Lots of lasts.

on November 16, 2011 in Scotland with 13 comments by

These days are weird.

There seem to be lasts popping up all over Edinburgh. My last lunch at Potterrow on the University of Edinburgh campus. My last ride on Bus 23. My last coffee hang out with the girls. My last Tuesday. My last Wednesday.

Last.

Last.

Last.

Tonight is my last Gathering at Crossroads Edinburgh.

Here’s what. I don’t know how to say what I’m feeling, hence the reason this bloggy world is a little quiet on my end. I’ve been doing a lot of reading, specifically Re-Entry: Making the Transition from Missions to Life at Home.Β So hopefully all the stuff that is swirling on the inside [but staying there] has purpose and will keep me from being a total nutcase in Nashville when I’m home.

I’m not heartbreakingly devastated. I’m not crying constantly.

I’m not thrilled. I’m not excited.

I’m just quiet.

[Which, of the five options listed above, is absolutely the LEAST likely.]

So I ask for your patience and your understanding as I live in a constant flow of lasts for the next few days. Before I know it, Monday will be here and it will be my last last of Edinburgh.

There’s a season for everything, right?

[Including me being quiet. Apparently. Weird.]

1. posted on Nov 16, 2011 at 12:49 PM  |  reply

Annie, that’s a lot to process! Quiet is probably a good place to be. πŸ™‚

2. Lisa
    posted on Nov 16, 2011 at 4:05 PM  |  reply

Praying for you as you transition back home!

3. Amy
    posted on Nov 16, 2011 at 4:05 PM  |  reply

Praying for you, girl! I read that book last year, and found it helpful. πŸ™‚

4. posted on Nov 16, 2011 at 5:02 PM  |  reply

It’s ok to be quiet. Take it all in while you can…the sights, the sounds, the smells…breathe in deep and just enjoy the moment. Us bloggites will still be here for you after your period of quiet, so no worries! Praying for you as you prepare for your transition back! πŸ™‚

5. Sarah
    posted on Nov 16, 2011 at 6:51 PM  |  reply

May God hold you. Will pray for you. πŸ™‚

6. gmh
    posted on Nov 16, 2011 at 8:27 PM  |  reply

It’s the last for now. But- is it the last forever? Can you go back?

7. posted on Nov 17, 2011 at 4:07 AM  |  reply

praying for you Anya!! And I hope you don’t ride on top of the plane home holding your suitcase like the picture on that book suggests. That would be dangerous mkay.

8. Margret
    posted on Nov 17, 2011 at 12:57 PM  |  reply

Thank you, dear one (beloved of God and so many others) for showing us that all seasons are of God.

You have been an awesome blessing there, as you will be again here in the States. And the quiet you’re experiencing now will help you greatly with this transition. It is a true gift from the One who loves you unconditionally.

All of Heaven’s best,
    Margret

9. posted on Nov 17, 2011 at 1:44 PM  |  reply

with lots of last, there are sure to come lots of firsts, though, right? πŸ™‚ silver linings….

10. posted on Nov 17, 2011 at 4:39 PM  |  reply

I remember my last week in Paris was very quiet too. I just wanted to ABSORB things. Praying each last is more sweet than bitter πŸ™‚

11. Shona
    posted on Nov 18, 2011 at 12:46 PM  |  reply

I’ve found you… and you are still there in the middle of Edinburgh’s ‘lasts’. It was so good to meet my dear ones’ Annie and know for myself that you are as fab as they say!

I’ll be thinking of you and trusting that your take-off and your landing are smooth (you know, in the metaphorical sense, though literal is good too).

Blessings.

12. posted on Nov 19, 2011 at 7:36 AM  |  reply

Thinking of you. Praying for you.

13. Amy
    posted on Nov 20, 2011 at 11:32 AM  |  reply

Hey there-just wanted you to know that I am thinking of you and praying for you. Have a Sonic drink for me!! πŸ™‚