Day 12 :: A £2 mistake.

on October 12, 2011 in (in)courage, 31 Days of Courage with 6 comments by

I am an absolutely, full on, card carrying Good Girl. Of the worst kind.

And a few weeks ago, I was a total coward. I mean, a major major coward.

It only seems fair, that in a month where I am talking about courage in all of its forms, that I also talk about the days when I lack it.

And I majorly lacked it.

So I wrote about it for (in)courage.

It was only a £2 mistake. But it has cost me much more than that.

Sincerely,

Your local people pleasing coward

1. posted on Oct 12, 2011 at 5:50 AM  |  reply

Thanks so much for sharing! I think I need to read that book 🙂

2. Lynda
    posted on Oct 12, 2011 at 7:44 AM  |  reply

I never thought about it that way! That is ME!!! Thank you for putting it into words.

3. Merideth
    posted on Oct 12, 2011 at 9:41 AM  |  reply

I read your post on (in)courage, and all I can say is that you sound just like me. I have that exact same problem. I hate making mistakes, and I’m scared of making them. I’m so scared when I make them what will happen. What people will think mainly. It’s so easy to tell you all kinds of things to encourage you. Like no one is perfect, and that guy won’t stop liking you because of the apron, and you’ll drive yourself crazy if you worry about such things, and so on. It’s also so easy to see in you what an amazing person you are and how much you have to offer, and that your imperfections/mistakes don’t change that. But, it’s not so easy to tell myself that.

4. Face
    posted on Oct 13, 2011 at 6:01 AM  |  reply

Punch me in the gut. Thanks for being vulnerable. Who knows? Maybe your whole Scotland experience was designed for that moment.

5. Amy
    posted on Oct 13, 2011 at 1:36 PM  |  reply

I love this, Annie, and am reading Emily’s book for the first time, after seeing something about it on your blog. Gosh, I can so relate. Praying for you!!

6. posted on Oct 14, 2011 at 11:43 AM  |  reply

Wow. I can so relate to the “I’m not going to give them a choice” thing. I need to read Emily’s book…maybe it will be a Christmas gift idea for my family. =)