3. posted on Nov 15, 2010 at 9:49 AM  |  reply

He gave me TWO dates nights with my husband!

and…a sweet moment of vulnerability with my dad.

and time to lay around in my parents living room making music with my little sisters…

4. posted on Nov 15, 2010 at 9:53 AM  |  reply

It is ironic that the last two times I have seen you, it’s been out of state. Glad we are getting together Nashville-style this week.

And the foliage wooed me too. Told someone I could move to Greensboro. Um, what was I thinking?

5. Merideth
    posted on Nov 15, 2010 at 10:19 AM  |  reply

Sounds like a wonderful weekend! I’m not sure how God showed up for me this weekend. But, he did answer some prayers I prayed for you. I was also blessed with an email from a friend.
    Sometimes when I read your blog I want to live your life for a weekend. You are a very lucky lady.

6. posted on Nov 15, 2010 at 1:51 PM  |  reply

Lindsey – you were thinking that Greensboro is AWESOME!

Annie. Just. *sigh* You are a gift. That is all.

7. posted on Nov 15, 2010 at 5:35 PM  |  reply

Emily – I was thinking that YOU are awesome. And Greensboro way exceeded my expectations!

8. posted on Nov 15, 2010 at 11:38 PM  |  reply

My parents were away this weekend so I was able to spend some quality girl time with my little sister. God showed up big time in a Starbucks sister date and late night talking.

9. posted on Nov 16, 2010 at 12:18 PM  |  reply

I’m still thinking about our conversation over pepper coffee and Westbow.

I LOVE you.