Smile and Link, Wednesday.

on April 27, 2011 in (in)courage, Smile, Wednesday with 20 comments by

Kinda like “smile and wink” – get it?

Of course you do.

The main picture I have for today is something that my co-worker Jeff did without my permission. We like to call her Bald Annie.

If that doesn’t make your Wednesday better, I don’t know what will.

And I’ll tell you this. If I ever go bald right in the middle front of my head, I am totally growing my hair long like this. So prep yourself.

Here are some links that I think are awesome:

My dear pal Steve Moakler is a dreamer [and an incredible musician, by the way]. He’s brave and smart and he’s starting something new called Free The Birds. You can watch him explain it here and read more about it here.

I wanna be like Steve.

Also.

My sweet friend Stephanie Bryant did an interview with me about self-publishing. Check it out.

Speaking of, did you know I wrote a book and you can buy it on Amazon?

And if you have read it, will you review it on Amazon? That would be super cool of you.

A few weeks ago, I shared with you a seriously hard season I was pressing into and begging to get out of. I also wrote an article about it on (in)courage called Just Breathe. Thanks for giving me the courage to share more deeply about that time.

And finally, why would I ever make a face like that at Shelby? Sheesh. I was out of control at Easter lunch apparently.

. . . . . . . . . .

Well, I smiled and linked at you. Link back at me! [Still rocking that link/wink joke. Nice, huh?]

What’s cool out there on the internet that I should be reading or seeing or watching or hearing? [Also feel free to link to your own blog here if there is a post you think we would love.]

1. Tay
    posted on Apr 27, 2011 at 12:33 AM  |  reply

Those two pictures not only make me smile…they make me laugh!

Ok, one blog I have recently FALLEN IN LOVE WITH (!) is Emily Freeman’s blog called Chatting at the Sky. Amazing. There are no words to describe it!

Another blog I love is Ginger Ciminello’s {I hope I spelled her name right!}. As a teen girl, it is so awesome to have a blog that is so real and so relevant in my life!!

2. Carolyn
    posted on Apr 27, 2011 at 2:56 AM  |  reply

I have just comefrom your post @ (in)courage, thank you for sharing your heart, you gave me such encouragement, my lil girl (just 4) is sick & I am really struggling- with fear, frustration & emotions.
    Each test & pain she endures I tell her, “breathe babygirl breathe,” even when I don’t feel I can take another one in without weeping.
    Your words “I will keep breathing. I won’t give up. Just because I’m fighting doesn’t mean I’m losing” are such an anthem for me right now, I so needed to read this today. Thank you sweet sister
    In His Grace xx

• Annie
      posted on Apr 29, 2011 at 6:07 PM  |  reply

@Carolyn, Thank you. So sweet to hear from you. Hope you stick around! 🙂

3. posted on Apr 27, 2011 at 5:23 AM  |  reply

That picture is kinda scary. Just a little.
    Have I shared Wendy’s blog at almotaroses.com? Beautiful photography and sweet family. I love the feel of it. Adrienne (Noah Steven’s mom) started a new blog http://2ndgradecloseteater.blogspot.com/ about her struggle with body image that sounds like she’s read my diary.

And I know I don’t have to ask, but have you watched Carrie singing “How Great Thou Art” over and over again? Gives me chills every single time.

• Annie
      posted on Apr 29, 2011 at 6:08 PM  |  reply

@Southern Gal, I agree- that picture is weird.

Carrie + Vince makes me bawl. So beautiful.

4. posted on Apr 27, 2011 at 6:31 AM  |  reply

Now Tom Downs knows what he would look like if he were a girl.

5. posted on Apr 27, 2011 at 7:51 AM  |  reply

I love your posts. They never disappoint!

I actually just wrote a post and mentioned a favorite song of mine.
    Check it out!

6. posted on Apr 27, 2011 at 8:36 AM  |  reply

i’m quite in love with mr. steve moakler. very jealous of your friendship.

also- long time blog reader, first time commenter. nice ta meet cha. 🙂

• Annie
      posted on Apr 29, 2011 at 6:08 PM  |  reply

@kelsey, glad to hear from you!!! All I had to do was mention Steve and you came out of hiding? Awesome. 🙂

Hope to hear from you again soon! 🙂

7. posted on Apr 27, 2011 at 10:18 AM  |  reply

I just read your post on (in)courage – and I guess that is exactly what we are doing – being in courage with Christ.

I will pray for you – for the Spirit to fill you with joy as you go through this trying time. May you breathe the breath of God each time you inhale. May His Spirit fill you up as you go through your day.

And I do believe when we pray – God answers. Here is a blog post called: Jesus is the way – pray http://jancoxabetterway.wordpress.com/2011/04/06/jesus-is-the-way-so-pray/
    And I also write at Under the Cover of Prayer where I posted: God can hear our prayers http://underthecoverofprayer.wordpress.com/2011/03/04/god-can-hear-our-prayers/

8. posted on Apr 27, 2011 at 2:00 PM  |  reply

Hey girl – here’s a column I wrote in Relevant Magazine a while ago about Perfectionism – I think it could have some ties to your post at (in)courage. Life is just hard sometimes, isn’t it?

9. posted on Apr 27, 2011 at 4:56 PM  |  reply

ME: Hey girls! Come look at this picture of Miss Annie.
    SADIE: (very calmly) She cutted her hair. Her hair is all off.
    ELLA: hahahahaha! Is that for real??
    ME: no, it’s pretend
    SADIE: I want her to babysit us. Tell her that.

10. posted on Apr 27, 2011 at 5:20 PM  |  reply

This is creepy. Not just cause I’ve never seen you bald, but because I posted a kind of reverse bald annie with Nick Cage today.

Laughed so hard I thought I was gonna die.

Dare ya: http://www.bradhuebert.wordpress.com

11. posted on Apr 27, 2011 at 7:32 PM  |  reply

I love your blog…
    and your articles in Susie magazine…

this would be my blog:

(I think the older ones are funnier personally…)

12. posted on Apr 28, 2011 at 10:07 AM  |  reply

Hi Annie! Guess what? I also have a “bald Annie” photo of myself. From Disneyland. I will have to scan it for you – you will die (not really, I hope, but you’ll laugh, at least).

These are two amazing blogs I’ve come to love:

and

13. posted on Apr 28, 2011 at 10:39 AM  |  reply

thank you for your (in)courage post… I am just starting to come out of my ‘dark days’, and didn’t even realize all the lies I was accepting and living with. It’s nice to know that I’m not alone. 🙂

and my blog lives here: http://nashvillejen.wordpress.com

• Annie
      posted on Apr 29, 2011 at 6:09 PM  |  reply

@Jennifer, Praying for you today.

14. murray