Christmas questions galore.

on December 23, 2011 in TOP 5 FRIDAY with 13 comments by

Instead of a normal Top 5 Friday today, I’d just love to hear from you! So here are the Top 5 questions I have for you. Answer one or all… I’m not the boss of you.

1. What gift do you hope to get this Christmas?

2. What gift are you excited to give this Christmas?

3. Will you go to church on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, or both? [bonus question: Does your church have services on Sunday morning? Mine doesn’t.]

4. What’s  your favorite family tradition on Christmas Day?

5. Does your family open gifts on Christmas Eve?

1. posted on Dec 23, 2011 at 6:14 AM  |  reply

1. I would love some coupons that give me help with housework or something like that. My love language is gifts of service. 😉

2. My husband doesn’t have a clue I’ve bought him a watch he asked for earlier in the year.

3. Our church has a 3:00 service on Christmas Day and regular worship service at 10:30 on Christmas morning. No Sunday school or evening service. We’re planning on going to both.

4. Usually my husband reads the Christmas story on Christmas Eve. Then on Christmas morning we open gifts and listen to Christmas music while getting ready to head out to the relatives’ homes.

5. One gift on Christmas Eve. This year my daughter is working on Christmas Day so we’ll open more than one on Christmas Eve. Traditions change sometimes.

2. posted on Dec 23, 2011 at 8:32 AM  |  reply

Christmas morning I’ll be going to a 7 a.m. service (called Julotta) at my dads church which is a little old swedish covenant church out in the middle of nowhere. Yes its early but it is so neat to see the sunrise on the drive out, to start the day off singing to Jesus, and then, to eat a delicious breakfast of traditional Swedish pastries and such.

Fave Christmas tradition happens on Christmas eve.. my brothers and I have been doing it about 8 years now. We dress up in goofy costumes (example: last year youngest brother was “walking pants”, he had safety pinned 12 pairs of jeans together and covered himself with them!) and play games and make crazy drink mixtures with juice and soda. It is a blast 🙂

Hope you have a great Christmas Annie! 🙂

3. posted on Dec 23, 2011 at 9:03 AM  |  reply

1. Im not big on gifts so I don’t really care what I get.
    2.I’m super excited to give my niece (who is 3) her big girl bike!
    3.I have 2 churches, one is having service tonight, the other Christmas morning. I’m going tonight but not Christmas.
    4.We all have breakfast together Christmas morning. 🙂
    5.When we were kids we opened one but unless we are all at my parents house we no longer do. 🙂

Where are your Answers Annie? :o)

4. posted on Dec 23, 2011 at 9:48 AM  |  reply

1. I love all gifts! Especially books & movies.
    2. I brought presents home from England this year — so even just a bag of tea is a hit 🙂
    3. Christmas Eve (my Chicago church isn’t having a Christmas Day service this year either.)
    4. Sitting around together drinking coffee with whip cream & reading the books we got each other for Christmas.
    5. Yes, gifts on Christmas Eve! Stockings on Christmas morning.

5. gmh
    posted on Dec 23, 2011 at 11:10 AM  |  reply

1. I would love a red blinkie light for the back of our tandem bike.
    2. I got my 11 year old daughter a nook and pre-loaded a devotional Bible, Little Women, and Little Pilgrim’s Progress (they are reading that in school in January). She didn’t ask for one, but I know she will think it is cool- I can’t wait to see her face when she opens it!
    3. Our church has three services this year- two on Christmas Eve and one on Christmas day. They’ll all be the same, so we choose Christmas Eve.
    4. Favorite tradition is going out for Chinese food on Christmas!
    5. Growing up, we opened gifts on Christmas Eve. Now that I have a kiddo of my own, she opts to open on Christmas morning. But she does let me sleep in, so that’s good.

A very Merry Christmas to you and yours!

6. posted on Dec 23, 2011 at 11:14 AM  |  reply

1. I love books – so any book would be a great gift.

2. I’m excited to give my teammates’ son (nephew in love) a gift that he asked for months ago and I’m not sure he remembers he told anyone he wanted!

3. We are currently in Nairobi so we will go to a Christmas eve service (my first in several years) and then to church Sunday morning too. It will be so wonderful to sing songs of praise in English!

4. My family always read the Christmas story before opening gifts and moved the Nativity figures around so they could all see Jesus clearly.

5. We always wrapped gifts on Christmas eve – late after the Christmas Eve services. We would be in different rooms and all watching TV. When I was in high school it seemed to always be playing “The Bells of St. Mary’s.” So, this year I will do the same even though my family is in the States and I am in Kenya. I made sure I had a copy of the movie when I came over so I could do it each year :).

How about you Annie???

7. posted on Dec 23, 2011 at 2:43 PM  |  reply

1. What gift do you hope to get this Christmas?
    I would love to get a GPS for my car 🙂
    2. What gift are you excited to give this Christmas? I bought this bright red Zak! measuring bowl for my mom, I think she will love it!

3. Will you go to church on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, or both? [bonus question: Does your church have services on Sunday morning? Mine doesn’t.]
    We always go to my grandmas on Christmas eve, and my church isn’t having service on Christmas either.
    4. What’s your favorite family tradition on Christmas Day?
    Our “Christmas Keish {keesh?Kishe? haha} it is what we always eat before we open presents!
    5. Does your family open gifts on Christmas Eve?
    Sometimes. My immediate family usually opens them either Christmas eve or Christmas eve eve 🙂

8. Paris
    posted on Dec 23, 2011 at 2:54 PM  |  reply

1. I’m asking for some books, movies, TOMS, and one of those super-cool-one-cup-of-coffee-in-60-seconds coffee makers. I know I’ll get the coffee maker because my dad has been wanting one!

2. I’m giving all my siblings my own framed drawings of their favorite Disney characters. Cheap and easy (:

3. Yes, my church has service on Christmas, but it’s just going to be an hour of fellowship and worship. Half of me likes going to church on Christmas, but the other half just wants to stay home in my pj’s!

4. Find the pickle in the Christmas tree! It’s a German tradition, I think (no, we’re not German haha).

5. We used to when my parents would get us all pajamas for Christmas so we could wear them to bed Christmas Eve.

9. posted on Dec 23, 2011 at 9:25 PM  |  reply

1. I was hoping to get a Keurig coffee maker for the family this year as I like coffee but I am the only one in my family that does, but my hubby and daughter like tea and hot cocoa and you can get ‘k-cups’ of all diff varieties for those, but we didn’t have the money for it. 2. I am excited to give my homemade baked goods and candies to family and friends cause I have so much fun making them for my loved ones. 3. Our church doesn’t have Christmas Eve services but we will have our regular services on Sunday

10. posted on Dec 23, 2011 at 9:27 PM  |  reply

and we will be attending them. 4. Favorite tradition is having our immediate family Christmas on Christmas Eve! (when we used to give gifts to each other 😉 ) Merry Christmas Annie God Bless!!

11. posted on Dec 24, 2011 at 11:09 AM  |  reply

1. I would really love a GPS. Going to college next year without one might be a tad tricky for this directionally-challenged girl.

2. I made my best friend a scrapbook that covers from 3rd grade to senior year. I am stoked to give it to her!

3. My church isn’t having Christmas Day services, so we will be going on Christmas Eve.

4. Snowman shaped muffins are a tradition every Christmas. They only come out on Christmas and they taste no different, but they’re tradition and I love it.

5. We open gifts from my dad’s side of the family on Christmas Eve.

12. Merideth
    posted on Dec 26, 2011 at 1:37 PM  |  reply

My mom and I go to her church for Christmas eve service. She goes to a Catholic church and they do services Christmas eve and Christmas day. We stick to Christmas eve because Christmas day is nothing special. Feels no different than a regular Sunday service. Sometimes my younger niece(Lexi) will go to church with us, but she didn’t this year.
    We open Christmas presents and stockings Christmas eve. Unless there are still kids in the family who do Santa. Then, it’s family presents Christmas eve, and Santa Christmas morning.
    One of my favorite traditions with my family is with stockings. My mom has knitted a stocking for each of us, and we all help fill each others up with stuff. For a while we drew names and whoever’s name you got that is who’s stocking you filled. But, now we each get 2 things(sometimes people do more than 2) for each person’s stocking. So, I get two things for my sister’s, 2 for my mom’s, and so on. It’s always fun to see who gets what.

13. posted on Dec 28, 2011 at 8:18 PM  |  reply

Okay, so, I’m a little late but here are my answers anyway.

1. I got it. A new camera strap from my girls.

2. Gave my girl tickets to see the Ringling Brothers circus in January….FRONT ROW!

3. We went to our church’s Christmas Day service.

4. Going to church. Then going to the in-law’s for lunch.

5. We usually open on Christmas Day, but this year we did it on Christmas Eve. It made Christmas Day a lot less hectic since we always go to the 9 am Christmas service.