Yes, I love technology.

on December 15, 2010 in I heart books. with 8 comments by

…but not as much as you, you see.

But I still love technology.

Always and forever.

[Name that movie, people.]

Here are three reasons why I love technology:

#1. My book is available on your Kindle!

Here is the link :: http://tinyurl.com/anniesebook

[yes, it looks very similar to the tiny url to the regular book- but that one is “anniesbook”. This one is “anniesEbook”. It’s the small nuances that really make life worth living, isn’t it?] [A “small nuance” is a bit redundant. Like an “added bonus” or a “free gift” or an “ATM machine” or writing “dollars” on your checks when the check clearly has the word “dollars” printed at the end of that second line.] [I learned that in 7th grade business class.] [Weird rabbit trail ends here. I promise.]

Anyways. If you, like me, have a deep love for your Kindle (mine is actually named Kindlella), then this might be a good option for you.

. . . . .

#2. Ann’s book is available on your Kindle!

If you don’t know my friend Ann Voskamp, well, you should. Her blog, A Holy Experience, is absolutely that every.single.day. And it is the only blog that has music that doesn’t make me insanely crazy. Instead, I can’t imagine reading Ann’s poetic prose without piano in the background.

She’s written a book. And it’s gorgie-poo.

And it is available in e-reader format here: One Thousand Gifts

I’ve already started it and it makes me want to cry tears of pure enjoyment. It’s like Jane Austen meets Amy Carmichael.

Yeah. You need her book.

. . . . .

3. When kids make videos.

Here is Rock. He’s awesome. And he says my name in a melt-my-heart kind of way. For sure.

Rock’s mom Sonnie is one of my BFFs and she’s become quite the beautiful blogger as of late. So hop/skip/jump/click if you wanna.

. . . . .

So, there is three-fold proof that I love technology.

I feel like I am awkwardly ending this post, like I’m walking backwards out of a party because I peed my pants and don’t want anyone to know.

I have not literally peed my pants.

Now I have made things terribly awkward.

[Also. I can’t believe I talked about peeing my pants in the same post I talked about Ann Voskamp. Somewhere, a tiny bird just fell out of its nest in disgust.]

I’m just gonna leave now.

See y’all tomorrow.

1. posted on Dec 15, 2010 at 6:34 AM  |  reply

& yay for kindle editions!!!

2. Merideth
    posted on Dec 15, 2010 at 7:54 AM  |  reply

You crack me up girl! Love you!

3. posted on Dec 15, 2010 at 8:12 AM  |  reply

It happens…

4. Grace W.
    posted on Dec 15, 2010 at 8:31 AM  |  reply

Napoleon Dynamite reference, for the win!

5. Brooke
    posted on Dec 15, 2010 at 12:04 PM  |  reply

That’s Kip’s song to Lafawnduh!

6. posted on Dec 15, 2010 at 3:08 PM  |  reply

You crack me up…..i love technology too..and little ROCK ROCKS…

7. Maddie
    posted on Dec 15, 2010 at 10:45 PM  |  reply

Both of my daughters are getting Nooks for Christmas and I am getting each of them a digital copy of your book. It will be the very first book that goes onto their e-readers because I think you have something important and God-inspired to say to them. So thank you in advance for helping me to give them a meaningful and lasting gift this year. They’re also getting books from John Piper, Mark Driscoll, and Alex and Brett Harris. Did you ever imagine a time when, as an author, your name would be mixed in with those? Congratulations on this long overdue dream come true. I believe that this is only the beginning of all that God has planned for your life. As Chris Rice once wrote, “Run the earth but watch the sky” Annie. He is on the move and you are a part of the “Big Story” that He is planning to “tell” this generation. I pray you let that be your reason for feeling excited about each and every day you live beyond today. I look forward to watching it all unfold and learning my own lessons through yours along the way.

8. Laura S.
    posted on Dec 16, 2010 at 4:53 PM  |  reply

OMgosh!!! Napoleon Dynamite!! My favorite movie!! I also really want a Kindle. . .but I cannot get one. . .well, until i have enough money$$!