Sweet CeCe’s $16 Challenge

on May 3, 2011 in video blogs with 35 comments by

Before you watch this video, I need to tell you a few things:

– I do not know why my voice is so raspy or why my laugh is so ridiculously noise-less. I’m usually [proudly] a loud laugher. But something is a little askew with my voice.

– Let me introduce the cast of characters:

• Adam : competitor
  • Annie: you know me
  • Lyndsay: cute blonde, interviewer and part-time camerawoman, you know her [ALSO- today is Lyndsay’s birthday!!! Yay!]
  • Laura: lovely red-headed spitfire, bless her heart she has to live with me
  • Nichole: dark-headed beauty
  • Graham: quiet, lovely, blonde, and one friend that I will proudly say did NOT help Adam
  • Jami: cute blonde whose loud laugh makes me jealous [and she’s the one who asks to be called “Lady Justice” at 2:46]

– We love Sweet CeCe’s and we love how much they loved this competition.

– The beautiful music in the background is [of course] the dear Mandy Mann.

– Our friendship is always this awesome.

. . . . . . . . . .

[hey subscribers- just in case you can’t see it, there is a video here. So click on over a get your 5 minutes of giggles for today.]

. . . . . . . . . .

Is FroYo all the rage in your neck of the woods like it is here?

My normal concoction is red velvet yogurt with oreos. What’s yours?

1. posted on May 03, 2011 at 5:50 AM  |  reply

Oh, he was so close! Were you sweating it? You should have videotaped how much he had to throw away.

Our one and only yogurt shop closed years ago so no FroYo here. If I’m in the big city I always go for Cold Creamery ice cream. Your concoction sounds wonderful.

2. Rebecca
    posted on May 03, 2011 at 6:17 AM  |  reply

Thanks for the laugh! Competitions like this are so much fun, especially if you win! Frozen yogurt is a huge deal in Savannah right now. I hear some version of “I think I have to have some taro (yogurt) right now!” from my husband on a regular basis!

3. Katie BE
    posted on May 03, 2011 at 6:42 AM  |  reply

15.09 HAHAHAHA. Lydia and I just watched this and both laughed outloud. Made our week. I’m so proud of Adam for challenging you. But victory is yours. You win, you always win. And pun stuff.

• Annie
      posted on May 04, 2011 at 9:56 PM  |  reply

@Katie BE, You loved my victory, right? πŸ™‚

4. posted on May 03, 2011 at 8:04 AM  |  reply

This is totally something my kids would do … made me laugh.

No FroYo here in Minneasota. We have a few TCBY (which I think stands for Twin Cities Best Yogurt) As for me, I’m an ice cream fan but only in our short 3 months of summer.

5. posted on May 03, 2011 at 8:29 AM  |  reply

the real question (and perhaps the real challenge) is: did he eat it all?

• Annie
      posted on May 04, 2011 at 9:57 PM  |  reply

@holly, More than you want to know. So gross.

6. Merideth
    posted on May 03, 2011 at 8:30 AM  |  reply

Love it! Definitely made me laugh. I of course can’t see what was going on, but you all sounded like you were having so much fun! Sometimes, Annie, your blog posts make me want to move to Nashville! OH, and good choice for the background music.

7. posted on May 03, 2011 at 8:47 AM  |  reply

This made my day! Thanks for posting πŸ™‚

8. posted on May 03, 2011 at 10:29 AM  |  reply

thank you for revealing to me the number one reason that i wish we were next-door-neighbors.

ps. nikki just moved in with us. we were folding laundry and trying to find your folding a fitted sheet video. we really could’ve used some annie wisdom right about then…

9. posted on May 03, 2011 at 10:41 AM  |  reply

That is a tummy ache full of yogurt. He was so close!

We have MYO yogurt out here. It’s a very similar set up. I usually get the sweet tart yogurt with mashed cherries, mochi, and coconut.

Oh, dear. And now I have a craving.

And also, you, Annie, are the prettiest thing ever.

• Annie
      posted on May 04, 2011 at 10:00 PM  |  reply

@~ calista ~, OMG. You are so sweet. Thank you.

Also, he was close. But not close enough. πŸ™‚

10. posted on May 03, 2011 at 11:06 AM  |  reply

My favorite was the comment about America loving obesity. Ha. Great video… πŸ™‚

11. posted on May 03, 2011 at 12:40 PM  |  reply

that’s one way to get some free froyo.

I’m new to your blog, Annie, but loving it.

Break time at work = how many blogs can I read instead of grading papers?

So we just got some froyo equivalents here in Taiwan where I live – they are heavy on the fruit and sadly lacking in the extra good stuff, i.e. cookie dough.

But I’ll take it. It doesn’t seem to have caught on with the Taiwanese quite yet – they sorta have a cold food phobia. That’s ok – I’ll eat enough to make up for them.

• Annie
      posted on May 04, 2011 at 10:00 PM  |  reply

@Rachel Marie, So glad to hear from you!

Glad you are enjoying the blog and the video!

Hope to hear from you again soon. πŸ™‚

12. Damsel in Distress
    posted on May 03, 2011 at 1:26 PM  |  reply

Is Adam single? So cute…

• Annie
      posted on May 04, 2011 at 10:02 PM  |  reply

@Damsel in Distress, Yep, but I gotta warn you. He has a major sweet tooth.

13. posted on May 03, 2011 at 1:57 PM  |  reply

Can I be in your next video? :)Fun Group. πŸ™‚

14. posted on May 03, 2011 at 4:25 PM  |  reply

My favorite concoction is the island banana with several spoonfuls of chocolate sprinkles, topped with almonds, and, of course, a cherry.

I really think this video could be a launch-pad for several Sweet CeCe’s games. You could do Price Is Right and guess the dollar amount before the weigh-in. Or, you could set a price ahead of time and whoever gets the closest wins. So many possibilities..

• Annie
      posted on May 04, 2011 at 10:03 PM  |  reply

@Elizabeth, I’m all over this. Great ideas.

15. posted on May 03, 2011 at 6:55 PM  |  reply

I love Damsel in Distress’s comment!

My usual combo is red velvet with Reese’s pieces, brownie bites, and whipped cream. Yum! I might have to go to Sweet Cece’s now…

• Annie
      posted on May 04, 2011 at 10:03 PM  |  reply

@Leigh, You are speaking my language.

16. Lauren M
    posted on May 03, 2011 at 7:58 PM  |  reply

Haha! This totally made me laugh! Favorite line: People root for obesity. LOL!

17. posted on May 04, 2011 at 4:23 AM  |  reply

Hahaha, this was so great! I thought for sure he was going to do it. A Sweet CeCe’s just opened here in Jackson, and I am definitely overdue for a visit!

18. posted on May 04, 2011 at 5:57 AM  |  reply

Loved the video! Couldn’t believe he almost made $16. And water ice is big in PA πŸ™‚

• Annie
      posted on May 04, 2011 at 10:04 PM  |  reply

@Cindy in PA, Water ice? Tell me more….

19. posted on May 04, 2011 at 10:05 AM  |  reply

This was all I hoped it would be and more. Hilarious.

• Annie
      posted on May 04, 2011 at 10:04 PM  |  reply

@Amanda, Booyah.

20. posted on May 04, 2011 at 11:27 AM  |  reply

okay, there is no scale for the level of awesomeness that this video contains. seriously. I was laughing so hard! I have a friend who lives in Nashville, and my sisters and myself went and visited her last year and sweet cece’s was definitely a favorite of mine. actually leaving tomorrow to head out to Nashville again, so thank you for reminding me of the glory of sweet cece’s πŸ™‚ I shall definitely be indulging again.

• Annie
      posted on May 04, 2011 at 10:05 PM  |  reply

@Hannah, Hope you have a great weekend in town. If you see me out and about, make sure to say hi!! If you see Adam at Sweet CeCe’s, challenge him- you’ll get your yogurt for free. πŸ™‚

21. posted on May 04, 2011 at 11:53 AM  |  reply

This video just made me laugh laugh laugh. SO close! I think you have some pretty awesome friends. Pretty. awesome.

We’re getting a new fro-yo shop here in town sometime soon. I had some Bops fro-yo about a month ago and it was yummmyyy! πŸ™‚

22. posted on May 05, 2011 at 3:41 PM  |  reply

I laughed so much – loved the video!

23. ashley Eicher
    posted on May 10, 2011 at 10:49 PM  |  reply

Oh my goodness. Your laugh in this video was killing me! Love 5 solid minutes of good wholesome fro yo entertainment

24. posted on Feb 27, 2013 at 3:00 PM  |  reply

[…] found out about Sweet CeCe’s from a hilarious post on Annie Blogs about a $16 yogurt challenge. Which was pretty much the best idea ever and ensured that I had to see what this Sweet […]