Just say it.

on December 9, 2010 in AnnieWrites, Dreams Coming True, Westbow Press with 90 comments by

Well, these last two days have certainly been a whirlwind. Not the scary tornado type, but the awesome warm windy Oz kind.

We have no clue how many copies of From Head to Foot have been sold in the first 48 hours, and that doesn’t totally matter. What was awesome was that social media was all.a.buzz.

It was really fun.

So thank ya kindly for your time and tweets. It really means more than you could ever know.

. . . . . . . . . .

And here’s how it started.

In my heart, I dreamed of someday writing a book.

In 2003, I went over to Drew & Natalie’s house. I took my laptop. I sat down beside Drew and said, “I think I want to write a book.” I then had him read a few practice chapters that were literally horrible.

But that was the first time I said it.

That was the start. I had a huge chunky laptop and I wondered if two page chapters would be acceptable. I wrote stupid things that really no one should ever have to read. I wrote a chapter titled “Valentine’s Day” and all it said was “I hate it.” IN THE WHOLE CHAPTER.

Yeah, good stuff.

I kept it 100% to myself until the day I told Drew and Natalie.

It’s been a seven year journey. There were multiple times that I wanted to quit. Heck. There were multiple times [including, but not limited to, April 2010] when I actually did quit and say, “nope, I’ll never get to be an author.”

[God made the whole thing happen and that’s a much longer story than we have space for.]

But it would have never started if I didn’t say it outloud that day in Athens, Georgia sitting on the couch with Drew and Natalie.

And because you and I have been friends for a while, you’ve seen this whole thing unfold. [If you haven’t, here is the Westbow Self Pub story.] So you know the end of the story.

But for things to even start, I had to say it.

It was a scary moment, to tell them. But I don’t regret it at all. Because, y’all, I have a copy of my own book on my bedside table. How could I regret that first moment when the end of the story is so stinkin’ cool?

I don’t even care if anyone else buys it. I have a copy of my own. That’s the real win. Right?

So I’m going to push you a little today. I’m not a major feather ruffler [huh?], but I’m going to make you molt today. You’ve got this whole comment section and nothing to be afraid of. Saying your dream doesn’t force you to act on it [I’m not the boss of you], it is just the first step.

And I have to wonder if you are here because you are dying for someone to give you permission to be brave.

And I have to wonder if we have the hugest collection of awesome dreams and I wonder if more people will dream if we say our dreams first.

You have permission to tell us.

Be brave.

Just say it.

My dream is __________________.

I’ll go first. A girl’s gotta dream….

1. Annie
    posted on Dec 09, 2010 at 1:06 AM  |  reply

My dream is… to host a show on TV.

2. posted on Dec 09, 2010 at 1:52 AM  |  reply

My dream is……well I have many….but one is to travel to Africa with my children and husband.

3. posted on Dec 09, 2010 at 2:34 AM  |  reply

My dream is… to write the books I’ve only begun in my head and see them published.

My other dream is… to be such a photographer that investing in pro gear and travel to photography locations is provided for and warranted.

4. posted on Dec 09, 2010 at 3:01 AM  |  reply

My dream is to be able to make a living as an encourager. (That would include writing, speaking, counseling, mentoring, and whatever else God wants it to include.)

That wasn’t so hard! πŸ˜‰ So excited for you Annie!

5. posted on Dec 09, 2010 at 3:39 AM  |  reply

My dream is also to write books. Just want to say how thrilled I am for you!!!! This is such an exciting time! Way to go lovely Annie.

6. posted on Dec 09, 2010 at 5:01 AM  |  reply

Hi Annie, just wanted to pop in and say congratulations on the book. so super exciting– to have pursued your dream and then to really SEE it in fruition. such an encouraging story of pursuit. love, love, love it!

I have always wanted to be on the mission field. grew up wanting to be an amy carmichael type. we are now overseas, and i am learning that it is soooo much harder than i ever even remotely dreamed on every level. i guess that’s the thing with dreams though, sometimes God excites you with the idea, so that you will follow him in the pursuit of the dream, and then he had you in a place where he can really teach you what he wants. Hard, but good, these dreams of ours.

Thanks for the prompt. And congrats, again.

7. Ellen Bartlett
    posted on Dec 09, 2010 at 6:50 AM  |  reply

My dream is to be a missionary and to live in Africa.

It’s close to becoming reality.

Thank you Annie.

This is more powerful than perhaps you realize. Getting people to verbalize (ok, keyboardize :}) their dreams.

Powerful stuff.

8. posted on Dec 09, 2010 at 8:00 AM  |  reply

Okay, my dream is also to write a book. A fiction one. I’ve had all these ideas floating around in my head for YEARS and have never really thought it was realistic.

Also, I’d love to be one of Justin Timberlake’s backup dancers. But I’m gonna say that one is somewhere between super unlikely to absolutely impossible. Still fun to dream though. : )

CONGRATS on your book, btw! I’m definitely going to order a copy!

9. posted on Dec 09, 2010 at 8:04 AM  |  reply

My dream is…..to be a State Representative. (and then a Congressional chief of staff)

10. Stephanie I
    posted on Dec 09, 2010 at 8:06 AM  |  reply

My dreams are to see the world and discover myself.

11. posted on Dec 09, 2010 at 8:14 AM  |  reply

I am living my dream. I absolutely love being a teacher! I know without a doubt this is what I was created for.

Beyond that, my dream is to be a mum. Or a foster mum. one day…

12. jamie
    posted on Dec 09, 2010 at 8:46 AM  |  reply

my dream is to open a vintage shop!

13. posted on Dec 09, 2010 at 8:51 AM  |  reply

I dream of writing a book.

14. posted on Dec 09, 2010 at 9:08 AM  |  reply

My family has wanted me to (self) publish a book of my poetry, but I don’t really think my poetry is publish-worthy. My dream is to get over that hurdle someday & just do it for them.

15. posted on Dec 09, 2010 at 9:14 AM  |  reply

My dream is to work in an orphanage for several weeks in another country. Hopefully one day it will happen. It just seems like it is so expensive and not a financial possibility for us right now. I’m sure God has a plan in even that part though. πŸ™‚

16. Merideth
    posted on Dec 09, 2010 at 9:16 AM  |  reply

Funny that you are talking about dreams. A friend and I were just recently talking about that, but we were discussing the struggle of shattered dreams. I’ve had the hope of many of my dreams fade in recent years, and that has been hard. Part of me is scared to dream, but at the same time I can’t help but dream. My dreams…Like someone above mentioned, I have lots. Little ones like visiting every major league baseball park, then the big ones. Finding the man of my dreams, and marrying him and having kids. A great paid job investing in the lives of kids, and families, through counseling, teaching, etc. I dream of being the whole person God created me to be, and of reaching the point you are at loving yourself and your life.

17. posted on Dec 09, 2010 at 9:40 AM  |  reply

to write children’s books in Arabic πŸ™‚

18. nicole smith
    posted on Dec 09, 2010 at 9:43 AM  |  reply

My dream is to go into full time missions and speak up for orphans.
    I also dream about writing a book.

19. posted on Dec 09, 2010 at 9:49 AM  |  reply

I can’t decide if I’ve never been much of a dreamer or just to afraid to claim my dreams.

I need things to feel possible before I ever let my mind go there.

But one thing I’ve felt tugging at my heart lately is adoption/orphan care. And I have NO IDEA what that means. So don’t hold me to it πŸ˜‰

20. posted on Dec 09, 2010 at 9:53 AM  |  reply

My dream is to have a sucessful business selling handmade items … scarves are the item du jour.

I would also love to be in a place where we are financially stable enough to have another child, but I don’t know if I even dare to dream that yet.

21. posted on Dec 09, 2010 at 10:00 AM  |  reply

My dream is to raise my children well and to truly be a Proverbs 31 wife to my husband.

Congrats Annie! Can’t wait to get my copy and snuggle up and read it!!

22. posted on Dec 09, 2010 at 10:21 AM  |  reply

I’m somewhere between the quitting and deciding that what I’ve got is merely the sh***y first draft (Anne Lamott) of my book. I totally *get* your journey. Congrats.

My dream is to edit my work and get this book published.

23. posted on Dec 09, 2010 at 10:31 AM  |  reply

My first dream is to be a mom.

My second dream is to not be afraid of success and just go for it. (Anything)

24. posted on Dec 09, 2010 at 10:31 AM  |  reply

You may say that I’m a dreamer. But I’m not the only one

Its good to speak things into existence.

I’m going to climb a mountain above the clouds in 2011

25. posted on Dec 09, 2010 at 10:33 AM  |  reply

my dream is… to move to Prague and serve with World Harvest Mission and work at Faith Community Church. My other dream is to start a non-profit that counsels women coming out of the sex trade industry.

26. posted on Dec 09, 2010 at 10:35 AM  |  reply

My dream is to make people happy. I don’t know how else to describe it. That’s all I’ve ever wanted to do πŸ™‚

27. posted on Dec 09, 2010 at 10:42 AM  |  reply

[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Annie Downs, dedraherod. dedraherod said: RT @annieblogs: People are gettin' all brave over at the ole blog today. Wanna join? http://tinyurl.com/28z2clc // I did!! CONGRATS Annie!!! […]

28. posted on Dec 09, 2010 at 10:43 AM  |  reply

My dream(s) is (are) to be a teacher, open a bakery, be anything but the accountant I am today, adopt children, be a mom, be a wife.

29. posted on Dec 09, 2010 at 10:53 AM  |  reply

Annie, I love this. I love that God has opened the door allowing you to live your dream of writing a book. I know He will use it mightily.

My dream is to own an on-line quilt store so I can stay home and be the mommy I need to be.

30. posted on Dec 09, 2010 at 11:28 AM  |  reply

My dream is to see hundreds and hundreds of babies be born. I am going to be a midwife.

31. LD
    posted on Dec 09, 2010 at 11:32 AM  |  reply

SING SING SING!

32. posted on Dec 09, 2010 at 12:03 PM  |  reply

So many dreams, so little space…

1. Write a book (I actually have two in mind, and I’m slowly getting ideas together. Who knows if it’ll ever happen?)
    2. Would love to adopt.
    3. To be a better Christian – more loving, more giving. I think that this is always a work in progress and one I’m constantly trying to improve upon.

Congrats on the book. A coworker of mine and a cousin just published each of theirs as well and between the three of you I am inspired. πŸ™‚

33. posted on Dec 09, 2010 at 12:40 PM  |  reply

My dream is to run my own non-profit. And maybe write a book. And record a song.

34. posted on Dec 09, 2010 at 1:08 PM  |  reply

….now what are we gonna do about all these dreams? sigh.

my dream is to be married and own a whole bunch of dishes that don’t match. ….no joke. i dunno what to do about that. my roommates and i already have too many plates, but they all match.

but also my dream is to write a book or something. uhhh, no or something. i’m just lazy. and scared.

35. posted on Dec 09, 2010 at 1:29 PM  |  reply

My dream is to write a book. Can’t wait to read yours! πŸ™‚ Way to pull it off. Congrats, girl.

36. Jen
    posted on Dec 09, 2010 at 1:53 PM  |  reply

My dream is be used by God to lead people into a thriving relationship with their heavenly Father. Sounds simple, but really that’s it. Whatever form that takes I’m good with. Missionary, pastor’s wife, speaker, bible study leader… it’s all the same with a different title.

37. posted on Dec 09, 2010 at 2:09 PM  |  reply

My dream is… to be a wife, a mother, and a professional photographer. i’m working on the last one and waiting on the Lord to provide #1 & #2 πŸ™‚

thanks for sharing & challenging us… and major congrats on the book!

38. grace
    posted on Dec 09, 2010 at 2:15 PM  |  reply

Simple… My dream is to marry to a man as in love with the idea adoption as I am.

And then for us to do it.

39. posted on Dec 09, 2010 at 2:26 PM  |  reply

my dream is to work with orphans. I’ve never said or typed this. thanks for the challenge

40. posted on Dec 09, 2010 at 2:45 PM  |  reply

My dream is to be your assistant and I will fight Betsy for the job πŸ™‚ I actually love being an assistant.

I’d also love to be a writer. I generally write better than I talk and I want people to know how loved they are and that it’s ok to be honest about the hard stuff.

And I want to be a mom where my kids want to spend time with me when they are adults. That probably sounds creepy.

41. posted on Dec 09, 2010 at 3:46 PM  |  reply

My dreams…. to go back to Ukraine and work with street girls again and run a shelter where they will be loved so hard they will get to know their Father. And to teach in schools about the dangers of trafficking and prostitution and talk about relationships and the One Most Important Relationship in our lives.
    …… live in Israel and do whatever God has me do especially with Russian speaking Jews.
    …… be a pioneer in the positive approach of Bipolar Disorder/in order in the Netherlands (presently translating a book) would love to get a program going called Bipolar Advantage and pioneer it here.
    Don’t know if they fit together, for me they do. Everything has its own time. Go God!

And Go Annie for the next book!

42. posted on Dec 09, 2010 at 3:54 PM  |  reply

Honored to have made the blog! Can’t wait to read your book! U go gurl! Drew and Natalie

43. Leslie Ruth
    posted on Dec 09, 2010 at 4:00 PM  |  reply

My dream is to be a mama. A sassy, crafty, no apologies Southern mama.

But until that happens, my dream is to teach in a school that I truly believe in, not just because it will pay the bills.

44. posted on Dec 09, 2010 at 4:26 PM  |  reply

I think my dream is to be in full-time women’s ministry. Somewhere. And actually love my job instead of just liking it…

and of course to be a wife and mom.

45. posted on Dec 09, 2010 at 4:28 PM  |  reply

My dream is to help/teach women and teenage girls about Christ and what He’s done for them…

Not quite sure how that looks yet…

46. Justin
    posted on Dec 09, 2010 at 4:30 PM  |  reply

My dream is to lead worship and equip/raise up future worship leaders! And if that happened to be an international dream, I wouldn’t mind! πŸ™‚

Annie, you are awesome! Much love for you friend!

47. posted on Dec 09, 2010 at 5:26 PM  |  reply

My dream is to get married and have kids. It doesn’t seem like a big dream, but I’m finding it so hard to achieve. I’m working to accept that maybe that isn’t the plan God has for me, which is, of course, incredibly difficult.

My other dream is to write (and publish!) romance novels. Cheesy yes, but I have all these characters dying to get out of my head and onto the page so they can live happily ever after.

48. melissa
    posted on Dec 09, 2010 at 6:05 PM  |  reply

thanks so much for the encouragement to put our dreams out there! and awesome job on pursuing your own – can’t wait to read the book. πŸ™‚

my dream is to have a job that i loooove, that is rewarding, that i truly enjoy spending my time doing….and also pays my bills.

49. posted on Dec 09, 2010 at 7:27 PM  |  reply

YAy for the new book! can’t wait to read it for myself!

My dream (I am not sure I can limit it to just one πŸ™‚ )…

– to be a wife and a mommy
    – to run a retreat center/camp
    -but right now, my dream is to be back in South Africa loving on babies and sharing with them the Hope of Christ!

50. Brianna Vaxvick
    posted on Dec 09, 2010 at 8:00 PM  |  reply

My dream is to live in Haiti as a missionary for most of my life. All the while writing a blog that tells the real stories (good, bad, ugly) of Haiti and life as a missionary.

51. posted on Dec 09, 2010 at 9:49 PM  |  reply

My dreams are:

1. To be a minister, preaching the Word (I’ve always felt that was my calling, but it hasn’t happened yet).

2. To build a house that we chose that is perfect for us, rather than being in a house that represents a family law suit.

3. To write a book/a few books.

52. posted on Dec 09, 2010 at 10:13 PM  |  reply

My dream is to write a book that people will enjoy reading.

53. posted on Dec 10, 2010 at 12:00 AM  |  reply

My #1 dream is to be a wife and mother. But my #2 dream is to be a published writer- to have written a book. It’s so cool to see you reaching your dreams- Congrats, Annie!

54. andy
    posted on Dec 10, 2010 at 12:25 AM  |  reply

my dream is to love people. and i don’t do that very well right now.

i really want to live somewhere – anywhere – among the poor, spending my days hanging out with the neighborhood. to leave my life of comfort and privilege. i hope my address changes to a lower-class neighborhood in 2011.

55. posted on Dec 10, 2010 at 9:44 AM  |  reply

[…] From Head to Foot (Annie Downs) I heart Annie Downs. Not sure I know anyone with as much exuberance and WOO (well, maybe Bianca, but it is a close call). I can’t wait to hear she has to say about offering your whole self to the Lord. Plus, I so admire the story of Annie’s persistence in bringing her dream to reality. […]

56. posted on Dec 10, 2010 at 9:56 AM  |  reply

My dream is to travel the world with my family, starting with a trip to Cambodia next summer.

CONGRATS on your book, Annie!!

57. posted on Dec 10, 2010 at 11:39 AM  |  reply

My dream is to write a screenplay. Maybe the story of a lawyer who feels led to walk away from a steady paycheck at his firm and then wrestles with God when things don’t go as smoothly as he thought they would. (For some reason, that idea keeps bouncing around in my head.)

58. Grace W.
    posted on Dec 10, 2010 at 12:50 PM  |  reply

I already responded, but I just have to do it again. I just had to say how inspired I am about how many people have said their dream is to live life outloud for other people- babies, orphans, people less fortunate, people in other countries, etc. It’s crazy!! I love it!

I also find relief in knowing I’m not the only woman whose abition is to be a wife and mommy- there was point in my life i wouldnt even admit that, because I was afraid people would laugh (because some did) so these comments were good to read.

-grace

ps- I don’t know who Andy is 3 comments up, but that’s awesome.

59. ~VA~
    posted on Dec 10, 2010 at 5:09 PM  |  reply

So this probably is not the kind of dream you really want to hear…but my dream is to not be tempted anymore by self-injury and to not let it be replaced by anything but God, because I have been “clean” of self-injury for just over 600 days, but it is still a major temptation quite often, and additionally recently in the past few months I have been flirting with anorexia.

I’m dreaming of a day I won’t be fighting the devil’s lies that hurting will make me feel better, or that I deserve to have the control hurt gives me or that flirting with anorexia will bring me a friend (ouch–Satan knows how to get at me, and it is not pretty)

On a side note, I read the preview of your book on Amazon and it was AWESOME!!

60. posted on Dec 10, 2010 at 5:24 PM  |  reply

I’ve pondered and pondered about this for the past 2 days, realizing that the older I get, the harder it is to dream big. And maybe that’s what my dream should be, to see the world as full of endless possibilities.

In addition that that, my dream is to find a job I’m truly passionate about, that fills my heart, and to be able to take advantage of that opportunity (if/when it presents itself) with gusto and without fear.

61. posted on Dec 10, 2010 at 6:04 PM  |  reply

Love that part of your dream has come true.

My dream? A sewing business. It’s being realized little by little through the help of a talented lady who asked for my help.

62. posted on Dec 10, 2010 at 6:34 PM  |  reply

my always dream? to be a wife and mommy. my “right now” dream? i feel like i have forgotten how to dream… so i would dream of being able to dream again

So glad you acted on your dream! How exciting to see it happen!!! =)

63. posted on Dec 10, 2010 at 8:29 PM  |  reply

I am so happy for you Annie, and I love that you remember the journey and celebrate it- all of it. πŸ™‚

I have a lot of dreams. Some of them sound mundane, but they’re mine. Others sound unreal, but yes, they’re mine.

I want to be a wife that really supports my husband and helps him to stand strongly as the man God created him to be. I want to be a mother and adopt children that are motherless and need our family.

my selfish dream is to own and curate a beautiful handmade/gift shop. I love to be around beautiful things and I love to make things, so this just makes sense. πŸ™‚

64. posted on Dec 10, 2010 at 9:02 PM  |  reply

Some of my dreams are:
    1. To be an author & touch peoples lives like robin gunn, Karen kingsbury, & Sandra Byrd
    2. Be healthy. I’ve struggled with for 13 years
    3. To find a man who’ll love me unconditionally & isn loyal
    4. To truly depend on & trust in God, ultimately filled by Him- that should be #1

65. Merideth
    posted on Dec 10, 2010 at 9:08 PM  |  reply

I don’t know who it was that talked about their struggle with self-injury and eating disorders. But, I just want to let them know that I’m praying for them. I also want to encourage them to find a counselor to see/talk to about these issues. Assuming you aren’t already doing that. It would really help!

66. posted on Dec 11, 2010 at 7:33 AM  |  reply

I’ve been thinking of this since yesterday and realize I’ve had lots of dreams but never the “oomph” to see them through. And now I think more of our children’s dreams.

Then I realized: My dream is to see our children grow into the woman and man God has intended. That is it. It makes my eyes tear and moms heart cry in anticipation of what God will do in each of their lives. It is so exciting!!!!

67. JLA
    posted on Dec 11, 2010 at 9:52 AM  |  reply

My dream is to help plant churches. And to bring community transformation.

68. Keisha
    posted on Dec 11, 2010 at 11:08 AM  |  reply

Wow, these are all so inspiring. Some of them made me remember dreams I have/had that I long forgot about, or pushed to the back of my mind. It’s incredible how hearing someone talk about their dreams to give of themselves can light a fire in your soul and make you want to jump in right along side them.
    My dream right now is to be a part of bringing music to people. In whatever way that looks like. Music is powerful, it brings people together, it says things you’re soul feels but your mouth can’t find the words for. I want to be apart of people experiencing that. Partnered with that I would love to be involved with an organization that joins music and social justice. Something that is bigger than just a concert, more kingdom impacting.

69. posted on Dec 11, 2010 at 4:17 PM  |  reply

My dream is to be the one who gets to tell Muslim women about Jesus and watch as they learn how to quit striving to please God to earn their salvation and begin living like daughters of the King. I dream of unlocking the gates of captivity and watching Christ break the chains that are so tightly binding those around me.

70. posted on Dec 11, 2010 at 9:40 PM  |  reply

Twenty seven years ago the dream God gave me was to be a Neonatal Intensive Care nurse, to help the most helpless hopeless babies. Now I’ve had the privelege of doing just that for the past 23 years. And I am watching to see what new dream God brings into my life. Maybe art quilting…

71. posted on Dec 11, 2010 at 11:55 PM  |  reply

these dreams are something else…simply beautiful glimpses of what GOD is doing…thanks for this blog Annie…CONGRATS ON THE BOOK. WAHOO!!!
    i have many dreams…but one is to open a free eating disorder clinic on a farm with many acres… horses, creeks, gardens..counseling…4-wheeling…etc. helping girls (maybe boys too)..step away from commercial-readily available food influences and work the land..get back to basics..get in touch with healthy living…their bodies natural needs…giving them time to play again…..etc,. etc…..

72. posted on Dec 13, 2010 at 2:49 AM  |  reply

My Dreams:
    1. To serve Jesus with all of my heart..
    2. To write a book about my journey living with Cerebral Palsy and encourage others in this walk of grace that God has me on..truly amazing!
    3. To be married and help my husband fulfill his God-dreams! πŸ™‚

Annie – I have read your blog for years and am encouraged by every post. Thanks for writing and I cannot wait to read your book!

73. Erin
    posted on Dec 13, 2010 at 4:54 PM  |  reply

My dream is to quit my job and be a stay-at-home mom. I don’t have any children yet, so this will have to be put off for a little bit of time, but I’m realizing more and more that full-time mommyhood is the desire of my heart.

74. Laura
    posted on Dec 13, 2010 at 5:24 PM  |  reply

My dream is. . . to write a book. πŸ˜€

75. Catherine
    posted on Dec 13, 2010 at 9:53 PM  |  reply

I want to start my own church preschool and be a light to children that way. I also want to get married and be a mommy (to lots of girls that I can dress up). Once upon a time I wanted to be a college cheerleader…and Annie (as in little orphan, and sing Hard Knock Life) I don’t think I can say “maybe one day” to those anymore but…preschool, my dream.

76. posted on Dec 13, 2010 at 10:36 PM  |  reply

I dream of writing fiction. And of owning a bakery.

77. posted on Dec 13, 2010 at 11:11 PM  |  reply

My dream is to have finished and published my next writing project.

78. Laura
    posted on Dec 14, 2010 at 8:43 AM  |  reply

My dream is to open a card making business and start a blog. ;D

79. posted on Dec 14, 2010 at 1:58 PM  |  reply

My dream is to own a small boutique gift shop in a little tourist town.

80. lisa
    posted on Dec 15, 2010 at 6:55 PM  |  reply

my dream is to trust God’s goodness for me in the face of what seems impossible.

81. Rachel
    posted on Dec 16, 2010 at 10:54 AM  |  reply

My dream is to be a newborn photographer and a Mama. I have always felt like God put me on this earth to be a Mama. πŸ™‚

82. posted on Dec 16, 2010 at 3:42 PM  |  reply

My dream is to have my childrens’ books published and write a grown up book. πŸ™‚
    Can’t wait to read yours and pass it on to my daughters.

83. Jessica
    posted on Dec 18, 2010 at 2:34 AM  |  reply

My biggest dream in all the world which will never happen but a girl can dream…is to have 7 babies, one from every continent. I’ll cover north America by birthing one and then adopting the other six.
    Second biggest dream is to live on the same street as my whole family. Heck, I’d even settle for the same city right now!!!
    Love you Annie! So proud of you and your dream come true!

84. posted on Dec 20, 2010 at 6:09 PM  |  reply

My dream is…to be the next Ryan Tedder. A killer pop songwriter on one side. A lead singer of a great rock band on the other.

I’ve never said that before.

85. posted on Dec 21, 2010 at 1:52 AM  |  reply

My dream is to help people, especially children. I want to be a public middle school teacher. When I tell people that, they think I’ve lost it. But God has placed many children from motels and trailer parks into my life and church, and I love them to death.

I love y’alls dreams about working with orphans! It’s encouraging and inspiring to see people willing and eager about the same things that are so dear to my heart. God bless!

86. posted on Dec 21, 2010 at 3:10 PM  |  reply

My dream is to open a card making business and start a blog. ;D

87. posted on Dec 21, 2010 at 4:31 PM  |  reply

Hm… my dream…

1) to live in Italy.
    2) to live the ‘Christian life’ without thinking about it. That Jesus’ love would come naturally. That being more like Him wouldn’t seem like a chore some days.
    3) to love myself as the Lord loves me.

Congrats on your book Annie! I’m glad you got to see your dream realized!!!

88. posted on Dec 21, 2010 at 6:23 PM  |  reply

[…] wrote an inspiring post about dreaming the other week and the comments poured out. It’s been so neat to see people […]

89. posted on Dec 28, 2010 at 7:40 AM  |  reply

I’m a dreamer. Some of my dreams will probably remain just that for my entire life. Some of them I’m currently living (married my best friend in July!). And some I’m working towards slowly, step by step.

My husband and I are dreaming together of running a performing arts and fine arts school, where artists are molded and shaped to use dance and theatre and photography and so many other talents to bless those around them and expand the Kingdom. And we dream of that school birthing and supporting a children’s home (but why stop at one?) in India. A home for children who have none, giving them the freedom to dream as well.

This is the dream that drives us the most and we’re working towards it, little by little.

90. posted on Feb 18, 2011 at 3:31 PM  |  reply

I just got a quarterly email sent out from an organization that would help me realize my dream mentioned somewhere above and it reminded me of this post. πŸ™‚

So awesome to come back and read these dreams. I wonder if 2 months down the road any are closer to becoming realized dreams. πŸ™‚