11 things for 2011.

on January 3, 2011 in AnnieWrites, Nash-livin', Scotland with 18 comments by

1. How much do you love Annie Parsons? I. KNOW. Me too.

2. I leave for Scotland in exactly 2 weeks. People keep asking me if I have a list of what to pack or a long list of things to complete before I go. And I keep saying no. Which is concerning. If other people think I should have a list, does that mean I should have a list?

3. Also. When I wrote that post about Scotland, I thought I left on the 19th. When I checked my itinerary, I realized I actually leave on the 17th. Good thing I checked.

4. I saw The King’s Speech last night. And please, do yourself a favor a see it. It is rated R because he says the F-word a lot. But no nudity or violence. Absolutely fantastic movie that I’m ready to see it again. Beautiful acting. Colin Firth and Geoffrey Rush, bravo.

5. Afterwards, my friends and I went to dinner and we talked about “2011: The Year of ____“. I gave a boring [but truthful] answer about how I want it to be the year where I read the Bible, the year where I get to know God better, the year I set aside time to fast and pray. I have lots of questions swirling in my mind and I don’t want to find the answers as much as I just want to know the One with the answers.

[Which, by the way, I am going to read the Bible this year for realz. I’ve printed off this Bible Reading Plan that has 25 days per month, so that you have 5 days to be a slacker. Right. Up. My. Alley.]

6. Outside of those things, I have no clue what 2011 holds. I have bubbles of excitement in my belly about it, but I don’t know how to make eloquent words out of that, so take it as you will.

7. I literally cannot believe that I am running [“running”] a half-marathon on March 5. What doesn’t kill me will make me stronger, I know. I just think it may actually kill me.

8. When I think about 2010, I smile. I am grateful. [Maybe because I didn’t have to run 13.1 miles in 2010? Yeah, that’s part of it.]

9. I absolutely love the Cowart family. Like, so so much. So to be at a wedding on NYE with them was sweet. Every time I look at this picture I think, “Downs. You are a lucky girl.” [You can say “blessed” if “lucky” ruffles your feathers… you know what I mean.]

10. People keep asking me how I’m going to continue to “market” my book. Um, here’s my plan. Ready? I’m going to trust that if you guys like the book, you will tell someone else. I have some giveaways and guest posts and articles and the like, but the real win is if you like it enough to tell your people. Okay? Thanks.

[Quick reminder: Leader’s Guide comes out on Friday! Totally free download- even if you haven’t purchased the book yet, you can have the Leader’s Guide.]

11. I have a handful of emails to reply to that were sent over the Christmas holiday. If one was yours, fear not. A well-deserved reply is coming today! [Public inbox accountability? Check.]

—–

Catch me up, friends! What’s been the highlight of your 2011 so far? Or… do you have an answer for “2011: The Year of ______”? I’d love to hear it!

1. posted on Jan 03, 2011 at 4:55 AM  |  reply

Hey Annie,

I wasn’t kidding about visiting. It’s just a short hop south from Scotland!! Consider it, please!

2011 is the year of GOING DEEPER for me!

2. Jay LeCroy
    posted on Jan 03, 2011 at 6:25 AM  |  reply

I already celebtated my Bailey’s 2nd birthday on Jan 2nd! I reminded of God’s love every time I look at her!

3. posted on Jan 03, 2011 at 7:53 AM  |  reply

#7 made me laugh. I will pray for you, though. I can’t imagine.

I LOVE that picture of you with the Cowarts. Absolutely beautiful.

I’m going to incorporate the teaching of the hymns into our school days. I want my youngest to know them and the only way to do that is to study the history, sing them and learn them. So it’s 2011: The Year of Hymns.

I hope you’ll experience the Lord like never before, Annie.

4. Merideth
    posted on Jan 03, 2011 at 7:55 AM  |  reply

I need to check out that bible plan you mentioned. It sounds right up my alley too. Well, I’m hoping the year of 2011 is the year of change for me. Moving forward with some things in my life, and closer to the life I’ve dremt of for years. Also, to steal from someone above, a year for going deeper. Deeper with God, in my relationships with others, and knowing myself on a deeper level. I’m praying for a better 2011 than 2010(and 2009 and 2008. The last few years have been rough. What can I say.). I wish I could be packed in your luggage for Scotland. I’ll be praying for you, though. OH,and you are a very lucky lady, Annie.

5. posted on Jan 03, 2011 at 8:15 AM  |  reply

Well, a little because of you and a little because of me, 2011 is the year of Art. So thanks for that. I quote you here today.

6. Shana
    posted on Jan 03, 2011 at 8:21 AM  |  reply

Love you Annie! I hope your 2011 is amazing! The Bible reading plan looks great. It even has boxes to check off as you go- I love that!!

7. ~VA~
    posted on Jan 03, 2011 at 9:55 AM  |  reply

I love that idea of 2011 being the year of reading the Bible more!! 🙂

Considering I got sick last March and never fully got over it I would love if 2011 became the year of being healthy again…not so sure if that will happen or not…

More realistically, I want 2011 to be the year low stress…although that could be a lofty goal as well since I have one particular grade that is stubbornly hanging out about 30% below where it should be…

8. posted on Jan 03, 2011 at 1:06 PM  |  reply

2011 is the year of Joshua 1:7 and I’m excited about it 🙂

9. Son
    posted on Jan 03, 2011 at 1:46 PM  |  reply

This year holds about a million questions marks for me. I can’t put my finger on the specifics quite yet.

I do have the sudden urge to go with you to Scotland. Doable???? 😉

10. Anne
    posted on Jan 03, 2011 at 1:56 PM  |  reply

I love what you have named your year! What a great pursuit!

For me, 2011 will be the year of love. Love is fundamental to the Christian faith, and I feel that I haven’t been loving others well lately. I want first to know and love God better and to love others as I love myself. It will be difficult, I’m sure, but I think most worthwhile pursuits are.

Best wishes in 2011, Annie!

11. posted on Jan 03, 2011 at 3:00 PM  |  reply

Sheesh. I love you, too.

2011 is going to be a big one for you, Annie Downs. Cannot wait to see what unfolds.

12. posted on Jan 03, 2011 at 10:07 PM  |  reply

Highlights thus far?

* Getting to watch passion 2011 live streaming on the internet and hearing fantastic messages from the likes of Francis Chan and John Piper.

* Going to Colonial Williamsburg for the morning just to walk and take photographs (I’m a nerd, but I love it!), 🙂

13. posted on Jan 03, 2011 at 10:22 PM  |  reply

That thing about not knowing the answers but the One who does? That’s kinda sorta my basic thing that finally made sense in 2010. And that alone was huge.

2011 is the year of Wholeness for me, for about a trillion reasons, for which there isn’t room in this comment box or on this page to tell. But, it’ll be good. I know it.

And, um, your 13.1? Awesome sauce.

14. posted on Jan 03, 2011 at 10:25 PM  |  reply

This is the year of praying: “what God do you want me to do?” I have come to realize that I wrestle with God over all the heartache in this dim world,yet barely lift a finger. So this year I am praying ’til He answers. Apathy gives way to excuses..love leads to action. Cheers to 2011!!

15. posted on Jan 03, 2011 at 11:35 PM  |  reply

I love your number 5! It is not a boring answer AT ALL! It is my wish for 2011 as well.

16. posted on Jan 04, 2011 at 12:38 PM  |  reply

I’ve heard so many good things about “The Kings Speech”! I really hope to see it soon. Loved reading your list.

17. posted on Jan 05, 2011 at 2:29 PM  |  reply

Oh, yes, I love all Annies! That Parsons is one of my faves.

So, I would LOVE to say that for me, 2011 is the year of our ADOPTION, but I’m not sure the husband is quite ready for that. Praying…

Happy New Year, Annie Downs!

18. posted on Jan 05, 2011 at 8:30 PM  |  reply

Annie, my travel advice to you is to pack lightly. I’m talking one carry-on. You can do it! Find clothes like the Travelers Collection at Chico’s. Buy black and use scarves and cardigans for variety. It’s so not about the clothes. It’s about the people, and they won’t care what you wear.