Thank you.

on November 4, 2011 in Scotland, video blogs with 11 comments by

I know I know. It’s Friday and I should have a Top 5 Friday.

But I made a video and I wanted to show you that video.

Cause it’s my bloggy and I’ll vlog if I want to… vlog if I want to… vlog if I want to.. you would vlog to if it happened to you.[That last part doesn’t make tons of sense, but I couldn’t figure out how to change the lyrics to the song… sorry.]

As always, I’m about to preface this thing to death.

1. I don’t have a high-def video camera. Sorry.

2. I know I look the same in this video as I do in this post. Same day. No shame there.

3. This really is in hopes of THANKING YOU for all your support and love during this season in Edinburgh.

4. You may have to watch it a few times to catch all the words… because of the accents. For example, Taylor says, “cause that’s what Annie needs… an ego boost.” It’s a good joke, but it may be hard for your American ears to hear. 🙂

5. I think that’s all.

Can I say it again? THANK. YOU. I feel your prayers with me constantly and your words of encouragement have helped me tough out the hard days. I am so grateful to you and for you and for this season in Edinburgh.

. . . . .

Anything else y’all wanna see before I leave Bonnie Scotland at the end of the month?

1. posted on Nov 04, 2011 at 5:32 AM  |  reply

Awesome. I see why you do what you do. You love and love well. I knew there would be tears.

I’d love to see a castle. From a distance across lovely green hills? Not the season for lovely green hills?

2. jennifer
    posted on Nov 04, 2011 at 7:57 AM  |  reply

soul stirring beauty

3. posted on Nov 04, 2011 at 8:27 AM  |  reply

you’re so cute! and thanks for showing us a typical wednesday night–really looks quite lovely and fun and full of jesus. =)

4. posted on Nov 04, 2011 at 8:31 AM  |  reply

What a beautiful video!

5. posted on Nov 04, 2011 at 8:50 AM  |  reply

What a fantastic video! Praise God for the work He is doing through you in that gorgeous amazing place! This is going to sound random, but any chance we could see photos or video of St. Giles Cathedral? I sang in a most wonderful choral concert there on a choral tour years ago…Edinburgh and St. Giles was my favorite stop in all of Great Britian…
    p.s. random question: how do you make the vlog entries? A computer program? They’re great…
    Blessings to you!

6. merideth
    posted on Nov 04, 2011 at 8:54 AM  |  reply

You are such a sweetheart Annie. The video actually made me hungry for lasagna, and it made me want to go to Scotland. Love the accents they have there. Praying you continue enjoying every minute before you leave.

7. hannah marie stevenson
    posted on Nov 04, 2011 at 11:25 AM  |  reply

I love this completely. plus. it made me really happy just hearing your voice…wait, was that a creepy thing to say? OH WELL.

8. posted on Nov 04, 2011 at 1:46 PM  |  reply

So beautiful. Those saying they loved the community of the Church… moved me to tears with the beauty of that. Such a wonderful example of what Church can be and should be.

Plus I got to hear fabulous accents always a plus in my book 😉

9. posted on Nov 04, 2011 at 3:01 PM  |  reply

ok, so *technically* you DID DO a top five friday! =) “top five things you need to know about this video i want to show you…”? right? right?! =)

10. Diane N
    posted on Nov 07, 2011 at 5:45 AM  |  reply

Great video, thanks for sharing the heart of missions and what you do. Makes it real.

11. shireen eldridge
    posted on Nov 08, 2011 at 2:44 PM  |  reply

Crying! Can I confess that I am a little jealous of your life there? First of all, you are completely surrendering your life to what God is asking of you…awesome! Secondly, you got to spend 5 months with Tom and Leigh Ann, who I think are two of the most honestly pure hearted and authentic lovers of Jesus I have ever met…super jealous! I love to see what you are doing…thanks for sharing it!