From Head to Foot :: Update

on March 14, 2011 in I heart books., Westbow Press with 10 comments by

It’s been a few weeks [maybe even months?] since we talked about the fact that I wrote a book and you can read that book.

This blog is not about my book. But the blog and that book have the same author and there could be a chance that you are new here and don’t know that I wrote a book.

Hi. I’m Annie. I wrote From Head To Foot.

How are things going? Well, as you know, I self-published with Westbow Press. And it was a super good decision. I have really enjoyed working with them from the beginning. The only problem has been getting statistics and sales numbers now that the book is out.

And if I had a dollar for every time someone asked, “How many books have you sold?” I would be able to wallpaper my house with miniature portraits of George Washington.

Meaning, I still don’t know an EXACT number, but I know that there are some traditional publishers who have shown some interest in possibly picking up the book. [tiny squeal]

That is only a tiny squeal because the truth of the matter is

1. no one is offering me a book contract right now
  2. I’m not even sure I’d want one if they did [more emphasis on dinner… thanks Seth Godin]

It’s more of a tiny squeal knowing that people have connected with the book enough that it has garnered some attention from companies who pay writers to connect with people. That’s more of the reason for the squeal. So tiny squeal all you want because it is exciting that God is using this book in some small ways. It’s fun.

Anyways, here are few things you may want to know about the book:

–> You can buy From Head to Foot here on Amazon.

–> If you have bought it and read it, would you mind writing a short and sweet [or not sweet, your prerogativereview on Amazon? It makes a HUGE difference.

–> If you are leading a small group of girls this semester, over the summer, or in the fall, there is a Leader’s Guide available for free. [Scroll down and you’ll see where to put in your email address so we can email it to you.]

–> You might not know this, but I’ve been making a video for each chapter of the book for small groups. So you can see those on the FHTF YouTube page.

–> I have a AnnieBlogs facebook page. Will you like me?

Here’s another great question people keep asking me- “What is your next book?” And when people ask me that I kinda giggle and then I cry and then I start to sweat and then I pass out on the floor.

Meaning, I have some ideas but haven’t really started writing anything significant. So if you have any ideas of a book you’d like me to write, throw your idea in the hat.

And by “hat” I mean “comment box” because I actually don’t wear a lot of hats.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a very exciting week here on the blog, including some awesome news from Mocha Club and my dear pal Matt Wertz and some Scotland talk and some pictures and some chats about ice cream because I love it.

Phew. That is more than enough for your Monday. See you tomorrow.

1. posted on Mar 14, 2011 at 6:37 AM  |  reply

Annie,

Why would Amazon only let me buy three?

2. posted on Mar 14, 2011 at 9:33 AM  |  reply

Hi Annie! I started reading your book, but my busy life got in the way. See, I don’t normally read much anyway, so it’s an effort for me to find the time. Just want you to know that I do intend to finish it and write a SWEET review! Then, I’m giving it to my almost-14-year-old. Well, she’ll be 14 before I finish… Please have patience with me! God bless.

3. Annie
    posted on Mar 14, 2011 at 10:00 AM  |  reply

@ elizabeth: It’s weird- I don’t know why Amazon does that, but it does. Hope it didn’t mess you up. :/

@ annie: No worries, girl. Take your time. 🙂

4. posted on Mar 14, 2011 at 4:23 PM  |  reply

You can get it through Dayspring as well right? I had it in my line there for things to buy (or so I thought)

• posted on Mar 18, 2011 at 12:16 PM  |  reply

@Leanna, Yes! It will be available from Dayspring! 🙂

5. posted on Mar 16, 2011 at 2:59 PM  |  reply

You’re kind of a badass.

6. posted on Mar 17, 2011 at 11:43 AM  |  reply

Just bought! I cannot wait to read this!

7. posted on Mar 18, 2011 at 8:44 AM  |  reply

I hear what you’re saying, but just because Seth Godin does not need a publisher to sell more than a thousand copies does not mean other authors would not benefit greatly from a traditional publishing relationship.

People need to encounter your book in as many ways as possible–including in bookstores. Traditional publishers can make that happen better than anybody.

So while I am a huge advocate of self-publishing, I also recommend that the authors that can make the transition to traditional publishing do so as soon as possible.

Pete Nikolai
    WestBow Press, a division of Thomas Nelson

P.S. We are following your sales and your buzz

• posted on Mar 18, 2011 at 12:29 PM  |  reply

@Pete Nikolai, Pete, great to hear from you! Thanks for your thoughts. It’ll be interesting to see how this journey plays out. 🙂 It’s been a blast working with Westbow so far, though. I’m the president of Richard Robertson’s fan club- he’s the best!!

8. posted on Mar 20, 2011 at 10:48 PM  |  reply

I haven’t read your book yet but my teen daughter is currently reading it. We have had lots of good conversations that start with “Mom, you know the Head to Foot, all of you living all for Him, book…” She is really enjoying the book. Thanks for ministering to the heart of my sweet teen girl!