Your book questions. My book answers.

on November 23, 2010 in Westbow Press with 11 comments by

Two weeks.

Two weeks from today.

Tuesday, December 7th, 2010.

That is the day. THE DAY. The day that we will all scurry to Amazon and type in “Annie Downs” and then purchase From Head to Foot.

So mark it down, yo.

[It may be available on Amazon before the 7th, but if we all buy on the 7th, it will make a bigger splash. Tis the goal. Tis the season.] [Also. There will be a special limited edition AnnieBlogs readers’ package for only 200 people that will be available the day before- Monday, December 6th. So. Mark it down as well. If you wanna. I mean, I’m not the boss of you.]

Here are a few questions that y’all had last week:

The e-book will be released on the same day- Tuesday, December 7th. As far as an audio book, that hasn’t even crossed my mind. Mainly because I think my voice is weird. I mean, it is not feminine but not masculine and I think I say the letters “s” and “sc” kind of weird. So. I’m probably just going to ask Morgan Freeman to do the audio book.

Because nothing is more normal than hearing an older man reading a teen girl book.

Dani, 25,000 is nothing to sneeze at. Well done.

This is a great question that I definitely want to answer.

There are stories in this book that are painful. For sure. And they involve other humans. Here’s how I chose to handle it: I changed some names. I didn’t change anything in the stories that determine whether a story is true or false. Every story in the book is 100% true.

There are many ways to handle real stories and real people and sharing that with the world. I chose to change names because I wanted my friends to feel like I was only sharing MY life, not theirs.

The only friends whose real names I used consistently are my two best friends, Haley and Molly. Mainly because every story involving them makes them look totally awesome. Because they are. Why wouldn’t you want the world to know that?

But asking permission is never a bad idea. Pray about it and do what is right for your people.

Also.

If you are in the Atlanta area, we are having a book release party on Wednesday, December 22. Hang out around my FACEBOOK PAGE for more details. Or, just go check out the Book Release Party invite.

Also.

My book is in a Christmas Guide + Giveaway over at Dawn’s place. It is super sweet of her to include me along with the other prizes- and there are some AWESOME prizes. So go check it out!

One more quick reminder:

Tuesday, December 7th, 2010.

Booyah.

1. posted on Nov 23, 2010 at 6:28 AM  |  reply

Can’t wait, can’t wait, can’t wait, can’t wait, can’t wait, can’t wait, can’t wait…. 🙂 December 7th…got it!! 🙂

2. posted on Nov 23, 2010 at 6:44 AM  |  reply

I can remember that because it’s Pearl Harbor Day. The day Annie Down’s book hits the bookstore!

3. posted on Nov 23, 2010 at 6:45 AM  |  reply

That’s supposed to be Downs’ since your name is Downs. Sorry.

4. posted on Nov 23, 2010 at 8:12 AM  |  reply

I’m kind of giggling a little. Okay. A lot a little. :)))))

5. posted on Nov 23, 2010 at 9:52 AM  |  reply

Congratulations, Annie. I can’t wait to read it.

6. posted on Nov 23, 2010 at 10:05 AM  |  reply

you can talk about it and talk about ..but actually following through is all together another thing!! way to go,gal…you did it! woohoo! ..and all good writers know that vulnerability is what makes all the difference. best of luck,Ms. Downs:)
    and ps. when you end up best friends with Morgan Freeman would you sneak in a recording device so I can listen to that magical voice over and over!! 😉

7. Face
    posted on Nov 23, 2010 at 1:55 PM  |  reply

Brainstorming now who I can recommend your book to… Jake’s aunt, some church friends here, our team leaders, etc etc etc.

8. Laura
    posted on Nov 23, 2010 at 3:57 PM  |  reply

I’m excited!!

9. Merideth
    posted on Nov 23, 2010 at 4:19 PM  |  reply

First of all, you have agreat voice, and would sound good doing an audio book. You sound like a woman to me, and not at all like a guy! Take it from someone who listens to voices a lot. OK?
    I made a mental note of the dates. Yes, including the one where you mention a special offer on December 6. You arent’ the boss of me, but I think I’d love having you for a boss. Can’t wait to read your book!

10. posted on Nov 23, 2010 at 7:23 PM  |  reply

Yay Annie! I. CAN’T. WAIT!

11. posted on Nov 23, 2010 at 10:10 PM  |  reply

Wow, Annie! This is so exciting!