Seattle.

on December 7, 2010 in Help Portrait, Westbow Press with 9 comments by

First of all, the book comes out today. Yay yay yay!

Here is the link :: http://tinyurl.com/anniesbook

[By the way, that’s the link that I implore you to share with your social media world. Thanks.]

Thanks again to Westbow Press. I could not have done this without them. Literally.

Now.

Let’s talk about Seattle.

It was marvelous. It started out Wednesday night with my emotional gas tank on totes empty- which is quite inconvenient when you are meeting tons of new people early Thursday and are supposed to be super helpful to your boss, Jeremy Cowart.

Which. By the way. Jeremy taught photography classes for 2 full days at creativeLIVE and he. nailed. it. I mean, I’m telling y’all, I’ve never been more proud to be his friend / employee / adopted family member / nanny / catch-all.

But I was exhausted- more than I have ever been. I prayed to God, saying “please help me. Really. I think I’m in big trouble here.”

Then I slept for 12 hours. So that was nice. A true answer to prayer. And it made Friday and Saturday way more awesome.

Help Portrait was also a super super great time. The only embarrassing moment, I now present to you. Let’s call it “When Annie Didn’t Know She Was Talking To A Famous Girl”.

Sheesh. Right? Sheesh.

And you won’t be surprised to know these things:

1. I cried. Twice. First when I was talking with our coordinator from Florida and the second time at the very end of the day, when I had just a minute to look in the camera and tell the crew in the booth, the producer, and the cameraman that I think they are some of the most wonderful humans I know. [More on that in a minute.] I mean, I had an in-ear monitor where they talked to me all day- talk in my ear for nine hours and I’m gonna be loyal to you for the rest of my days.

2. I loved every.minute.of.it. The skyping with Help Portrait peeps that I already knew via email, working with the creativeLIVE team, talking into a camera all the livelong day. I had the best seat in the Help Portrait house for sure. Anybody wanna give me a TV hosting job? Cause I might love it.

It was a great time.

The weather in Seattle was perfect- actually warmer there than in Nashville!

But the real win, the over-the-moon part, was for sure the people. Chase Jarvis, the photographer who runs this creativeLIVE thang, is a great guy and I loved spending time with him, his wife, and his team. I can’t start naming them, I would leave someone out and feel just awful. But from the top guys, to the crew, to the producer, to the chat hosts, I was blown away by the kindness and friendship that bloomed in such a short amount of time.

Seriously. Here’s what. Seattle was a total last minute thing [as in, decided Monday night, ticket purchased Tuesday morning, flight Wednesday afternoon]. I went because Jeremy needed help. I didn’t go to make new friends. I didn’t go expecting to enjoy the company or feel inspired as an artist. I just went.

And it ended up being beautiful.

I can’t adequately express what Seattle meant. For some reason, it hit every key on my emotional keyboard. And maybe I still don’t get it.

But I know that I was lucky to be there.

1. posted on Dec 07, 2010 at 4:13 AM  |  reply

Annie,
    Soooo proud of you!!! I linked your book on my blog. Because of where we live, my blog is a bit on the “down low” and doesn’t get too much traffic. But every little bit helps, right?

2. posted on Dec 07, 2010 at 4:26 AM  |  reply

Sorry I missed you in Seattle but I’m glad it went so well!

It’s just a shame you’re so shy on camera. 😉

Love you!

3. sonnie
    posted on Dec 07, 2010 at 11:27 AM  |  reply

You NEVER cease to amaze me Annie. And I can’t believe we both had life changing Seattle time less than a month between each other. We should talk about that.

And your book…I need a copy of that thang!!!!!

4. Kristi Kay
    posted on Dec 07, 2010 at 1:49 PM  |  reply

Wow, I love your life…and am SO enjoying watching all of this. Little connection for me: I worked with LA Mission on Thanksgiving 2002. I also remember Z. Levi’s name beginning to float around some of the groups that I was involved with out there.

5. Amy Downs Rakes
    posted on Dec 07, 2010 at 3:16 PM  |  reply

We watched you on Sunday. Scarlett loved seeing you on the computer and kept trying to talk to you. I’m so proud of you and so excited to call you my cousin!

6. posted on Dec 07, 2010 at 5:20 PM  |  reply

So so cool, Annie! What an amazing thing to be a part of! AND YOUR BOOK CAME OUT TODAY!!! I can’t wait to read it!! Been promoting all afternoon!!

7. Celeste Olds
    posted on Dec 07, 2010 at 7:12 PM  |  reply

Oh my goodness Annie!!

Adam and I read this this morning (because I spent all of yesterday sleeping 🙂 and were just floored that you could get any more amazing than we thought you already were!

We are so glad to have met you, and so bummed that you had to love us then leaves us! You will always have friends and a couch to sleep on in Seattle. Come visit us again soon!

8. posted on Dec 09, 2010 at 10:16 AM  |  reply

Julie! You look familiar…

It was really great meeting you on the plane. For a weekend that wasnt empty of uncomfortable moments, It was refreshing and wonderful the conversation what was had between you Craig and I. Thanks for that! and now you have a new fan.

9. posted on Dec 12, 2010 at 1:59 AM  |  reply

Hi Annie!!

I feel like I’m late to the party, but I’m here to scream, “CONGRATULATIONS!!” Wahoo!

Just saw your tweet cross my stream today and caught that you have a new book out!

What an awesome topic to pour your words and testimony out! Just read your post… 7 years… wow. You inspire me, Annie!