@BradWomack, I hope you are real.

on February 23, 2011 in Ze Bloggy Goodness with 20 comments by

I love The Bachelor.

I hope you do too. [Otherwise, this post is going to be daunting for you.]

For starters, I like all the girls that are left. Emily is the cutest and she used to live here in Nashville apparently and the whole of her Nash-life adores her. [I love rumors.] Ashley is cute, but she’s a goner. Let’s be honest. Chantal is my personal favorite because I think she is treating this like she would any relationship- I think what you see is what you get and I like that in a girl.

[That sounds creepy. I mean, I like that in a girl when she is on The Bachelor. For me personally, I like that in a boy. I like boys.]

Speaking of boys, I almost passed out when @BradWomack started following me on twitter. And I forwarded the email to my Bachelor-watching pals and said, “Um. YOU ARE NOT GOING TO BELIEVE THIS!”

I took some screen shots. Because it is not every day that THE BACHELOR! follows you on twitter.

[And oh sheesh. I’m just realizing that I cleaned off my desktop yesterday and threw away those screen shots. That is annoying.]

Now you are never going to believe me. But I promise- I was one of the first 50 people that he followed.

My Bach-friend said, “Oh, he must have become a Christian so he wants to follow other Christians.”

To which I said, “You are a sweet sweet lamb and that is not at all how it goes.”

Here’s my thoughts: I tweeted about watching four episodes of The Bachelor on Saturday. [Because I am dedicated and focused and I was out of the country for four weeks and knew that there were some pressing matters I needed to take care of when I came home. Like watching The Bach.] And @BradWomack started his twitter account on the same day. So he probably just searched “The Bachelor” and found me, followed me, hoping that I would follow back.

Or.

He found me and thinks we would be great friends.

Or.

He searched for single girls in their 30s [barely] in case he doesn’t pick anyone and needs another round of ladies.

Or.

We are actually real life friends so it makes total sense for him to follow me and read my tweets. [I wish.]

Or.

@BradWomack isn’t the REAL Brad Womack. [That’s what Chris Harrison says- that none of the girls or Brad are on twitter.]

No matter.

The thrill is still there, even if the screen shots aren’t.

But if you look through who @BradWomack is following, you’ll totally see me on this list. And I have kept my fingers crossed constantly that this is really him and that at some point, we might actually be friends.

[Sue me. I think he would be fun to hang out with. In a totally non-dating way. Seriously. I don’t want him to give me a rose. Ever.]

Let’s chat.

Do you watch The Bachelor?

Who do you hope he picks? [Don’t reveal spoilers!!! Just reveal your strongest opinions.]

Who do you think will be the next Bachelorette?

1. posted on Feb 23, 2011 at 11:17 AM  |  reply

I don’t watch The Bachelor (just too much drama for me), but I appreciate this post simply for this statement:

You make me laugh Annie Downs. You make me laugh. 🙂

2. posted on Feb 23, 2011 at 11:32 AM  |  reply

I love the Bachlor! So I totally get your entire post :o) I wrote one a while back and didn’t post it but may have to go edit and post just for you ;o)

As for deleting the screen shots, did you empty your recycle bin? If not they are probably still in there.

3. posted on Feb 23, 2011 at 11:32 AM  |  reply

against my better judgement… i watch. i honestly think it would be more fun to invite lots o ladies over, pour lots o wine and mute the volume and do our own dialogue. like funnest thing ever.
    emily is too sweet. sort of like that cute little blonde thing a few years back. sadie. too sweet and adorable for brad… or for the bachelorette. i just don’t see him going for the insta-daddy thing.
    i think shawntal (or however you spell it) will win. ashley is adorable, but i don’t think entirely brad’s type. i like how “real” S is and i could see them together. based on how great she slaps she could be his bouncer.
    it’s good to see, too, a “larger” woman in the mix. they’re not all size 2s. so that’s my take.
    i don’t see @bradwomack being snarky enough to keep up with you on twitter.
    just sayin.

4. posted on Feb 23, 2011 at 11:33 AM  |  reply

I LOVE the Bachelor and I have really liked this season! There hasn’t been too much craziness and he seems pretty genuine on T.V. Plus, is it just me but was it not ubber attractive when he was meeting all the parents – he was so charming and respectful! All the girls that are left are pretty great. It is hard to decide who he should pick between Emily and Chantal because they both have strong connections. Emily and Brad look like Barbie and Ken – just throwing that out there!

5. posted on Feb 23, 2011 at 11:39 AM  |  reply

HAHA! I love this post. And, I love the Bachelor. Best reality show ever.

I think he’ll pick Chantal & that Emily will be the next Bachelorette. Calling it now. 🙂

6. posted on Feb 23, 2011 at 12:17 PM  |  reply

i’m bbaaaaaccckkk! :o) i DO watch the bachelor…it’s like a bad train wreck….it’s greusome, but i can’t look away! it is a lot of drama and i don’t think i could ever do it, but i dunno, i don’t smoke, i don’t drink, it’s one of just a few vices….lol hope to come by more often!!

7. posted on Feb 23, 2011 at 1:03 PM  |  reply

You are so funny! I’m glad you’re back. Can’t help with The Bachelor. I don’t watch it. I know. I’m old.

8. posted on Feb 23, 2011 at 1:19 PM  |  reply

my roommates and i are pulling for emily, though i’m not quite sure if he’ll actually pick her. either way it’s adorable how nervous she makes him.

9. posted on Feb 23, 2011 at 1:21 PM  |  reply

i love when you talk the bachelor (:

i started watching last year when i moved to another state and one of the girls at my new church invited me to her house to a viewing par-tay and i figured it would be a good way to get to know some totally non-shallow ladies 😛 ha, but it’s become one of my favorite things to do now!

the drama! the tears! the exotic locations! the rose ceremony dresses!

i am a huge fan of emily, but could see him settling down more with chantal. the girl seems real, yo.

10. Erin
    posted on Feb 23, 2011 at 1:24 PM  |  reply

Annie! He is kind of lame, you definitely have cooler friends than him right now. Emily is the best, but I’d say she’s too good for him.

11. posted on Feb 23, 2011 at 1:50 PM  |  reply

This makes me so happy.

If you and Brad ever become friend in real life, here’s what I’ll need to know, does he always sound like he’s reading off cue cards?

12. Dana
    posted on Feb 23, 2011 at 1:54 PM  |  reply

The Bachelor is awesome! God created an awesome speciman when He made Brad…but…he’s kinda boring. I like my man to have some spunk and passion. That’s why Chantal O. is the best for him because she brings the spunk to the table. I’m pretty sure that if he picked Emily, they would just sit and stare and remark about how pretty they are.

13. posted on Feb 23, 2011 at 6:37 PM  |  reply

Love the show!
    I really like Emily because she is so sweet and her story is so heartbreaking. But I think Chantal is who Brad will end up with because they seem to have the better relationship. Maybe Emily will be the next bachelorette,I really want her to find a husband but I don’t want her away from little Rikki again.

14. posted on Feb 23, 2011 at 7:21 PM  |  reply

This is actually the first season I haven’t watched!! Now…I’m wishing I would. And the fact that HE IS FOLLOWING YOU ON TWITTER? That just means that YOU, my dear, are A-MAZING. 🙂

15. posted on Feb 23, 2011 at 7:45 PM  |  reply

I definitely watch The Bachelor! It’s nice to shut off my mind for a couple of hours. I’m not rooting for anyone in particular- I’m (don’t shoot me) not really a fan of the final ladies, for various reasons. Now part of this is because I follow Reality Steve’s blog and know all kinds of dirt on the finalists that is conveniently not revealed on the show. The other part is that it’s tough watching all that insecurity come out all the time! Still, I love the show and I think it’s great that either a real or fake Brad is following you on Twitter. It’s a good story at the very least!

16. Emily
    posted on Feb 23, 2011 at 7:48 PM  |  reply

I LOVE The Bachelor! Every season, I say I’m not going to dedicate the time (and ahem, emotional investment) to watch it, but it just sucks me right in! I too think Chantal is best for Brad. I like that she seems real, emotions and all. I like Emily, but I have a feeling she’s too hesitant for him…and he seems hesitant with her too. Anyway, happy to see this on your blog today! My vote is for Chantal!

17. Tricia
    posted on Feb 23, 2011 at 11:19 PM  |  reply

I started watching it a couple episodes in and I’ve always liked Chantal best. I don’t think Brad is ready for an instant family. Plus Ashley has got too much ahead of her to be ready for a family any time in the near future.

18. posted on Feb 24, 2011 at 7:34 AM  |  reply

This is the first season I’ve ever watched and I definitely like Emily the best!

19. posted on Feb 24, 2011 at 10:57 PM  |  reply

Love this post! I’m glad to know I’m not the only one that gets really excited when someone I like follows me on twitter for whatever reason they choose to do so. 🙂

20. posted on Feb 25, 2011 at 7:39 PM  |  reply

Lie here on the embalming table and then pick me? #poorchoiceofactivitiestodowithahotguy