I’m going to write… and tell you some other things.

on January 3, 2012 in Ze Bloggy Goodness with 18 comments by

Here are two short [not comprehensive] lists.

Some things I am good at:

– making chicken and dumplings [betcha didn’t know that.]

– cheering for my favorite team until the bitter end [The Georgia Bulldogs? Have mercy.]

– wearing a lot of glitter/sequins/sparkles [I am going to write an entire post about my NYE dress. Because it is the most beautiful thing I’ve ever owned ever and I would wear it every day if it was socially acceptable. Alas, it is not.]

Some things I am the worst at:

– keeping resolutions [read on….]

– making sweet tea [I try. I really do.]

– wearing high heels from the start of an event until the very end [I can’t and I won’t.]

. . . . .

So the fact that it is the third day of 2012 and I have only flossed 1/3 of the year when I absolutely told my dentist I would floss 365 times in 2012 does not surprise me one bit. Because something in my mind said “resolution for 2012” and something else in my brain said “nope, we don’t do those.”

[But y’all. Seriously. We should all be flossing. I’m not making an excuse for my dental behaviors, or lack thereof.]

So here’s my only plan for 2012.

I’m going to write.

[Everything else I do will be a total surprise to all of us. πŸ™‚]

. . . . .

I still feel a bit out of sorts in my Nashville life. Don’t get me wrong, I’m so happy. So so happy. I’m almost giggly. I’m staying with some dear friends while I search for a home and I can’t find that ONE BLUE DRESS in my storage unit that I want to wear and while some exciting things are happening, they make my life feel unstable… in a fun bounce house kind of way.

Which is why when GMail tried to change the way my inbox looked, I absolutely refused. I’m just in that place in my life where I need something to look just like it did in January of 2011 thank you very much. Also, the new design is totally ugly, isn’t it?

. . . . .

See these dots between topics? That’s because I have lost my ability to transition.

. . . . .

Have you seen the comments from the (in)courage post about being single? Whoa to the whoa. Y’all. Have you ever? I told my friends that I feel like I’ve gathered all these women together and now I have to stand in front of them and very dramatically say, “Thank you all for coming here today! I have no idea what to say to you!”

Kidding. I’ll figure it out. God is stirring up some things at (in)courage that we are going to share soon and it’s all very fun and interesting and wow.

. . . . .

Your prayers during this transitional period would be really sweet.

. . . . .

I’m really REALLY excited about 2012. Are you?

1. posted on Jan 03, 2012 at 6:04 PM  |  reply

I need to see a picture of the pretty dress.

I am in agreement about gmail.

The (in)courage thing was a real eye opener. I’ve never been single in my life considering I married straight out of high school and went from my parents authority straight to my husband. I feel inadequate yet so encouraged (for you) by the way those young ladies opened up.

I feel something stirring in the air for 2012, too. Can’t wait to see what it holds.

• Annie
      posted on Jan 04, 2012 at 12:28 AM  |  reply

2. posted on Jan 03, 2012 at 6:26 PM  |  reply

2012 feels full of possibilities! I don’t know the last time I felt this optimistic about a new year.

So excited to see what happens next at (in)courage. I know you’ll find the words. And if you need to bounce ideas off of someone, you know where to find me.

• Annie
      posted on Jan 04, 2012 at 12:28 AM  |  reply

Me too, girl. SO SO glad to meet you this week.

3. posted on Jan 03, 2012 at 7:17 PM  |  reply

2012 is a new beginning for me! I’m excited and nervous.

I’m really pumped for what you’re doing over at (in)courage :). I think any Godly single advice you have will touch us. Praying for ya.

• Annie
      posted on Jan 04, 2012 at 12:29 AM  |  reply

Thanks for your kind words, Tonya. I’m excited and nervous too.

4. posted on Jan 03, 2012 at 10:15 PM  |  reply

Well, Yes, I am excited for 2012. Not sure why, but possibly it is the unknown of what is coming up. Just that there is something new ahead.
    But I want to say that I’m kinda sad that you’re here. In the US. I was really enjoying the Scotland posts, and living vicariously through you. So I’m glad you’re happy, but wish I could have a couple more thoughts from Scotland.
    Just wanted you to know that I listened. And watched those VLOGs, even when you had the hair situation. πŸ™‚

• Annie
      posted on Jan 04, 2012 at 12:29 AM  |  reply

Thanks, Kerri. There are definitely a few stories left floating out there that I haven’t told yet…. soon enough. πŸ™‚ None as risky as the deportation story, though.

5. Kat
    posted on Jan 03, 2012 at 10:39 PM  |  reply

So I read your incourage post a few days ago on my phone and just now sitting down at an actual computer to type up a comment. I’ve been reading/following/participating with incourage for a few years now and have really enjoyed it but at the same time felt like a lot of it was geared towards and around moms. When I saw your post I just about cried. Being single can be very difficult and I usually compare it to riding a rollarcoaster because the highs are very high and the low are very low and sometimes you drop from that high point really,really fast. It’s also a hard subject to talk about with your married friends (and all my friends happen to be married… seriously I have one friend that is single but we may talk/see each other like twice a year). Being single for a few years in college is not the same as being single and working full time and surrounded by married ones all having babies together.

All that to say:) I’m super excited that you posted about singleness and look forward to whatever awesomeness incourage has planned in the future. Thanks for your honesty and willingness share.

• Annie
      posted on Jan 04, 2012 at 12:30 AM  |  reply

Thank you, Kat. I’m so glad you love (in)courage and took time to say hi. πŸ™‚

6. posted on Jan 04, 2012 at 12:00 AM  |  reply

I have very mixed feelings about 2012!

Writing sounds like a good plan! I want to as well. But it all goes back to whether or not I can keep everything else in balance this year. I’m certainly aiming to.

As for the being single thing, I look forward to where that goes! I think it’s a hole and gap that needs filling. Most definitely. I know that He’ll use this.

• Annie
      posted on Jan 04, 2012 at 12:32 AM  |  reply

Mixed feelings? I hope it is mixed between excitement and joy. πŸ™‚

• posted on Jan 04, 2012 at 12:58 AM  |  reply

@Annie, Haha…well, not quite excitement yet. Haha. I’m trying to get there. It just looks like there’s a change coming and I’m not sure what that means and where it will take me. On one hand, I’m up for adventure. On the other, sheesh…kinda scary. πŸ™‚

7. posted on Jan 04, 2012 at 7:37 AM  |  reply

I feel in my bones that 2012 is going to be amazing. Maybe not easy (although hopefully easier than 2011), but amazing. It better be since I’m in a hotel in the middle of nowhere 1,100 miles behind me and 1,100 miles before me. Nashvegas arrival: Thursday. That. Is. Insane.

Will be praying for the perfect little home for you. Know that feeling very very well (I lived in my bestie’s spare room for 2 months til I found a place there!). Also, at some point after this week but before 2013, I would like to meet your face πŸ™‚

8. posted on Jan 04, 2012 at 12:53 PM  |  reply

As we mourn for the Dawgs, I have to say that I have already read the sequin dress post and you look gorgeous in that beautiful dress. On another note, I’m also a lady who has found sweet healing from years of insecurities as a teen, but who has to admit there are still “those” days. So, I celebrate with you as you wear your redemption dress!

I did read the comments on your single post at (in)courage. God is doing something big, and this single girl is happy to be a witness!

9. Amy
    posted on Jan 05, 2012 at 9:34 AM  |  reply

Love the dress!! You look great! I am so thankful to have found your blog last year, and to have found Brenda at Triple Braided through you! Praying for you, girl! πŸ™‚

10. Stephanie
    posted on Jan 05, 2012 at 3:06 PM  |  reply

Have to say – I have the same feeling about 2012. Not sure why…but I just know that God has plans for this year. Perhaps nothing amazing or terribly life-changing, perhaps just continued spiritual growth. Either way, I am so glad that my hand is in His!

Have loved all of your posts lately! I ventured onto your blog from (in)courage, and let me just say that your recent post was powerful – as were the multitude of comments. Thanks for listening to God. He knows what He is doing. πŸ™‚

Keep up the good work!

11. Erica
    posted on Jan 05, 2012 at 4:55 PM  |  reply

So, I read the (in)courage post on singleness(love me some (in)courage! just sponsored my first Compassion child after yesterday’s post), and as a 27 year old single gal I just loved every last word of it. And all the comments too. But, then I sorta freaked out/chickened out when it came to replying, and then I got overwhelmed at the so. so. so. many responses that I never joined the party on the porch. I really do want to say, though, that I’m here, and I’m listening, and thank you.