A crazy week.

on June 10, 2011 in Scotland with 14 comments by

I’m like the Girl Formerly Known As AnnieBlogs.

It’s been nutz around here.  Forgive my tardy-bloggy.

I had to pick a flat in Scotland to live in and to be honest, it was a tough tough decision. So that has taken up tons of my brain space. But I found one and, to ease your worries- I can walk to the church, a bank, a grocery, and a Starbucks.

[The Lord provides. Can I get an amen?]

I’m also having a yard sale tomorrow and I’ve spent this week driving around from friend’s house to friend’s house collecting their goods.

And we have got some crazy-good stuff.

I sure hope people show up to this thang. Because good gracious what am I going to do with all these awesome items if 2pm on Saturday arrives and there is still a yard full of sale things?

Yikesies.

Also, I’m speaking for a large group of girls on Sunday night, so when I’m not sorting candle holders and t-shirts from the 90s, I’m writing about identity and making a powerpoint including pictures of me from elementary school. Including but not limited to this Easter beauty.

You earned it. I haven’t blogged all week. The least I can do is give you a picture of myself in white socks and black shoes with my hand on my knee.

Because I was the bees knees in 1987. He is risen and we celebrate with 80s dresses and bunnies with bendable ears.

Anyways.

Please pray for the yard sale- pray that people come, pray that I am able to raise a good amount of money for Scotland, pray that all this jazz gets a new loving home.

**UPDATE: We made $40 more than the goal!! The Lord is so faithful! Booyah.**

Please pray for my speaking gig on Sunday- pray that the exact right words will come out of my mouth, pray that the girls hear God’s heart for them, and pray that I’ll be funny :).

Y’all have a great weekend.

1. posted on Jun 10, 2011 at 5:49 AM  |  reply

I just noticed your new button and love it. I’m hoping you won’t be the Girl Formerly Known as AnnieBlogs when you’re in Scotland. 😉

Praying for you, dear girl.

2. Patricia
    posted on Jun 10, 2011 at 7:26 AM  |  reply

I’m glad to learn I’m not the only one whose childhood included black shoes with pastel-colored dresses, under the rationale that “Black goes with everything!”

Thanks for the morning smile! 🙂

3. posted on Jun 10, 2011 at 8:01 AM  |  reply

I remember those girls! The bees knees indeed!

4. posted on Jun 10, 2011 at 10:26 AM  |  reply

I just may have to check out this yard sale. My sparkly new apartment is sadly quite empty of any ‘sparkly new-to-me’ things.

I’m pretty sure I have basically that same dress.. except I had a GIANT floppy hat to match… I’ll have to see if I can dig up that lovely memory 🙂

5. posted on Jun 10, 2011 at 11:24 AM  |  reply

Praying for you, often. Such an adventure ahead of you, Anniegirl.

Wish I were close enough to hit up that yard sale. Because of course your stuff will be just as much the bees knees as you are.

6. posted on Jun 10, 2011 at 1:24 PM  |  reply

Praying for your trip and your yard sale. If I lived there I would for sure come. Thanks for sharing how God is providing for your trip and living arrangements. It’s awesome to see how He works. Have a great day!!

7. cbed
    posted on Jun 10, 2011 at 1:36 PM  |  reply

Ummm, I love you.

8. posted on Jun 10, 2011 at 5:25 PM  |  reply

I hope the yard sale goes well! I’m on-call this weekend so I won’t be able to make it. If you’re left with leftovers, you could always have a post-yard sale. But I hope it doesn’t come to that point.

9. Sarah
    posted on Jun 10, 2011 at 6:36 PM  |  reply

Amen indeed!
    And i prayed for your yard sale that it goes well and for your speech thingy sunday night. God is always there and closer than our heartbeat. Be careful and have the most AWESOME TIME EVER across the pond!

10. posted on Jun 10, 2011 at 9:10 PM  |  reply

annie – i forgot/maybe never knew… is there a way for people to help contribute to your trip to scotland?

11. shireen eldridge
    posted on Jun 10, 2011 at 9:59 PM  |  reply

So excited for your Scotland trip…So fun!!! Also laughed at the picture. I love how Tatum is lovingly gazing into her bunny’s eyes! Y’all are too cute!

12. posted on Jun 12, 2011 at 8:49 AM  |  reply

I love your blog. I said a prayer for you. Blessings…

13. posted on Jun 13, 2011 at 10:43 PM  |  reply

i’m SO glad God provided you with Starbucks proximity and more. Excited for you!!!

14. posted on Jun 15, 2011 at 10:10 AM  |  reply

gguuurrrlll…it’s all about priorities…church AND starbucks!!!! right on!! and you were totally rockin’ that blue easter dress!!! BOOYAH!!! 🙂 congrats on the yard sale, btw!!!