I’m obsessed.

on August 23, 2011 in Ze Bloggy Goodness with 21 comments by

There are a few things I need to tell you about.

And no, I will not be talking about nail polish. [Though, there are some BEAUTIFUL colors listed in the comments of that post … if that is your thing, I highly suggest you check them out.]

First, I have to say. Pintrest. I can’t do it. I just can’t. I want to real bad. But I’m already trying to blog and get my book in lots of hands and work on a second book and answer emails and do my Mocha Club job well and cook at home and be the secretary-ish for Crossroads Church Edinburgh. Also, I watch a lot of Ally McBeal. So I just really can’t add Pintrest to my life right now.

But do you love it? Just tell me. Do you?

I mean, we’re all busy. But you fit it in your life. Convince me I can fit it in mine and I’ll give in.

I’m not a tough sell here, folks.

Anyways, for today, pretend like I love it already and this is a board of things I’m totally obsessed with right now.

1. Mat Kearney’s new album Young Love. It’s the perfect ending to a great summer. And this is my favorite song, Count on Me. It’s adorable and fun.

2. Circuit Riders podcast. YWAM, the mission-sending organization, has recently completed a teaching series for a school they put on in Kona, Hawaii called Circuit Riders. I’ve listened to about half of the teachings and they will KNOCK.YOUR.SOCKS.OFF. Namely, please listen to Ray Hughes. He’s absolutely lyrical in his teaching. Here is the link to the podcast.

3. Old Made Good in Nashville. Though I’m obviously not currently able to walk into the shop, almost daily the OMG team posts pictures on facebook of vintage furniture or art that make me drool. Including this classic pulldown map of Tennessee. I want it real bad.

4. Sodoku. I’ve loved it before, but I love it again. One of the best activities for me on the bus. Especially now that I sorta know my way around town, I don’t have to be 100% focused on the bus route. Also, my friend Adam says that it will help prevent alzheimer’s.

5. Etsy wreaths. I am DYING over these wreaths and globes on Things That We Love. I’m particularly obsessed with this vintage paper wreath.

Right? Do you love or what? AND AND AND!! You have a coupon code!

Use SUMMER25 and get 25% off your order!

Boom. Cause that’s how we roll around here.

. . . . .

Ok, so those are my current can’t quits.

Got any obsessions right now? Share on.

1. posted on Aug 23, 2011 at 5:55 AM  |  reply

Pinterest? I don’t have time either and I know I’ll be sucked in. BUT I do occasionally visit other people’s boards to see what they’ve discovered. Saves me time and I can “ooh” and “ah” over their finds. Some of the links are ah-may-zing like this one I found over the summer: http://pinterest.com/momadvice/100-days-of-summer/

Thanks for the links. And if Sudoku (and crossword puzzles) keeps you from Alzheimer’s then I’ll never get it!

2. posted on Aug 23, 2011 at 6:08 AM  |  reply

Pinterest. I caved. I downloaded the app on my phone. I am a sucker.

Mat Kearney. Love him. Love the CD. It makes me want to clap along. And swoon.

Seven Little Words- iPhone app. I’m a word nerd, and I play this little bad boy every night right before bed.

I’m sure there’s more that I’m obsessed with, but right now that’s all I can think of. Brain’s a little mushy with the start of school.

3. Amy
    posted on Aug 23, 2011 at 6:36 AM  |  reply

How weird – I hadn’t heard of Pintrest before Sunday when a friend mentioned it to me, and now you’re talking about it too! I joined the waiting list for an invite code, but apparently that can take months. : (

• Valerie
      posted on Aug 23, 2011 at 5:57 PM  |  reply

@Amy,
      I have a couple of Pinterest invites available. Send me an email at vpmsavga at gmail dot com if you’d like one. 😀

4. posted on Aug 23, 2011 at 7:16 AM  |  reply

I was totally NOT going to do pinterest either. I thought it would just make me wish I had my own apartment or home to decorate or a kitchen of my very own to cook in, or all the time in the world to sew lovely dresses from nothing. Of which I have none. However, this past weekend I was in great need of a cheap/easy way to store my big earrings, so I logged on. And by Sunday afternoon I had spray painted a cheese grater a beautiful shade of turqoise, and it was sitting on my dresser holding all of my earrings and looking totally fun and whimsical at the same time. I might be a pinterest convert.

5. posted on Aug 23, 2011 at 8:18 AM  |  reply

I only just sent a request to join Pintrest yesterday…had no idea that it could take up to months to get though…thanks Amy.

It seems like a neat idea though and I like the thought of keeping things I like that I find online in one place.

• Valerie
      posted on Aug 23, 2011 at 5:57 PM  |  reply

@Leanna,

6. posted on Aug 23, 2011 at 10:02 AM  |  reply

Pinterest. I admit that for about a week after signing on, I was obsessed. It’s a great time-waster. After a little while, I calmed down a little on the pinning. I now just browse for a bit at lunch and maybe while I’m watching TV or something in the evenings. I definitely recommend it.

7. posted on Aug 23, 2011 at 11:18 AM  |  reply

Pinterest is totally doable, even with all of life’s other demands. I use it as a way of pinning things I like while reading blog posts. It’s a great way to categorize whatever you’re loving these days, all in one convenient location. I only browse what others are pinning maybe once a week, if that, so it’s not a time suck for me. But I don’t judge you for holding off on joining.

8. posted on Aug 23, 2011 at 12:57 PM  |  reply

I am on Pinterest, but I am not as addicted as everyone told me I would be. I mainly use it as a place to bookmark things I like and don’t spend much time browsing other people’s pins. It’s hand in that way for me.

9. posted on Aug 23, 2011 at 1:00 PM  |  reply

first, jeff tells me i’m not allowed to use the word “obsessed” as much as i do. i’m so glad you’re my partner in crime in this word usage.
    second, pinterest. stay away if you can. it eats away my hours like a big hungry grizzly bear. i mean, i love it, but it. is. addicting.
    third, mat kearney. duh. ridiculous.

10. posted on Aug 23, 2011 at 1:33 PM  |  reply

I’m obsessed with Pintrest too. I just don’t follow too many people so I don’t feel the need to check it every five minutes.

I am however contemplating redoing my bedroom based on a picture I found. 🙂

11. posted on Aug 23, 2011 at 1:50 PM  |  reply

Oh PInterest. I knew I needed another thing to keep up my excellent work at procrastinating. And it will not disappoint! 🙂 I LOVE it though!

12. shireen eldridge
    posted on Aug 23, 2011 at 3:31 PM  |  reply

DO IT!!! There have been a few times when I see something and think of you! I have three kids and a full life, but I think Pinterest is making me a more creative and frugal mom and wife. Plus I am just reminded of how creative people are and how God has gifted them to come up with these ideas…so I can do them! HA! Hope your time there is good…please tell the Fraley’s hi!

13. posted on Aug 24, 2011 at 2:05 AM  |  reply

Pintrest can be very addicting. But I use it as a “virtual bookmark”. When I see things on line or on other blogs that I love it, I use the handy tool bar and “pin it”. I don’t visit Pintrest just out of boredom and find things to pin. That is were the addiction lies.

My current obsession is following blogs. I downsized my reader a few months ago and it’s back up again. I keep finding awesome blogs to follow. That is my obsession these days.

14. jennifer
    posted on Aug 24, 2011 at 1:18 PM  |  reply

Love pintrest. I just save little tidbits that I am afraid I will forget about….like the cover of that book you showed. I am afraid I will forget it and instead of having thousands of little pieces of paper floating around with mindless information, I save the pic in a file and have it for later. I don’t watch a of what other people pin….I laugh because i noticed one lady I followed pins EVERYTHING….oh my word how will she ever have time to look at it again. Maybe it’s inspiration but it just boggles my brain which is boggled enough. Gotta get on this skype thing though…I have a feeling a young lady we both know and love will be right where you are one day…..Love you, Annie. Praying for you daily.

15. Erin
    posted on Aug 24, 2011 at 3:38 PM  |  reply

I’m not joining until I’m a.) getting married or b.) own a home. Then I will allow myself, but until then I can’t make time!! And I know myself too well, it’d be all over once I joined.

16. posted on Aug 24, 2011 at 4:09 PM  |  reply

I feel like such a peer pressure-er (Come on, Annie, try it! You’ll like it!), but Pinterest actually helps me clear offf my computer desktop and my Google Reader. I used to star stuff I wanted to remember or drag recipes to my desktop. Now I pin them on my little boards and I can find them much more easily.

Could I spend hours and hours and hours looking at everyone else’s boards? Yes. Yes, I could. But finding ways to waste time has never been much of a challenge for me so that’s not altogether surprising. I just try to limit my board looking to times when I’m on hold (to make an appointment, with the Apple people or the cable people, etc.) or if I’ve set a timer for myself so I have to stop and move on to my next scheduled activity.

Anywho.

17. posted on Aug 25, 2011 at 2:08 PM  |  reply

Pinterest is amazing. I can promise you’re already doing most of it-browsing around the internet and admiring things. This is just a few more seconds to pin it to your board.

Of course, it can be a rabbit hole of amazing ideas, but that’s not too much different from the www itself, right?

Do it, do it!!

18. posted on Aug 27, 2011 at 9:09 AM  |  reply

Pinterest is the best…evvah! I gave up facebook for it 😉 Don’t miss facebook one bit. My family kinda complained but too bad…sorry but it was a social, time-sucking waste…harsh…I know. The best part about pinning is that you can simply use it as a reminder of when you come across a great item, recipe, song, book when you are reading blogs, etc. and simply pin it and when you want to find it again…BAM…IT’s right where you left it on your board and you don’t have to remember where you saved your darn rss feed previously….VISUAL aides are the best reminders inlieu of rss feeds…lol
    Hope this helps 😉